Page 289 of 534 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Fixed - Thank you
    Anytime
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)

Caught up with Milan later in the day and planned a ride for next Monday (Waitangi day). Going to do Kihikihi, Mangakino, old taupo road, Arapuni, karapiro. Approx 220km with lunch at the Bus Stop cafe (NO EFTPOS). Some of the best roads in the Waikato so start arranging the day off and get your weekend work done on the Saturday & Sunday to leave Monday free. leaving Kingsgate Hotel carpark at 10 am and breakfast deal on from 9.00 am. Its in the calendar
    I more than likely would have been keen on this if it was Sunday. I'm being "schooled" on Monday. Got a bit done in the weekend so may go for another ride this weekend coming to get into the groove again.

Also, regarding the trailer, if anyone has any problems with their bikes and needs a trailer in the future, let me know. The past few weekends I've been teaching myself welding and have made up some wheel chocks that bolt into our trailer. Makes loading bloody easy. My welds will be getting a good test on Monday so if you hear I'm getting another bike next week - I need more practice They've held up to some decent "testing" so far - chock 4, concrete/hammer 0

Bike
    2008 Honda CB600F8 Hornet

Instant Low-rider

All going great until Marks suspension stuffed out and locked up his back wheel. Nice tyre track and cloud of tyre smoke but he did well to keep it upright and not come off. Parked it up, pillioned back to hamilton. Many many thanks to dave and Tony who arranged a trailor back in Hamilton and went and picked it up. Last I heard at about 8.00 pm last night they were heading back with the bike.
    See the amazing Hyosung transform into a cruiser before your very eyes! Gasp at the smell of the tyre smoke!! Thrill to the crazy fishtail motion and try to stop before it does!!!

So how, exactly, can you *break* a swingarm? Two photos attached (one for each piece). One is the shock linkage with part of the swingarm still attached, the other is looking up from below to whence it came. Nice one, eh? I am really not happy about this and what the consequences could have been ...

What I am happy about is how great everyone was! Thanks for the moral support, the help stashing the bastard (I'm still not on speaking terms with 'that bike'), a ride home and extra thanks for Dave and Tony for coming on a return trip with Tony's trailer. You guys have all been truly awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linkage.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	256411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swingarm.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	256412  

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by mvw View Post
    See the amazing Hyosung transform into a cruiser before your very eyes! Gasp at the smell of the tyre smoke!! Thrill to the crazy fishtail motion and try to stop before it does!!!

So how, exactly, can you *break* a swingarm? Two photos attached (one for each piece). One is the shock linkage with part of the swingarm still attached, the other is looking up from below to whence it came. Nice one, eh? I am really not happy about this and what the consequences could have been ...

What I am happy about is how great everyone was! Thanks for the moral support, the help stashing the bastard (I'm still not on speaking terms with 'that bike'), a ride home and extra thanks for Dave and Tony for coming on a return trip with Tony's trailer. You guys have all been truly awesome.
    What scares me the most is the ammount of corrosion inside of the frame as well as around the break. Personally I would be going back to Hyosung NZ and having them investigate it. This is a serious safety issue and one that the company might have to investigate further. I wander how many other owners had similar experience??

Bike
    he's back !!!
    I'd be buying a lotto ticket if I where you buddy !!!!!
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    None :(
    What I am happy about is how great everyone was!
    Many of us know what its like being stranded, alone and stressed about what to do next (or maybe just me) and its a horrible - but humbling - feeling. The words "dont worry about it, we'll get it sorted" goes a long way.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)

That's just nuts!! Surely an integral part of the structure of any vehicle should not just fail like that with it being involved in an accident. Seems a bit dodgy to me. I can totally get if it's just a freak thing but I'd still be telling the distributors. Not to get anything, just to make sure they are confident. That would be a lawsuit in the states. Hell, muppet drivers got their way when they kept flipping their SUVS.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    That's just nuts!! Surely an integral part of the structure of any vehicle should not just fail like that with it being involved in an accident. Seems a bit dodgy to me. I can totally get if it's just a freak thing but I'd still be telling the distributors. Not to get anything, just to make sure they are confident. That would be a lawsuit in the states. Hell, muppet drivers got their way when they kept flipping their SUVS.
    That is a MAJOR failure indeed.

Bike
    2008 Honda CB600F8 Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    What scares me the most is the ammount of corrosion inside of the frame as well as around the break. Personally I would be going back to Hyosung NZ and having them investigate it. This is a serious safety issue and one that the company might have to investigate further. I wander how many other owners had similar experience??
    The rusty area is the inside of the ripped-open swingarm and there's quite a bit on the exhaust, but the actual frame itself looks ok. I expect the rust weakened the swingarm but it was pretty light to start with. I'll definitely follow this up - I was very lucky it happened on a nice level straight and it could be a time-bomb for other owners.

I found this about a UK recall for this same model: http://korider.com/index.php?topic=7715.0 The there picture looks pretty damn similar.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Straight to Hyosung NZ mate and don't stop belting their front desk until you see a new bike in your garage. No BS this is worth that at least. Imagine you'd come off and no one had picked that it was because of a failure of a major component of the bike. This is failure of the worst kind and warrants any and all forms of redress.
    As for the W L O R looking after people mate I'd be glad if I had a problem and was riding with them, great folk they are.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    If the NZ ipmorter or Hysoung dosn't do anything about it, then Target or Fair Go and local consumer office is always a good step. Generally fear of bad publicity will ignite some fire under their asses

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Its a 2nd hand bike that is 9 years old. They will blame the previous owner(s).

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Its a 2nd hand bike that is 9 years old. They will blame the previous owner(s).
    It is still a serious issue, and if there is a record of recalls in other country, then surely they still have to look at the failure here in NZ. Otherwise, how many other timebombs are out there on the roads? I think this is a case of extremly good luck that it happened on a straight piece of road with no oncomming traffic. The consequences could have been much worse. After all, you don't see many bikes, old or new having a major failures of swing arms. And this looks like the corosion would have severely weakened the structure. Also by the look of these pics, the crack was there for quiet a while, and it just grew more untill it failed. You can check that by checking the corosion around the crack in the alloy

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    It is still a serious issue, and if there is a record of recalls in other country, then surely they still have to look at the failure here in NZ. Otherwise, how many other timebombs are out there on the roads? I think this is a case of extremly good luck that it happened on a straight piece of road with no oncomming traffic. The consequences could have been much worse. After all, you don't see many bikes, old or new having a major failures of swing arms. And this looks like the corosion would have severely weakened the structure. Also by the look of these pics, the crack was there for quiet a while, and it just grew more untill it failed. You can check that by checking the corosion around the crack in the alloy
    I don't disagree with you. I just wouldn't get too hopeful. Perhaps a thread should be started in the "General Bike Ravings" area to let others know.

Here is a thread about it http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...3-2004-models)

Bike
    Buell XB12Ss, KX250
    This other thread may be of interest to you mvw
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...3-2004-models)

Thread Information