Page 302 of 534 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries

Sunday's Ride

If no one has a better idea, how about leaving 10am Sunday and up to Port Waikato. We'll go through Te Kowhai- Ngaruawahia-Waingaro-HW22. Maybe back to Pokeno for greazies for lunch. Back down HW1, left to Te Kauwhata, around the lake and back through Taupri.

That's my plan, unless anyone has a better plan.

Solid rain, We pull the pin, showers, we ride.

I had planned to go down to the superbikes but apparently, they wont allow my beast on the track, so stuff 'em.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    None :(

port waikato

i'd been into going to port waikato - i'd was told by cc's if they could cater for around 10 or so bikers and they said would be better if you could book ahead. so, i could call if i can get some sort of #'s.

hint: take insect spray due to the sand flys

orsum.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wharekura View Post
    i'd been into going to port waikato - i'd was told by cc's if they could cater for around 10 or so bikers and they said would be better if you could book ahead. so, i could call if i can get some sort of #'s.

hint: take insect spray due to the sand flys

orsum.
    Or an alternative could be a shorter run out towards Raglan, hang a right onto HW22, waingaro rd, Rotorawa rd to Huntly and back via the back roads. I'm not sure if you could get 10 riders to commit to a booking.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Tomorrow
    Sunday 25
    Morning rain clearing and becoming fine. Fresh northerlies turning southwest

Hopefully working on the bike late tomorrow morning (Sunday). If its all done a few of us may head out to Raglan for a bite to eat. Will probably be after lunch sometime so if anyone intrested txt me on 027 277 2696 and I will let you know on the Sunday how its going and what time we may be heading off!! Weather dependent

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    awa - u r right, be too hard to book the f&c
    shorter the ride the better, for me anyway - keen for the raglan trip, and i hear ur a fan of icecreams

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wharekura View Post
    awa - u r right, be too hard to book the f&c
    shorter the ride the better, for me anyway - keen for the raglan trip, and i hear ur a fan of icecreams
    How about this, Do my shorter ride in the reverse. Ride up to Huntly through the back roads, Rotowaro rd to HW22. Into Raglan for a snack, then maybe meet up with Murray over there.

I dont mind either way. My mob is 027 6923454.

Bike
    rags it is then (and icecream) - where r we meeting up awa and time? and turning right, be polite

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I suppose we could met at the Kingsgate as normal at 10am. Go out via Te Kowhai rd. Will work it out then.

Bike
    1999 Kawasaki zx6r
    I would join you guys but i pulled off the new handle bars i got put on as they arent what they were supposed to be so im sick of the sight of them and while putting the stock ones back on the choke cable came out and im having trouble trying to get it sorted out so ive given up for the day and will try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by nanahc; 24th March 2012 at 17:57. Reason: bad word checking

Bike
    2008 Honda CB600F8 Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    I suppose we could met at the Kingsgate as normal at 10am. Go out via Te Kowhai rd. Will work it out then.
    10am might be a bit soon for Murray? And I don't mind letting the roads dry a bit. Happy to do a late lunch in Rags.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mvw View Post
    10am might be a bit soon for Murray? And I don't mind letting the roads dry a bit. Happy to do a late lunch in Rags.
    Thats fine by me. Lets make it an afternoon run. Leave the Kingsgate at 1pm?
    The weather is supposed to be getting better through the day.

1 PM at the Kingsgate

Bike
    2008 Honda CB600F8 Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    1 PM at the Kingsgate
    Choice. See you there!

Bike
    newer, redder, faster & ...louder

Bird strike !!

Cruising home today after our lunch in Raggers, we were taking the long way home via the top of the harbour & Waingaro. Came around a RH corner prolly just a tad over the 100 cliks mark , and about 10 -15 mtrs in front of me was a BLOODY hawk mid flight with road kill in tow at about head height . Only had an instant to stand the bike up get on the picks. The rear locked up (as I clearly remember the sound ) and I was off them again just about as quickly - and WHAMM, head just about ripped off my shoulders with a face full of Hawk. Have no idea how I negotiated the remainder of the corner but came to a stop on the shoulder of the road with the hawk dead undies full and a very sore neck. My Visor took the full impact as I remember it pushing into my face - didn't break though ???? Have had a few close calls in the past with Hawks & Pukakoe's but this was the first time I have connected - not much fun at all !!!
    If you don't know where you are going , any road will get you there ............

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Good to see that you are posting this information mate. Means you are actually OK.
    Got me a Puke! last month, straight through the gap between front wheel and engine, Ah No, got engined didn't it, blood everywhere, cloud of feathers, lucky for me I'd seen it and kept accelerating through it with enough room on the other side to asses damage and keep riding.
    This just days after finally getting her back in one Piece.
    No fun this bird striking aye?
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    What some people will do for a cheap meal!!! You were quite lucky. Hope your neck is ok. I hit a possum once at full noise, not nice.

Thread Information