Page 310 of 534 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    [QUOTE=nanahc;1130310930]
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    4 minutes of boring ride video. Whangamata to Waihi - or part thereof.

Thats good quality video you got there, what kind of camera you useing? i just bought the gopro hd2 and its a good little camera for the bike.
    It's the RePlay XD 1080. Filmed at 720p and 60fps.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Nice vid SF, pity there were no other bikes in shot
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Nice video mr SF. Unfortunately I stopped using cameras on the road after a good friend of mine got done for speeding. The popo used his footage to prove he was speeding and done him for going 138 in 100km area. Poor bastard would have got off since it was a mufti and without a radar, so the speed would have been estimate only, but the popo saw the helmet cam and asked for the footage which silly mr friend handed over without argument. (don't know what the legality of the cop asking for footage is) So as a rule I try and avoid carrying anything on me that is likely to help the popos with prosecuting me if I do happen to go over the speed limit. Why make it easy for them I say
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Nice vid SF, pity there were no other bikes in shot
    Guess you lot were too slow to catch me up huh..?

Actually, I usually go pretty easy through that bit. Met enough SUV's on my side of the road up there already.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Nice video mr SF. Unfortunately I stopped using cameras on the road after a good friend of mine got done for speeding. The popo used his footage to prove he was speeding and done him for going 138 in 100km area. Poor bastard would have got off since it was a mufti and without a radar, so the speed would have been estimate only, but the popo saw the helmet cam and asked for the footage which silly mr friend handed over without argument. (don't know what the legality of the cop asking for footage is) So as a rule I try and avoid carrying anything on me that is likely to help the popos with prosecuting me if I do happen to go over the speed limit. Why make it easy for them I say
    No problems with the speed limit in that persnickular vid...and the speedo is rarely in view. Course there is a standard distance between white lines so speed can be estimated that way I suppose. As long as the replay is at the same fps as the original recording and how would you know that?

Anyway, I'm a law-abiding citizen I am...

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    No problems with the speed limit in that persnickular vid...and the speedo is rarely in view. Course there is a standard distance between white lines so speed can be estimated that way I suppose. As long as the replay is at the same fps as the original recording and how would you know that?

Anyway, I'm a law-abiding citizen I am...
    I wasn't suggesting you were speeding, and you are right, one can't see the speedo and there are no hints that you were breaking any laws. In my friends case, he was silly enough to mount his camera in a way that was partially showing the speedo, AND he was breaking the law by speeding. He can only blame him self. My point was that I chose not to have recording devices if they only end up being used against me. The other side of the coin tho is that one could be law abiding and some plonker in a cage pulls out and hits you. you then have evidence which can play in your favour if the accident has to be dsiputed in court.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    I wasn't suggesting you were speeding, and you are right, one can't see the speedo and there are no hints that you were breaking any laws.
    Oh, I didn't think that was your suggestion at all, 5150. But I am aware of footage being used to prosecute people so i understand your decision. Some clown recently posted up footage with the speedo showing some light speed reading...nuff said!

I don't post every piece of footage I shoot...ermmm...if you see what I mean...cough cough

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I asked a cop if the police had the right to tell me to switch of a camera if it remained recording during a pull up. He said no they dont, and if asked to do so, ask under what law? A cop has got no right to ask you to hand over anything if it's not part of his reason for stopping you.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    I asked a cop if the police had the right to tell me to switch of a camera if it remained recording during a pull up. He said no they dont, and if asked to do so, ask under what law? A cop has got no right to ask you to hand over anything if it's not part of his reason for stopping you.
    They can however ask you to hand over footage if they have a reasonable reason to believe is used for criminal activity. And if they believe you were filming your self commiting an illigal act, aka, illigal racing, careless display of speed etc, then they can use it against you in a court of law.

Bike
    Suzuki Intruder 250
    Hi there, laxed out riders
    im keen to come for a wee ride,
    happy to come to hamilton (I live in Paeroa)
    but also keen to meet anyone living a bit closer to me to meet for a coffee and a wee look around the countryside
    anybody out there??
    I've had my GN about 2 months, never previously ridden, but recently did a trip out to Pauanui, through Whangamata and Waihi, with Ulysses
    Awesome ride

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by onelittlenurse View Post
    but also keen to meet anyone living a bit closer to me to meet for a coffee and a wee look around the countryside
    anybody out there??
    I've had my GN about 2 months, never previously ridden, but recently did a trip out to Pauanui, through Whangamata and Waihi, with Ulysses
    Awesome ride
    You woud be very welcome on any laxed out ride I am sure. Follow the thread and to see when rides take place.

Bike
    2005 Suzuki boulevard C50
    Quote Originally Posted by onelittlenurse View Post
    anybody out there??
    Awesome ride
    I agree ..... you would be very welcome ... Ive been a tad busy so havent been along on a ride lately
    Get Vengence on your kids !!! Live long enough to be grandparents

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)

It's the RePlay XD 1080. Filmed at 720p and 60fps.
    You've got another one!? How many camera's have you gone through now? Those RePlay's are nice units. Found out at high def, older PC's can't handle the footage though. Sorry, correction, old version of Windows Media player on old PC can't handle them.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    You've got another one!? How many camera's have you gone through now? Those RePlay's are nice units. Found out at high def, older PC's can't handle the footage though. Sorry, correction, old version of Windows Media player on old PC can't handle them.
    This is only the second camera I have had. The first was the ATC2K.

You are right about the windows problems. The RePlay's recording is in .mov format - apple/mac stuff. Windows is touchy about the opposition it seems.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    This is only the second camera I have had. The first was the ATC2K.

You are right about the windows problems. The RePlay's recording is in .mov format - apple/mac stuff. Windows is touchy about the opposition it seems.
    mmm, why did I think you have tried a few? Oh well, I'll go back to sleep. Didn't know it was recorded in .mov. That would explain a few things. We did some videoing inside the father-in-laws race car and when we were watching it back it was stuttering with no sound. Awesome picture when it was paused though I didn't really wanna put any other software on their laptop as it was only used for the car (might have retuned it or something the next time they plugged it in )

Thread Information