Page 502 of 534 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    2011 Kawasaki ZX-14 "Monster"
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Thought if I saw the bike/s I'd say hello, but since posting I've looked at other roads between Oto and Rangitoto that I might go exploring. Last day of my AL before work and its too nice to waste.
    Fair enough, have a good one
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I had to travel down to Tekuiti for a hospital appointment so chose to ride down. Was great clear winter sunshine. Parked up down there, got the business done and came out to the carpark. Then I remembered that not only had I forgotten to take the GoPro off the bike, I had left it running. Buggar, that kills any chance of getting some nice late afternoon footage on the return trip.

I left it going and decided to take a chance. As it was, the camera was still recording when I got back home. Quite pleased, 14.4GB over 2hr 21min and still going. Out of town I turned left into Oparure road, then into Fullerton rd. The late sun on the countryside was brilliant. Only drawback was riding into the sun which made for some awfully dark corners to ride through. I tried to get some stills off the GoPro to show the effects of the sun shining through the trees but the camera is setup for the emphasis to be on the road, and I'd left my camera at home.

Here are a few photos.
    Fullerton rd.

Huarua rd.

Fullerton rd.

Fullerton rd.

At Waitomo I turned right and then left onto Huarua rd. this comes out on the Waitomo road just short of Oto. There is a lovely view over the farmland from this road but unfortunately, the bike wasn't looking towards the road side.

A nice 'crisp' day but a reminder to myself to always carry a camera.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Looking good mate !! what type of Gopro you using ? I presume you have a remote as well ?
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    At least your forgettery is working perfectly, even if other bits are wearing out... you poor old buggar!

A nice day yesterday and a wee bit warmer...

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    Looking good mate !! what type of Gopro you using ? I presume you have a remote as well ?
    It is a basic Hero 3 white model. When my wife said you decide which one you want and I'll buy it for you for Christmas, I did the right thing and selected the cheapest model as I figured it would do the job and not come with whistles and bells that I would never use. In hindsight, I should've picked the silver model as they have a superior lense for low light usage and a few more options in the settings. Spent a small fortune on genuine mounts etc then settled on a $3.40 pipe clamp fixed to the upper fork.

The gopro site says the remote pulls about 10% more life from the battery, but my experience is that it drains more. I dont use the remote very often.

This wee clip is from Fullerton road. Only 60sec's.

Bike
    Katana GS650 1983
    Got nothing to do tomorrow - pop down to Okoroire and meet up with Maha

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...rrow-(June-28)
    YOU ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!! ENJOY LIFE WHILE YOU HAVE IT!!

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    [QUOTE=awa355;1130877160]This wee clip is from Fullerton road. Only 60sec's. QUOTE]

Took me a while but now I see the telephone poles are on the wrong side.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IkieBikie View Post
    Got nothing to do tomorrow - pop down to Okoroire and meet up with Maha

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...rrow-(June-28)
    I will if I get enough sleep in the morning after work.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Ride if anyone interested

Put it away in your dairy's Sunday week

RIDE UPDATE - Meeting up with that Fat Bikers group

Off we jolly well go again for a feed and a social at the L&P Cafe in Paeroa. Its also Flub's birthday so make sure you all bring a long a little gift for the big man or there will be trouble.

Here's the deal:

WHEN Sunday 19th July 2015

MEET WHERE Kingsgate Hotel Hamilton or if your really keen Caltex Bombay - 9.30am meet up 10.00am roll

MEET TIME 9.15am, 9.45am roll - May travel to Paeroa via Orini if Don's coming along

Riders can hook up with us along the way otherwise we will see you in Paeroa.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Weather as sharp as it is the next couple of nights, I'm pleased (in one sense) that I had to hold off doing my midnight ride to Welly for breakfast tomorrow night. So, tomorrow I will get out late morning and go exploring more roads between here and Tekuiti.

My weekend off, so on Sunday I might well take a ride around the Waipa/Waitomo roads.

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Weather as sharp as it is the next couple of nights, I'm pleased (in one sense) that I had to hold off doing my midnight ride to Welly for breakfast tomorrow night. So, tomorrow I will get out late morning and go exploring more roads between here and Tekuiti.

My weekend off, so on Sunday I might well take a ride around the Waipa/Waitomo roads.
    Where you heading on sunday?
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    Where you heading on sunday?
    Not sure. Either out to the coast, Kawhia/Harbour rd/ Waitomo, or through Bennydale/ Whakamaha/ Old Taupo rd?. I'd leave about 10-11am so less chance of ice in the shadows. (Waitomo-Te anga would likely hold ice all day).

A shorter enjoyable ride would be some of the back roads I have ridden lately down to Tekuiti, a bite to eat there, and return via side roads to Waitomo/ Oto. Roads all in good condition, Probably wouldn't suit the hi speed riders tho. I used to always be looking for long rides over roads I hadn't ridden before, now, I'm quite happy to re ride local roads and this time of year about 2-3 hours out on the bike is a good winter's ride.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    It was a buggar, I didn't want to go out but the wife finally pushed me out the door and sent me on my way. So I did. A short 100ishk's and a couple of roads ridden that I had always gones past previously. I will write up a short report under the ride reports later.
    Today's tikitour was to suss out a couple of roads to go back to on Sunday. Here is a photo and a short clip from todays ride.

Have to post this pic taken from Lurman road, as an attachment, as photobucket is down. The clip is a brief look at Sircombe road.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lurman 4.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	307.8 KB 
ID:	313592

I will probably make today's ride part of a Sunday run to Tekuiti. Most likely leave Te A about 10.30.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    6 am and I'm sitting in front of a roaring fire while the frost outside is still building up. Thinking about the bike ride later this morning.
    That damn sun had better get working before too long.

Bike
    2011 Kawasaki ZX-14 "Monster"
    Yup, know what you mean, I'm in front of the fire... Planning on Kawhia later in the morning/lunch time
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Thread Information