Page 180 of 534 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rideon View Post
    Awesome day here in Cairns. Hired a trumpy speedmaster & did a 250 km loop - Cairns - Kurunda- Mareeba- Mossman Gorge- Port Douglas- Capt Cook Highway (down the coast to cairns).
    As we got into the first set of lovelies - 1st corner 40km LH'er , I figured that she'd get around that, at about 80 k's - WRONG - side stand, pegs & feet all scraped & a slap from the pillion & some mutterings about it being a cruiser & not the VTR, had me easin up a lil bit. What a wicked piece of twisties non the less. Kangaroo warning signs & unfenced stock signs makes one scan the landscape a lil more than normal too. A hop-bang, woudn't be a lotta fun. Lovely trip down the Capt Cook highway , but honestly it has nothing on the the coast road up from Thames. All n all a great day out on a not so nimble cruiser. Home 5.30 AM Wed Morn so may be at the pub Wed Night. Sounds like a good turnout today for the LOR's & some fine weather at last !!
    Can we lookforward to some photos and a trip report?

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    We were trying to figure out where you had gone. It took a while for us to work out you more than likely went down SH1, it took me even longer to work out you had pointed that you were going down SH1 before we headed off. Obviously I can't count using my mirrors because I could have sworn you started riding with us. We got there in the end.
    Yeah I did start heading down that road with you just to turn back around, only followed as I thought you may be heading to the servo. I hoped the rear guard had noticed me flicking the U. Was that you and Trina behind me on the motorway Murray? Wasn't sure and couldn't be arsed dropping back to see.
    How'd the Cleveton riders fare? Was there on Saturday and loved that road between, we sure are blessed here in NZ!

Bike
    1973 Laverda SF1

Great day out

Thanks to Murray for organising a great day out, had a ball and a good ride home. A couple of photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0269.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	539.8 KB 
ID:	212691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0270.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	538.5 KB 
ID:	212692  

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Was that you and Trina behind me on the motorway Murray? Wasn't sure and couldn't be arsed dropping back to see.
    Yep we followed you down the motorway. Trina reckons she was going to pass you - she's getting gutsy now with just that little more power, but with the amount of traffic and likelihood of Mr Plod decided not to.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    07XL650V, 89GPX250F
    Quote Originally Posted by kb_SF1 View Post
    Thanks to Murray for organising a great day out, had a ball and a good ride home. A couple of photos.
    DAMN IT, photos are great I knew that ride would be freckin awesome ! family commitment's

Bike
    Superduke 990
    DAMN IT, photos are great I knew that ride would be freckin awesome ! work commitment's

(i feel your pain!)

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    Superduke 990
    double post

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyrobot View Post
    double post
    No it's not - read it closely...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Custom Bonnie
    Blog Entries
    passed me full-licence test today!
    nice to be legal!
    won't be able to enjoy it in the weekend though - the trumpy's gonna be in the shop getting the carbs re-jetted to make her a bit leaner and hopefully solve a few issues.
    perhaps I'll go test ride summink on Sat, don't know what though....
    [CENTER]Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Congratulations - Well done - Trinas new plastic/fantastic license arrived in the mail today. Bit of a load off the old mind knowing you can drive the Big Bonnie legally now eh??

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Yep we followed you down the motorway. Trina reckons she was going to pass you - she's getting gutsy now with just that little more power, but with the amount of traffic and likelihood of Mr Plod decided not to.
    Shit, I'm glad she didn't, the toll on my manhood would be unbearable! Lol.
    Bloody nice bike though! Ditto yours Dazz. First LOR ride I've been on where I was the only 250...

Bike
    1973 Laverda SF1
    well done Dazz, followed you on Sunday and you should not have had any problems.

Bike
    Custom Bonnie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Congratulations - Well done - Trinas new plastic/fantastic license arrived in the mail today. Bit of a load off the old mind knowing you can drive the Big Bonnie legally now eh??
    No worries with Mr Plod and no worries if I tip off - well not as much as without the right licence.

Quote Originally Posted by kb_SF1 View Post
    well done Dazz, followed you on Sunday and you should not have had any problems.
    Thanks mate - was nice to meet you - Go the Bonnies!
    [CENTER]Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerDazz View Post
    passed me full-licence test today!
    the trumpy's gonna be in the shop getting the carbs re-jetted to make her a bit leaner
    perhaps I'll go test ride summink on Sat, don't know what though....
    Well done mate !!!! Alot of satisfaction comes to mind when you can ride past Mr Plod with out a care in the world ( assuming your riding to the posted speed limit that is ) perhaps test ride something containing fuel injection rather than carbs maybe ??

There can't be to many Learner riders left in the ranks or 250cc bikes...... hands up those due to graduate to a full license shortly OR now have a full license, BUT is graduating to a larger CC bike before summer
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Pub night tonight - yahoo

Kerry has put a calendar entry up for Sunday, no given route though. The weather looks a little bit wet but I am keen to attend the ride, just have to juggle some other events happening.

Thread Information