Page 198 of 534 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries

Sunday 24 September

As some interest has been expressed I have now loaded a Calander Event for next Sunday. Promise no Ulysses sign in sheets or indemnity's. Reserve right however to collect names and phone numbers.

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    1987 GPX 250

Bike
    Superduke 990
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntwar View Post
    Here you go
    Cheers. No idea why it worked for us but not Mike. Not signed in to a google account maybe?
    That's the route anyway.

The little roads off of Ruakura were where I had to do my two u-turns.

WELLINGTON: Tag-o-rama

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyrobot View Post
    Cheers. No idea why it worked for us but not Mike. Not signed in to a google account maybe?
    That's the route anyway.

I was lucky and never did them. Perhaps they counted the roundabout as my u-turn haha.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Trina did hers a few months ago and only got half way through it when the instructor called her back and said I can see you can ride your've passed. Try and get the guy! You can ask her about it on Wednesday if you pop into the Rapa.

Forecast for Weekend

Saturday 23 Fine with light winds.
    Sunday 24 Dry with not much wind.
    Monday 25 Dry. Light winds.

I will probably be working (rowing teams in so bloody busy) but they should all be gone by 9.30 so Trina and I may be in. Nigels car is racing at Taupo over the weeekend so if we get to Taupo we could drop in therer??

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntwar View Post
    My test was the same except i went around the roundabout at the end of Ruakura road instead of turning right into Nottingham.

If i do a defense driving thingy ma bob i can get my full licence in 5 weeks time. Don't know if i wanna spend $200 on it though!
    The DD course is pretty good if you don't go into it thinking you're god on the road and know everything. It taught me a few things and I've been on the roads for a few years now (not as many as Murray though ) and I actually thought it was worth it. In fact, every "learning" thing I've done with regards to riding I've learnt something and thought they were worth it.

BUT if you can't afford to get a bigger bike there's not point like Rusty said. I think you can get a discount with some insurance companies when you're done it (need to hit my one up and check).

Sometimes they're booked up and several weeks in advance so you may find it'll takes ages to get in.

Has anyone done a Full test in Hamilton recently? (Dazz?) Wondering how they get you to point out the potential dangers - do they have a 2-way mic system or use the old 'point them out' routine? Anything tricky I need to be aware of?
    They stop you for the test and ask you. Some testers don't bother but I reckon this is the most important aspect of it. I got asked to keep doing U-turns and going back through the intersection until I finally got a hazard. It took 3 times and it was only when some road-working came and set up I had something.

They're not interested in shit that can't move (unless of course it's say REALLY windy) so don't bother saying shit like "that power pole could fall on me". Anything that posses a response should be mentioned.

And they didn't ask me what I did to avoid/minimise the danger either. We, tester and I, were more having a giggle about how quiet it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Trina did hers a few months ago and only got half way through it when the instructor called her back and said I can see you can ride your've passed. Try and get the guy! You can ask her about it on Wednesday if you pop into the Rapa.

Forecast for Weekend

Saturday 23 Fine with light winds.
    Sunday 24 Dry with not much wind.
    Monday 25 Dry. Light winds.

I will probably be working (rowing teams in so bloody busy) but they should all be gone by 9.30 so Trina and I may be in. Nigels car is racing at Taupo over the weeekend so if we get to Taupo we could drop in therer??
    Rowers should be gone by 7 They like to be near the water early. Only the lazy ones arrive 2 hours before race starts.

That reminds me I need to talk to Nigel about Brooke's car.

A ride this weekend will be good if the weather holds (token gesture to get the thread back on topic)

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post

We should check with Nigel on Wednesday night. Also could delay to 10.00 am if that helped you and Trina

Bike
    07XL650V, 89GPX250F
    That's the route anyway.

you were correct, not signed into goggle at work.

cheers lads, i'm sure i will b fine.

Bike
    V Rod
    Anything happening on the Monday???
    Also, good luck with the restricted mikemike
    There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by STJim View Post
    Reserve right however to collect names and phone numbers.
    really what for ? I will probably reserve the right to say bugger off lol

all good figure its for safety reasons, never a bad idea I guess.
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post

Na mate, he thinks your eyes are pretty and has been trying to nab your number for sometime now

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

He's a lawyer he can charge everyone on the the ride for 3 lots of 3 minutes for time taken to collect names and numbers.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    07XL650V, 89GPX250F
    Passed it Which is freckin amazing because its only after I pulled up at AA again that i realised my helmet wasnt even buckled up

Couple things I did almost ended it, but they only happened because it was a test and not me riding as per normal.

Went too slow at train crossing and stopped at giveway and she almost hit me in her explorer

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries

Two reasons:
    1 In case of an accident I would feel oblidged to phone and let your partner know if you were incapable, and
    2 If any rider is lost I can phone up and hopefully find him or her.
    In Murrays case of course he seems to be suggesting that I should send him an account

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemike104 View Post
    Passed it Which is freckin amazing because its only after I pulled up at AA again that i realised my helmet wasnt even buckled up

Couple things I did almost ended it, but they only happened because it was a test and not me riding as per normal.

Went too slow at train crossing and stopped at giveway and she almost hit me in her explorer
    sweet dude.

Well done!

Would have got bonus points if you could have made her run into the back of you. Funny!!

Thread Information