Page 202 of 534 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyton View Post
    You know you have not ridden for a while when you borrow your old mans Yamaha TRX 850 and go for a good tyre scrubbing session... feel Great!, Then 1 hour later have your lower back muscles collapse and not be able to walk for the next 2 days, bed ridden for Tuesday.

LOL!!!

Lesson Learn t : Keep Riding!!! a.k.a Buy a cheaper bike so you don't have to sell it :P

Other lesson, Rock climbing 2-3 times a week is doing nothing for my lower back!

Hope all is well on the Laxy front
    maybe there was dust on the bike

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Who are you????

Quote Originally Posted by Leyton View Post
    You know you have not ridden for a while when you borrow your old mans Yamaha TRX 850 and go for a good tyre scrubbing session... feel Great!, Then 1 hour later have your lower back muscles collapse and not be able to walk for the next 2 days, bed ridden for Tuesday.

LOL!!!

Lesson Learn t : Keep Riding!!! a.k.a Buy a cheaper bike so you don't have to sell it :P

Other lesson, Rock climbing 2-3 times a week is doing nothing for my lower back!

Hope all is well on the Laxy front
    Do we know you?????

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by wysper View Post
    REALLLY - thats cool... will there be copies to buy on the night? if so what price?
    Copies will be avaiable $44.95, over 400 pages and a great read.

Media Release

Croz: Larrikin Biker

by Graeme Crosby

Release Date: NOVEMBER 2010 | RRP: $44.99 | HARPERCOLLINS Publishers

I lifted up my UV-cracked visor with my thumb. ‘Which way does the track go and what’s the lap record?’ I called out over the noise of the valve gear rattling and clanging between my legs. The flag marshal’s eyebrows raised in disbelief. I could see him muttering, ‘And who the hell do you think you are — Mike Hailwood?’

In 1979, a little-known Kiwi racer made his way to Britain arriving with his worldly possessions in a carry-bag. His racing suit draped over his left shoulder, a scratched helmet in his right hand and just £150 in his wallet, he was ready to take on the world. Four years and two world championships later, he had achieved more than most riders could ever hope for in a lifetime of racing.

Graeme Crosby, or ‘Croz’, as he is affectionately known to millions of fans, went on to win The Daytona 200, in which only six winners have been from outside the United States or Canada in Daytona’s 71-year history. He won The Imola 200, The Suzuka 8 hour, and the notoriously dangerous Isle of Man Tourist Trophy in only his second year on the island at age 25.

In Croz’s final year in the Isle of Man, 1981, he was acknowledged as the best rider of the four-stroke machines in the world and smashed the lap record.

He is the last of a certain breed of motorcyclists; he could, and did, ride just about anything.

In his own words, Croz: Larrikin Biker is his journey from the grassroots of New Zealand motorcycle racing through Australia, Japan, the UK and Europe.

He was adored by the Aussies as he rode in true buccaneering style on a modified street bike against Australia’s best GP stars, and he shocked the Japanese taking on the mighty Honda endurance racing team, again on a modified bike, and breaking the lap record. He wowed the Brits coming fourth in his first attempt at the Tourist Trophy races at the Isle of Man and gained superstar status, drawing crowds wherever he raced.

But it wasn’t only winning that Croz was known for. His humour and showmanship won him a legion of fans around the world. Unlike many motorsports people, Croz had the attitude that racing was show business and that if people paid to watch him race, then they were going to get their money’s worth. He’d pull wheelies at the unlikeliest of places and once, while racing against Mike ‘the Bike’ Hailwood, found time to stand on the footrests and bow to the Hailwood fans as he flashed around the outside of the legendary Englishman.

After shaking up the racing establishment in Britain, Croz tried his hand at Grand Prix racing and often beat the world’s best, but after three seasons he’d had enough and quit. Many think this legendary speed demon quit too soon.

In Croz: Larrikin Biker, Croz reveals his reasons for quitting, the crashes, the pain, the elation of winning and the international controversies as well as the politics, boycotts and tragic fatalities, while winning a few world championships along the way.

Graeme Crosby now lives at Matakana, north of Auckland, where he and his wife are establishing their own piece of paradise. This is his first book. It doesn’t show.

Bike
    Zook 1981 GS850 and 1983 GN250

Charity Bike Ride

Hamilton North Special School are holding their Annual Bike Ride on Sunday Nov 7, bikes leaving at 10am from the school in Warwick Ave. $5 per bike
    Safely

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries

7th Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Looking to see if anyone is interested in this Sunday 7th November meet up with some blast from the past bikers. let me know so we can book!!
    Hi, Are the BFTP'ers riders of older bikes? If so, I'll be a starter on the ole GB500tt. Those are neat roads and it would be nice to ride with some company. What time would you be planning to meet up at Huntly?
    If the charity bike ride ( mentioned above) finishes before this ride, I might do both runs.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Nothing planned for this weekend - To busy for me in the morning with rowers everywhere.

I suggest for the following week as many as can come along to the charity ride JMK has alluded to above. LOR's have attended for the last couple of years and there is a bit of a BBQ at the end (gold coin or something) and a real mix of bikes, cars etc

Its a good day and for a good cause. I have added a calendar entry in for those wishing to come!!!!! Generally finished by 2.30ish.

Also if anyone interested in the BFTP dinner ride 7th Nov let me know!!

Be careful out there!!! Sad news at Hampton Downs today!! Gutted

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Hi, Are the BFTP'ers riders of older bikes? If so, I'll be a starter on the ole GB500tt. Those are neat roads and it would be nice to ride with some company. What time would you be planning to meet up at Huntly?
    Message from Dodyiti (guzzi rider) re time etc. Can meet up in Hams if you want!

"I talked to Motu yesterday and he is keen (well, he was mumbling about no time to think up an excuse) so the 7th it is. May as well meet in Huntly, say the power station park with the carving accross the road from the power station at 4pm?"

Yep all pre 1990 bikes. My wife rides a GB400TT. May be a few LOR riders too on newer bikes. I think theres about 8 people going so far.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Message from Dodyiti (guzzi rider) re time etc. Can meet up in Hams if you want!

"I talked to Motu yesterday and he is keen (well, he was mumbling about no time to think up an excuse) so the 7th it is. May as well meet in Huntly, say the power station park with the carving accross the road from the power station at 4pm?"

Yep all pre 1990 bikes. My wife rides a GB400TT. May be a few LOR riders too on newer bikes. I think theres about 8 people going so far.
    I'll be a starter. I'm in Te A so will ride thru to the charity ride first then on to Huntly.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Thumbs up NO LOR RUN 31 Oct

No organised run this weekend - see calendar and earlier posts re 2 possibilities for next Sunday (7 Nov). Long range forecast already looks mint for this day.

Bike
    1973 Laverda SF1

See you on the 7th

Bit tied up with the toy at the moment, engine is back in, clutch is working, carbs fitted and synched and timing is next. Will finish either tomorrow, when i get back from looking at super charged V12 Merlins or Monday night and then the fun of running it in.

Thats if I haven't stuffed something up big time.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries

I saw you two around last week, i just could not get to the truck in time to run you over

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Note for charity ride

Meeting from 9.00 am onwards DEPARTS at 10 a.m.

thanks for the info Ms JMK

Bike
    1983 GN250
    Meeting from 9.00 am onwards DEPARTS at 10 a.m.

thanks for the info Ms JMK
    Lets hope the weather is as good as last few days

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs JMK View Post
    Lets hope the weather is as good as last few days
    Will you be joining us on your GN250

Bike
    '03 Ducati Monster
    I wont make it, ill be riding through the Lewis Pass from Nelson to Christchurch!

When I get back ill come along for a LOR ride

Thread Information