Page 303 of 534 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    None :(

Bloody Colonists

I was reluctant to join a riding group to better my riding since im getting back into it after 20 years - 'cause i thought they'd be a bunch of speed freaks in which my humble 250 would find it hard going keeping up. but i was wrong. what i wasnt wrong about though was a few bloody colonists on our way back to hamtown via ngaruwahia - right up our rectums (and we were doing the speed limit) then overtaking on the corners while vehicles coming the other way. its no damn wonder some car drivers get fked off with motorcyclists.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by rideon View Post
    Cruising home today after our lunch in Raggers, we were taking the long way home via the top of the harbour & Waingaro. Came around a RH corner prolly just a tad over the 100 cliks mark , and about 10 -15 mtrs in front of me was a BLOODY hawk mid flight with road kill in tow at about head height . Only had an instant to stand the bike up get on the picks. The rear locked up (as I clearly remember the sound ) and I was off them again just about as quickly - and WHAMM, head just about ripped off my shoulders with a face full of Hawk. Have no idea how I negotiated the remainder of the corner but came to a stop on the shoulder of the road with the hawk dead undies full and a very sore neck. My Visor took the full impact as I remember it pushing into my face - didn't break though ???? Have had a few close calls in the past with Hawks & Pukakoe's but this was the first time I have connected - not much fun at all !!!
    stuff that for a good time! I've always been lucky to get them on straights or at the start of corners so I could slow down. Still had one occasion when I felt I had to duck (it was probably 2m above me though).

Taking one out with your head...now that's some bad ass shit right there mate! haha

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    I hit a pig once with my bike. Come to think of it he was not impressed.....
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Bikes, BBQ and Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    This Sunday looking at Orini, Rutherford Road, Storey Rd, Kopuku (Maramua Forest), state highway 2

Sunday 1
    Fine with light winds

Calendar entry in, leaving Kingsgate Hotel carpark 10.30 am should be in Devonport 1pm latest and head back after some BBQ and Blues. Its in Calendar

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    1993 kawasaki zxr 250
    its a shame ive now shifted out of the area since i just got my new bike on the road last weekend will have to try come over and see all you guys and girls again one day soon

Bike
    05 iHornet 900
    Saturday Night Entertainment possibility !
    Rd 1 World Speedway March 31st Western Springs

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Cool

All you guys "got the blues"? No-one interested in going along Sunday?? Its in the calendar

Sunday 1 Fine with light winds

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Anyone riding around Waikato this Sunday? Wife and I are planning a wee excursion to Okororie for brunch if anyone wants to join up?
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    2007, Kawasaki, ZX-6R
    Im flying down but anyone riding down to this??
    http://www.airforce.mil.nz/operation...nformation.htm
    Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment.

Bike
    1973 Laverda SF1

This weekend

Taking the SF1 to the vintage car club rally tomorrow, it qualifys in the Post 1960 category.
    First time for the Toy or me so could be interesting.
    Sunday is work around the house unless of course there is a better offer and the bonne can have a trip out.

KB

Bike
    speed speed SPEED
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Anyone riding around Waikato this Sunday? Wife and I are planning a wee excursion to Okororie for brunch if anyone wants to join up?
    RAT ride to Auckland Sunday. Leaving Hamilton Motorcycles at 10

bruuum
    It's all Shits and Giggles until someone Giggles and Shits

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Good day at the Bikes, BBQ and Blues festival. Music was cool and it was a pity more couldnt make it. Next year (if it runs again) I'm definately going up earlier and spending the day there.

Long range forecast for Easter is WET. If anyone wants to arrange a ride (forecast may get better??) please do so!!!

Bike
    2008 Honda CB600F8 Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Long range forecast for Easter is WET. If anyone wants to arrange a ride (forecast may get better??) please do so!!!

The long-range regional forecast is looking better already! Here's hoping it turns out well.

http://www.metservice.com/rural/waikato

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries

Easter Sunday

On Easter Sunday 8 April Ulysses has an afternoon cruze leaving Hillcrest Caltex at 1.30 pm. Heading for coffee somewhere North East. All are welcome

On 15 April its the Hamilton Ulysses Annual Poker Run 10 am Cambridge.

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by STJim View Post
    On Easter Sunday 8 April Ulysses has an afternoon cruze leaving Hillcrest Caltex at 1.30 pm. Heading for coffee somewhere North East. All are welcome

On 15 April its the Hamilton Ulysses Annual Poker Run 10 am Cambridge.
    Mmmm!! Ride or finish eating my easter egg?? Decisions decisions.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Thread Information