Page 311 of 534 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    So who is riding this weekend? I have daughters birthday party on Sunday, but might be keen for a wee skoot on Saturday morningish for couple of hours.
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Busy Sat morning but hoping to go on Ham MCC mystery road trial on Sunday, 9:30 from club rooms in Seddon rd.
    You get given a set of instructions to navigate to a remote lunch destination.
    Good fun and prospective members would be welcome.
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    You get given a set of instructions to navigate to a remote lunch destination.
    Counts me out. Couldn't find my way out of a paper bag

Bike
    2007, Kawasaki, ZX-6R
    When is the next HMCC meeting next? Please tell me it wan't last night
    Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment.

Bike
    1973 Laverda SF1

Sunday ride

Looking at the Metzeler Tyres Elephant Run leaving from Pokeno on Sunday.

Register at Pokeno by the GAS station by 9:30 and off with instructions and last time wee elephants on the intersections where you turn, ended up at the Kaiawa pub for prize giving, no cost to participate.

A good social ride.

Forecast is for fine weather but will be cold first thing, read bloody cold.

KB

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTehMuss View Post
    When is the next HMCC meeting next? Please tell me it wan't last night
    Last Night , the first Thursday of the month.
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Anyone get to ride in the weekend? Has everyone started to hibernate for the winter? (I never stopped!)

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    Anyone get to ride in the weekend? Has everyone started to hibernate for the winter? (I never stopped!)
    Rode to Auckland Airport and back last night. (There at 9pm, back at 3am) No traffic, no rain, tho wet roads

Reg going on hold on the 21st for 3 mnths so trying to get as much riding in as poss.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Did Tron-Raglan-Tron yesterday morning. Mainly to test out the 016 Pro's on a damp and manky road. (See post under Tyres section http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...85-BT-016-Pros).
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    1987 Suzuki GSXR250 / 1989 Honda VFR400
    Went to a ProRider course in Taupo, rode up on Saturday which was alright, ended up raining during the course which was kinda crap, but still fun, and then I rode home from Taupo.. 2 hours of getting absolutely pissed on.. and not being able to see a thing at some points
    But then I had an hour long scorching hot shower, which made the trip totally worth it :P

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Rode to Auckland Airport and back last night. (There at 9pm, back at 3am) No traffic, no rain, tho wet roads

Reg going on hold on the 21st for 3 mnths so trying to get as much riding in as poss.
    At least you would have had 'manageable' traffic at that hour. All I've managed to do riding wise was head into the post office 3 times last week (about 10 min ride). Of course I went the longish way. I was telling the wife the other day, it's stupid how I forget how much I enjoy riding (how's that for a complicated sentence?). It's also crazy how much my riding has changed with the lessons I've done.

I was having a giggle with her that when I do 'hook turns' (Keith Code thing), I make the classic rrrrrrrr bike soundjust 'cause they're so fun! haha. Simple minds.

My bike's been on hold for a while. Even changing the insurance to only be sit-in-garage type. It's criminal not to ride it but if the rego was the same as before I wouldn't worry. Even considered doing a few track days instead.

Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Did Tron-Raglan-Tron yesterday morning. Mainly to test out the 016 Pro's on a damp and manky road. (See post under Tyres section http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...85-BT-016-Pros).
    Just read up on the thread. I didn't know you have gone through that many sets! Bloody hell!

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    At least you would have had 'manageable' traffic at that hour.
    I had a 3 hour session in the ANZ 737 full motion simulator, but the only time I could do it was between 11pm-2am as that was the only time it was free. Decided it would be a nice adventure to take the bike. Especially that the traffic at those times is pretty much dead. So the ride to and especially from the airport in the middle of the night was actually fun. Didn't get much sleep last night and now am paying for it at work

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Just read up on the thread. I didn't know you have gone through that many sets! Bloody hell!
    I've had that bike two years this month. It had 9000k on it at purchase. It's now just ticked over 45,000k.

I don't buy 'em to polish in the shed y'know...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    Went to a ProRider course in Taupo, rode up on Saturday which was alright, ended up raining during the course which was kinda crap, but still fun, and then I rode home from Taupo.. 2 hours of getting absolutely pissed on.. and not being able to see a thing at some points
    But then I had an hour long scorching hot shower, which made the trip totally worth it :P
    How'd ya find the course? I've heard they're pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    I've had that bike two years this month. It had 9000k on it at purchase. It's now just ticked over 45,000k.

I don't buy 'em to polish in the shed y'know...
    Yeah well, yours is only a Suzuki. Now, if you had something with a bit more pedigree...

Mine's coming up 2 years as well, although mine had something like 10 km's on the clock and I've only just ticked over 10,000km's. Friggin' kid. The old man's is even worse. Since buying it off Brooke years ago I think he's put 300 km on it!

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    I had a 3 hour session in the ANZ 737 full motion simulator, but the only time I could do it was between 11pm-2am as that was the only time it was free. Decided it would be a nice adventure to take the bike. Especially that the traffic at those times is pretty much dead. So the ride to and especially from the airport in the middle of the night was actually fun. Didn't get much sleep last night and now am paying for it at work
    Sleep's over rated.

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries

Sleep's over rated.
    Speaking as a parent, no its not!

Thread Information