Page 312 of 534 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    Yeah well, yours is only a Suzuki. Now, if you had something with a bit more pedigree...
    The lack of pedigree matches my own...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    1987 Suzuki GSXR250 / 1989 Honda VFR400
    How'd ya find the course? I've heard they're pretty good.
    It was fun and pretty informative, some of it seemed fairly obvious and old news though, it includes a lot of things that people generally know such as counter steering.
    I learned a few new things, it doesn't really help that I watched "Twist of the Wrist II" the night before though, kinda ruined some of the information for me.

We still did all the practical exercises even though it was raining, apparently also the first group she's had to ever do the braking exercises in the wet, which is mainly focused on just showing how inefficient the rear brake is.

The last thing of the day which was the cornering aspect of the program was the most fun, the track had started to dry up then and it was essentially free laps, great for someone who's never been on a track before.

Overall, I'd recommend it, I might go again another time just to drill in the skills and perhaps move onto the next course up or just go to a trackday.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    It was fun and pretty informative, some of it seemed fairly obvious and old news though, it includes a lot of things that people generally know such as counter steering.
    I learned a few new things, it doesn't really help that I watched "Twist of the Wrist II" the night before though, kinda ruined some of the information for me.

We still did all the practical exercises even though it was raining, apparently also the first group she's had to ever do the braking exercises in the wet, which is mainly focused on just showing how inefficient the rear brake is.

The last thing of the day which was the cornering aspect of the program was the most fun, the track had started to dry up then and it was essentially free laps, great for someone who's never been on a track before.

Overall, I'd recommend it, I might go again another time just to drill in the skills and perhaps move onto the next course up or just go to a trackday.
    Was that the $50 course?

Bike
    2005 Suzuki boulevard C50
    Anyone get to ride in the weekend? Has everyone started to hibernate for the winter? (I never stopped!)
    Got recalled in to work on Saturday (for 13 1/2 hours) so only riding I done was to and from work.

Sunday was busy family day so didnt get out then either
    Get Vengence on your kids !!! Live long enough to be grandparents

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Was that the $50 course?
    Not sure how much it was exactly but it was cheaper than usual due to ACC.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by wysper View Post
    Speaking as a parent, no its not!
    I'm just getting myself prepped again for later on this year.

Sounds like a good day. I've done a few training days in the wet (well they've started wet), and I always get a surprise at the riders that go balls out in the dry slow down a crap load in the wet. I find you learn heaps more in the wet about what you and your bike can do - to a point of course.

Quote Originally Posted by kevie View Post
    Got recalled in to work on Saturday (for 13 1/2 hours) so only riding I done was to and from work.

Sunday was busy family day so didnt get out then either
    BIG haul that. A few of our staff do those sort of hours, including the big boss. I could never do it unless I owned the business or I got paid a crap load more.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries

My Sunday Ride.

I'm going to leave the Te Awamutu Caltex stn at 10am. Will ride out to Wharepapa sth, Seafund rd, Bailey rd, thru Ngaroma. Onto Hurimu rd ( about 8k's gravel), Mangare rd and on to the Arapuni-Kihikihi rd. Probably about 1-1 1/2hrs. I may return via Mangatautari, depends on the weather. My mob is 027 6923454.

If anyone is interested, turn up. If the weather is crap, I'll post just after 9 am to say the ride is canned.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Phill and I had a brilliant ride yesterday. The countryside was lovely in the Autumn colours. The roads were spot on.

One hairy moment just before Ngaroma. The last fews k's had been re sealed, and in one shaded corner, the rear did a wee slide on the loose chips. Wearing sunnies through the dark corners on a gray unmarked road with loose chips isn't the best way to read the road.

I had my new Contours camera running for a lot of the trip. Recorded almost 4GB's of corners and hills.

We came back through Mangatautari. The piece from Finlay park camp to the turn off to the school had been re sealed a short time ago. It is being repaired again so expect loose gravel on the corners.

A good ride

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Yer it was certainly a good riding day once the sun came out.

Saw a lot of bikes out and about as I shot over to Putaruru and back via back roads to call on some mates.
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Yer it was certainly a good riding day once the sun came out.

Saw a lot of bikes out and about as I shot over to Putaruru and back via back roads to call on some mates.
    I saw a gazillion bikes out and about as I came back from d'Auckland in the wagon... Bastards!
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    No one saw an old 84 Katana around did they? My socially awkward father was going on about the amount of other bikes that he found himself grouped up with.

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    No one saw an old 84 Katana around did they? My socially awkward father was going on about the amount of other bikes that he found himself grouped up with.
    Nah mostly adventure bikes and cruisers for some reason, maybe all the sprots bikes where at HD.
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    2006 z1000 - Devil

Fush and chups

People still on this ol dusty thread eh

So i got a ride on sunday to stretch out the new z1000 and hopefully wear the tires out cause these ones are terrible...

Down the the 12 big rocks poking out of the sand - i think 2 of them fell over tho... Still its a nice coastline ride Maps up: http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/...n-the-long-way

8am at the espy for a coffee and banter probably back around 6pm because i'll want to take a few hundred photos along the way.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully
    The price of biking is eternal vigilance. Switch off for a second and the bastard will bite you.
    You can't save the fallen, direct the lost or motivate the lazy.

Bike
    1999 Kawasaki zx6r
    Quote Originally Posted by mister.koz View Post
    People still on this ol dusty thread eh

So i got a ride on sunday to stretch out the new z1000 and hopefully wear the tires out cause these ones are terrible...

Down the the 12 big rocks poking out of the sand - i think 2 of them fell over tho... Still its a nice coastline ride Maps up: http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/...n-the-long-way

8am at the espy for a coffee and banter probably back around 6pm because i'll want to take a few hundred photos along the way.

Cheers!

HAHAHA i clicked the link thinking i might be keen for the ride and then a map of Australia came up, dont think i have the time for this ride HA

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Here's a short clip taken on my ride last Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC27Q...ature=youtu.be

It was my 1st try with the new contours camera. I recorded in SD as my laptop hasn't the grunt to play HD.

Will probably look to go for a run this Sunday. Has anyone got a planned ride?

Thread Information