Page 330 of 534 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    DONNAS' MAKING RESTAURANT BOOKING SO PLEASE REGISTER IF COMING ALONG!!! CALENDAR 4TH AUGUST
    We're still deciding on this. Was planning for the whole family to come along (the folks as well) but Mummy is anti-social. So if it's not too late, hopefully I'll be able to confirm if we're coming or not tomorrow (Sunday). Would bringing a 2 year old be an asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by jmk View Post
    Boyds sale is next week starting 26 July, happy shopping
    Excellent. Was wondering when that was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by wharekura View Post
    Got 6F today but think ill keep the scooter as i like everything about it except the top speed. Again thanks to trina and murray for the initial coaching session around 9 months ago.

Discussion at clubrooms Wednesday night "Who is 5150??", "has he been down on a Wednesday night?", "has he been on a ride with us??" "did he go under another handle on KB at some stage"

Can you enlighten us all with answers to the above please??
    He's like the Stig but was cooler since he rode a trumpy. Now he doesn't know if he's cool or gay

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post

He's like the Stig but was cooler since he rode a trumpy. Now he doesn't know if he's cool or gay
    That decision was made for me when the trumpy decided to be patriotic and blow it self up. Typical Pom, quit at the crucial moment As for Honda.... It was a safe and sensible choice
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Discussion at clubrooms Wednesday night "Who is 5150??", "has he been down on a Wednesday night?", "has he been on a ride with us??" "did he go under another handle on KB at some stage"

Can you enlighten us all with answers to the above please??
    Haven't been to the clubrooms as yet. Problem for me is that Wednesday night is my night with the kids so unfortunately the timing is all wrong. Been to one or two "Laxed out rides" tho I think they were just members going on their own while there wasn't anything official planned in the calendar. And yes, we have met once at the Cambridge Toy run about 2 years ago. you turned up on your cruiser and parked right next to my old GS1100 BMW. We had a wee chat. I think you might have had Donna on the back for the Toy Run
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    2005 Suzuki boulevard C50
    Haven't made it to a Wednesday club/pub meet yet either

Actually been a tad quiet lately, been busy then have been laid out for the last 11 days with pneumonia (cost me a short spell in Waikato Hospital) poor bike will be in withdrawal, hasn't been out of the shed for 12 days now.
    Get Vengence on your kids !!! Live long enough to be grandparents

Bike
    2005 Suzuki boulevard C50

Btw

oooohhhh and while Im here ..... The "Longriders Magazing" in USA published the Hamilton Normal School Ride article this months edition that I sent them along with a few pics so LOR is famous in USA now hahhahahaha.

Longriders us a good (becoming International) mag and is free to download monthly from their site http://www.longridersmagazine.com/
    Get Vengence on your kids !!! Live long enough to be grandparents

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)

Dinner

Just registered for the Eating Session. Who ever is doing the booking, can we +3 on top of my name please? May even be another one but I'll find that out today.

EDIT: Me +4 now. I'm so popular I have my own entourage! Also speak up if you have any objections to me breaking mini-me. No offense taken but you will have to buy me a drink! We can find a sitter but was thinking of introducing him to turkish
    Last edited by ckai; 23rd July 2012 at 16:59. Reason: New info

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    taking into account partners etc looks like we now have about 20 and Nigel says hes probably a goer so could be 22+. Booking will be made Wednesday night from the clubrooms so add your name now or you may be sitting in the toilet for your meal!!! Great effort guys (and gals) heres to a great night out. GO THE MIGHTY CHIEFS FRIDAY NIGHT

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    None :(
    GO THE MIGHTY CHIEFS FRIDAY NIGHT
    go the Chiefs! Pity clubroom nite wasn't this Friday.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Donna has advised that booking has been made for 22 people. For that number they have advised that it will be a set menu - so I imagine reduced choices of an entree a main and a dessert. also been informed it is not byo so drinks at cook could be a 7.30 swill. Also the owner of the cook has also advised that he will put on an antipasto platter. Meeting there from 6.00 onwards

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Went to Boyds the other day to check out helmets before the big sale. Tried on an XR1100 as it would be on sale for $500. Fit was tight but felt good. Got to the sale just before 12 and was the first one in so went straight to the Shoei Helmets. Tried the XR1100 in the same size but this one felt different. More pressure points.

Had a look at the HJC helmets and tried on the R-PHA 10. Fit was perfect and incredibly light. With an extra tinted visor, pinlock insert and some rain repellent for the visor I couldn't say no. $400 so cheaper than the Shoei. Marie probably won't be too happy with me but who cares

Some seriously good deals down there. First year I have been able to go. Might head again tomorrow morning before work.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Donna has advised that booking has been made for 22 people. For that number they have advised that it will be a set menu - so I imagine reduced choices of an entree a main and a dessert. also been informed it is not byo so drinks at cook could be a 7.30 swill. Also the owner of the cook has also advised that he will put on an antipasto platter. Meeting there from 6.00 onwards
    I'll have steak, eggs and chips please oh, with hummus (gotta make it authentic).

How big is the place?

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Went to Boyds the other day to check out helmets before the big sale. Tried on an XR1100 as it would be on sale for $500. Fit was tight but felt good. Got to the sale just before 12 and was the first one in so went straight to the Shoei Helmets. Tried the XR1100 in the same size but this one felt different. More pressure points.

Had a look at the HJC helmets and tried on the R-PHA 10. Fit was perfect and incredibly light. With an extra tinted visor, pinlock insert and some rain repellent for the visor I couldn't say no. $400 so cheaper than the Shoei. Marie probably won't be too happy with me but who cares

Some seriously good deals down there. First year I have been able to go. Might head again tomorrow morning before work.
    We're probably looking at going this arvo. I have an 1100 and Brooke has been wanting one so was gonna look into them. She only wants a particular colour so if they don't have any we're not fussed. She has a perfect Shoei as the mo' used stuff all and was only upgrading because of the price.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    We're probably looking at going this arvo. I have an 1100 and Brooke has been wanting one so was gonna look into them. She only wants a particular colour so if they don't have any we're not fussed. She has a perfect Shoei as the mo' used stuff all and was only upgrading because of the price.
    From memory they have 3 smalls an an XL or two. The smalls came in a plain grey and a grey and silver design. The rep said they may have different colours at the warehouse so best to ask.

Bike
    None :(
    the boyds sale was packed, and i got there at 12:20pm today - a queue to pay. i have an alternative source to purchase, but i got stuff from the sale as it was that cheap. the only caveat is i think its "as is" sales, so no returns. from what i saw today, i doubt there will be much selection by sat.

i could of easily got leather pants (150$) and leather jacket ($100) but RESISTED, and from the comments I heard as I walked out, many others too had to resist.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by wharekura View Post
    the boyds sale was packed, and i got there at 12:20pm today - a queue to pay. i have an alternative source to purchase, but i got stuff from the sale as it was that cheap. the only caveat is i think its "as is" sales, so no returns. from what i saw today, i doubt there will be much selection by sat.

i could of easily got leather pants (150$) and leather jacket ($100) but RESISTED, and from the comments I heard as I walked out, many others too had to resist.
    My receipt says I was out of there at 12:08. They opened 10 minutes early as everyone was ready to go. Like you I had to resist buying anything else!

Thread Information