Page 351 of 534 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by rideon View Post
    Thats all good , but while one old lady was "learning" her way around the Waikato , 8 other bikers waited for well over an hour, in the sun, on the side of the road, wondering WTF had happened !! 1 even rode all the way back to the Pauanui turn-off, looking for an off, given that there were 2 learner ladies not present , or an outta gas scenario. Very happy that was not the situation , but still .............!!
    Heard of a map ??
    Apologies for not having someone at the offending intersection , but one mistakingly thought that a sign post with Kopu to the left, & Whitianga/Tairua to the right might have been a clue ???
    That sort of thing happened on our group ride to Kawhia...all was going good until an intersection we went passed (sh22) had me wondering?
    So I turned my group around thinking I had got it wrong (we were heading for Narrower here at the time) and we doubled back taking in a very scenic route on the way to port waikato...stopped just past Nikau Cafe.
    THATS when we got the map out....
    No cell phone coverage out there.

All in all, it was glorious day and the road was mint, never been there before and the detour was worth it.
    I was pissed at myself for getting it wrong more than anything...new roads and shit!

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    That sort of thing happened on our group ride to Kawhia...all was going good until an intersection we went passed (sh22) had me wondering?
    So I turned my group around thinking I had got it wrong (we were heading for Narrower here at the time) and we doubled back taking in a very scenic route on the way to port waikato...stopped just past Nikau Cafe.
    THATS when we got the map out....
    No cell phone coverage out there.

All in all, it was glorious day and the road was mint, never been there before and the detour was worth it.
    I was pissed at myself for getting it wrong more than anything...new roads and shit!
    You need a Zumo, Maha...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    You need a Zumo, Maha...
    Rumour has it that some of us might be heading for Te Kuiti this weekend for a day ride....is Zumo served there I wonder?

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Thats all good , but while one old lady was "learning" her way around the Waikato , 8 other bikers waited for well over an hour, in the sun, on the side of the road, wondering WTF had happened !! 1 even rode all the way back to the Pauanui turn-off, looking for an off, given that there were 2 learner ladies not present , or an outta gas scenario. Very happy that was not the situation , but still .............!!
    Heard of a map ??
    Apologies for not having someone at the offending intersection , but one mistakingly thought that a sign post with Kopu to the left, & Whitianga/Tairua to the right might have been a clue ???
    Seems Ghost rider TEC strikes AGAIn !!!! could make the LOR EC trip interesting for him
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    It wasn't in the plan , but it appears our 2 learner ladies and the designated TEC were led astray. He knows who he is & this is not the first time he has wandered.

hahahahahahahah That's funny shit! I blame you lot for assuming though When I came on that ride a few months back to the cafe out Thames way I nearly screwed up the left after the new Kopu bridge.

Bike
    Katana GS650 1983
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    Seems Ghost rider TEC strikes AGAIn !!!! could make the LOR EC trip interesting for him
    It appears him has pulled out of the trip

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...013-1-26&c=all

Bit of jesting taken the wrong way maybe???
    YOU ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!! ENJOY LIFE WHILE YOU HAVE IT!!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    You guys must be mean as...hes no longer coming on our north trip in a couple of weeks, plus deleted his post/s from the thread...
    Anyone want to join the fast (opps, I mean non learner) group?

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Bugger I missed the ride, sounds like an epic, going up the coast instead of back to Kopu
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    You guys must be mean as...hes no longer coming on our north trip in a couple of weeks, plus deleted his post/s from the thread...
    Wasn't even on the ride so cannot comment except things may have been taken the wrong way (no pun intended )

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Ducati 1199 R
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Wasn't even on the ride so cannot comment except things may have been taken the wrong way (no pun intended )
    wrong way indeed!

Bike
    Yamaha R1
    Blog Entries
    Well i went back up the coast....but only cos i had to.
    Cant see what all the fuss is about, cant we all just play nice.

Bike
    2007 GSR 600
    Holy moly.... we scared him off .... oh well easy come easy go
    This Girl rides her own....

Bike
    2007 GSR 600
    Quote Originally Posted by bones135 View Post
    Well i went back up the coast....but only cos i had to.
    Cant see what all the fuss is about, cant we all just play nice.
    er.... think rideon tried that as he pm him and said lets put it behind us and have a beer.... 'NO THANKS' was his reply!

Bike
    Yamaha R1
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Misred View Post
    er.... think rideon tried that as he pm him and said lets put it behind us and have a beer.... 'NO THANKS' was his reply!
    Oohhhhhhh ok then well some just dont like playing fair huh, never matter....all good fun

Bike
    2007 GSR 600
    Quote Originally Posted by bones135 View Post
    Oohhhhhhh ok then well some just dont like playing fair huh, never matter....all good fun
    yip .... all fun... time to drop the subject and get on with riding

Thread Information