Page 360 of 534 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Whats dial up?? I've tried tightening the strings between the cans but that hasnt helped???
    Is it the cotton string or the upgraded nylon? The nylon is at least 5/8ths faster.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    when you see the kms of cheese cutters on the waikato expressway, give some thought to me building them

Bike
    newer, redder, faster & ...louder
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Whats dial up?? I've tried tightening the strings between the cans but that hasnt helped???
    you know the older you get, the bigger the cans you need -try that
    If you don't know where you are going , any road will get you there ............

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    RIDE FOR SUNDAY. Its in the Calendar

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ca...day=2012-11-25

Saturday 24 Fine spells and a few showers. Light winds.
    Sunday 25 Fine with light winds.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    07XL650V, 89GPX250F
    I forget if it ever had its own thread, if so I can't find it.. does anyone have a link or info on the ACC sponsored ride day in December in Hamilton, I remember its over 2 days (weekend, perhaps the 15th - 16th?). A mate just bought a bike and I was planning on going with him.

Bike
    2006 kawasaki 2000
    These days the wife & I ride a trike (2000 Vulcan), always looking for a laid back cruize...Give me a yell.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    I don't start work until 3.00pm tomorrow (Monday). Anyone interested in a ride in the am sometime?
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemike104 View Post
    I forget if it ever had its own thread, if so I can't find it.. does anyone have a link or info on the ACC sponsored ride day in December in Hamilton, I remember its over 2 days (weekend, perhaps the 15th - 16th?). A mate just bought a bike and I was planning on going with him.
    Yes you have the dates right. I am certain that it is actually run by Hamilton City Council. Cost approx $20. I suggest that you phone the Council for more details. Therre are two seperate trainings. You have a choice of either the Saturday or the Sunday.

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    1994 MotoGuzzi California 111 LAPD

LOR Sunday ride

Hi, Guys,

Took longer in Raglan than expected - then got lost in Hamilton trying to find the school, so went home!!

All safe and sound.

May see you Wednesday

Bike
    2007 Suzuki LS650 Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by STJim View Post
    Yes you have the dates right. I am certain that it is actually run by Hamilton City Council. Cost approx $20. I suggest that you phone the Council for more details. Therre are two seperate trainings. You have a choice of either the Saturday or the Sunday.
    There was something in the local mag about some sort of training based up at the uni? Have thrown it out in a fit of tidyness
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane12 View Post
    There was something in the local mag about some sort of training based up at the uni? Have thrown it out in a fit of tidyness
    Hamilton motorcycles have the info on that one. 15Th and 16th December
    Who am I? Why am I here?
    Forget the questions
    Somebody give me another beer!
    -Meatloaf-

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Good ride yesterday and for a well worthy cause too
    Nice to meet more smiley faces, and some MAD Harley riders too lol
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemike104 View Post
    Right, all the details for this:

As ME said down below it's the 15th or 16th of December at the Uni

15 Dec is for fresh riders so those on learners, restricted or just joined the big leagues and recently got their full. Under 3 years experience and bikes up to 600cc

16 Dec is for Full licence riders more than 3 years experience and who like to hoon around on the death machines known as over 600cc.

Cost = $30
    To register call Roadsafe Motorcycle Training 04 232 0110

Source: Out of the local paper that we've keep so mummy dearest can do one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MystikEagle View Post
    Hamilton motorcycles have the info on that one. 15Th and 16th December
    How'd you enjoy yesterday? Was it you that busted your bike? If it was you were riding well. Brooke enjoyed it. She said she wish she did it when she started riding like you so she didn't form all her bad habits. Reckons it should be compulsory for everyone starting (I agree). Even those that have been riding a while like the group she was in.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki SV650
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    How'd you enjoy yesterday? Was it you that busted your bike? If it was you were riding well. Brooke enjoyed it. She said she wish she did it when she started riding like you so she didn't form all her bad habits. Reckons it should be compulsory for everyone starting (I agree). Even those that have been riding a while like the group she was in.
    Yesterday was awesome! I learnt so much! Didn't bust the bike, it just decided it had had enough and started running like shit again... It will be going in for a decent service next week. As well as getting a fork seal done. Damn bike is getting rather expensive now

It is well worth it. I think you would be far better off doing something like that then the basic handling skills. I just wish it was longer, maybe 2 days. That way we could learn more and work on things that were more difficult.
    Who am I? Why am I here?
    Forget the questions
    Somebody give me another beer!
    -Meatloaf-

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikEagle View Post
    Yesterday was awesome! I learnt so much! Didn't bust the bike, it just decided it had had enough and started running like shit again... It will be going in for a decent service next week. As well as getting a fork seal done. Damn bike is getting rather expensive now

It is well worth it. I think you would be far better off doing something like that then the basic handling skills. I just wish it was longer, maybe 2 days. That way we could learn more and work on things that were more difficult.
    That's right, Brooke said your bike was spluttering or something along those lines. Agree that you should have to do something like that instead of BHS. The BHS is "tough" in some aspects (slow-speed stuff) but, lets face it, it's a bit of a joke for real world riding. Funny thing is, if you did the slow speed stuff yesterday, you pretty much have included the test in their. Plus, you get the added benefit of cornering and all the other stuff.

Good you liked it. A heap of people, including Brooke, are apprehensive about jumping on a track to learn. From what Brooke told me there was a bit covered if you were new. There's other advanced courses that make your brain explode with the amount of content they cover in a day. It takes about a week after for you to process all the info from that one day! I think that's the good thing about cramming so much into those training days though. Sure you miss out of working on certain things and forget but if you start practicing straight away, it all comes back to you and it means it'll stay with you. That's my theory anyway Besides, it makes you wanna go back for more training (and pay them more money) haha

Thread Information