Page 293 of 534 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by wharekura View Post
    the thing is, many of them are speed demons and if it wasnt for tail end charlie i would be put off being a learner on a SLOW 250.
    Us? Speed DEMONS????? I think I am in the wrong forum
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Us? Speed DEMONS????? I think I am in the wrong forum
    I would like to do a trip to raglan some weekend awa? im getting more confidence on the open road since im taking every opportunity when murray organises rides. the thing is, many of them are speed demons and if it wasnt for tail end charlie i would be put off being a learner on a SLOW 250.
    You're just lucky the Daytona club hasn't gate crashed. Then you'll see some speed Us triumpy riders are nutters on the road! In fact, we do join you on most of the riders...we're just that fast

In all seriousness, has the group gotten faster since I haven't been riding? I used to like hanging back every so often to watch lines taken (mainly because I couldn't keep up with the leaders ). Made for interesting viewing at times.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    I used to like hanging back every so often to watch lines taken (mainly because I couldn't keep up with the leaders ). Made for interesting viewing at times.
    You would have been astounded at some of the lines, passing and speed on the last Boyd's ride.
    I thought I was quick, until certain few passed me on inside as well as on the outside of a corner, and that was while I was mid corner with my knee on the deck
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    You would have been astounded at some of the lines, passing and speed on the last Boyd's ride.
    I thought I was quick, until certain few passed me on inside as well as on the outside of a corner, and that was while I was mid corner with my knee on the deck
    haha I bet. I got that a bit on Monday at my Training day. But then I know I'm not quick I did enjoy passing the one guy in my group though. It's scary when you're not allowed braking

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I would like to do a trip to raglan some weekend awa? im getting more confidence on the open road since im taking every opportunity when murray organises rides. the thing is, many of them are speed demons and if it wasnt for tail end charlie i would be put off being a learner on a SLOW 250.
    I'm off work this weekend. Happy to sit back and run at 80-90k's if thats your comfort zone. It's not hard to let the faster traffic past. Steady riding on the open road is a lot more enjoyable than town riding. Just PM me if you want a run somewhere.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    I'm off work this weekend. Happy to sit back and run at 80-90k's if thats your comfort zone. It's not hard to let the faster traffic past. Steady riding on the open road is a lot more enjoyable than town riding. Just PM me if you want a run somewhere.
    He's not that slow and can ride comfortably at 100-110. Speaking with Milan and Nigel last night they commented that TEC was not to far behind the main group at all times on Sunday.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    In all seriousness, has the group gotten faster since I haven't been riding? I used to like hanging back every so often to watch lines taken (mainly because I couldn't keep up with the leaders ). Made for interesting viewing at times.
    Nope pretty much the same - 18 bikes on Sunday for a great day out

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Anyway: I have a friend whose Grandmother has a bucket list and on the list is a ride in a motrorcycle sidecar.

Anyone know of anyone who would take a 78 year old lady for a spin in their sidecar????

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    If you were certain you would come, I/we could wait till then. That way I get my tea before the ride.
    Nah - got a practice at 7.45pm as well...no leisure for wicked people like me...maybe next time though.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    None :(
    I'm off work this weekend.... Steady riding on the open road is a lot more enjoyable than town riding.
    im super keen for this saturday if its fine, the wife will be following in the car as we are planning on doing some surfing with the kids. And I agree with riding in the open road. did the kaiaua trip with murray and the gang two weekends ago and it was great - got me hooked.

if anyone else keen for a 100kph cruze, leaving hazelwood ave, dinsdale (my boy would love to see the bikes - the wife may not though) to raglan, please let me know.

Bike
    newer, redder, faster & ...louder
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    He's not that slow and can ride comfortably at 100-110. Speaking with Milan and Nigel last night they commented that TEC was not to far behind the main group at all times on Sunday.

Apart from the little 'blow out' through the forest, which could have lightened the wallet somewhat ......... the so called 'speed demons' kept it at just a tad over 110 most of the day. The experiance the front guys have, means that, at that pace there's not too many corners that slow us down. That's where we tend to pull away from the middle group & the TEC's. At no stage during the day did the front guys wait for more that 3-4 mins for the TEC (except when we lost MzTulip ). A very enjoyable ride considering the 18 bikes & range of experiance. LOR continue to encourage all levels of ability on our rides and always will.
    If you don't know where you are going , any road will get you there ............

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    im super keen for this saturday if its fine, the wife will be following in the car as we are planning on doing some surfing with the kids. And I agree with riding in the open road. did the kaiaua trip with murray and the gang two weekends ago and it was great - got me hooked.

if anyone else keen for a 100kph cruze, leaving hazelwood ave, dinsdale (my boy would love to see the bikes - the wife may not though) to raglan, please let me know.

Had a neat ride out to Raglan this evening. a bite to eat and the ride back was brilliant, the late sun behind me, the cop car in front,

Wharekura, What time would you want to go out on Saturday? As it's our 37th anniversary this week, I may have 'be nice' to someone on Saturday. will be in touch.

I will be at Boyds in the morning for a new front tyre. might have a wander around the bikeshops while waiting.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Wharekura, What time would you want to go out on Saturday?
    I will text in the morning as according to metservice there will be showers.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by rideon View Post
    Apart from the little 'blow out' through the forest, which could have lightened the wallet somewhat .........
    I saw one officer while I was behind car&boat. I assume s/he looked in the rear vision while watching us zoom past, and took note of regos? Cause if thats the case I'd better start putting aside some $

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Hello Kerry are you out there

Kerry

Any update on cancer baton run 3rd March

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ch-2012/page13

Thread Information