Page 309 of 534 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Jeez guys you'll get me a bad rap, can be just a gentle cruise tomorrow with plenty of regrouping which is fine by me to stretch the ole limbs.

How about 9:30am at the Caltex hillcrest and head over to TeAroha via Scotchmans.

Everyone welcome.
    So its 104km/h then give or take +/- 60km/h
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Jeez guys you'll get me a bad rap, can be just a gentle cruise tomorrow with plenty of regrouping which is fine by me to stretch the ole limbs.

How about 9:30am at the Caltex hillcrest and head over to TeAroha via Scotchmans.

Everyone welcome.
    Nah we's only kidding...

I'll see yiz there then.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I'll be there. As said earlier, I will finish off coming back through Gate Pa. I hope to meet up with 'Old Steve' from Tga. Be good to put a face to a KB name. He may come out to meet us. Told him, we will probably be having lunch at Whangamata.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Will be there. Need to be back before 1 so not sure how much of the ride I can do.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    If I don't stop for lunch I should be ok for the whole ride.

Bike
    '09 GSX-R750, '13 Hayabusa
    I'll probably go along as well, want to take the 750 for a good ride.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    If I don't stop for lunch I should be ok for the whole ride.
    Check with me if'n ya don't stop for lunch - I have a deadline too although not too early.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Well - dunno what happened there - couldn't find anyone at Te Aroha. Nor at Paeroa. Nor at Whangamata.

Arthur peeled off at Paeroa to go to Tauranga. I completed the ride myself - got back to The Tron about 1.00pm. Got some nice vid too. Although a smeared bug on the lens cover didn't help.

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Yeah we must have lost you near Te Aroha, we came in on the TA-Gordon rd & stopped to regroup then had to take a detour around the closed off main st & waited 10 mins or so.
    I think you must have been in front of us. Sorry about that.
    The kopu-hikuai was premo eh, very little traffic, stopped in Whanga at the bakery & then back via Waihi.
    Got home around 2pm.
    \m/ , Silent & me.
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    '09 GSX-R750, '13 Hayabusa
    Was a great ride today, look forward to doing it again when I get the time.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Yeah we must have lost you near Te Aroha, we came in on the TA-Gordon rd & stopped to regroup then had to take a detour around the closed off main st & waited 10 mins or so.
    I think you must have been in front of us. Sorry about that.
    The kopu-hikuai was premo eh, very little traffic, stopped in Whanga at the bakery & then back via Waihi.
    Got home around 2pm.
    \m/ , Silent & me.
    No worries.

Y'know I almost went round the blocked off bit but decided against it. Then Awa came by so I followed him out of Te A. I must've gotten in front of you guys coz I was back at 1.00pm. Shoulda followed my first thoughts I guess.

Sure like riding that loop, although I did get stuck behind an SUV in that nice uphill just after turning south to Whangamata. By the time I got by the corners were mostly all gone.

Oh and I hit a bird just before we got to Parker Road. I don't think it was very big but it felt big enough. Luckily I was slowing for the intersection. Hit me on the collar bone. 30 seconds earlier might have been...erm..."interesting"...shall we say?

Tyres were great - chicken strips shrank a bit.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    That was my fault we left you two behind. I forgot to wait at one of the intersections and when I waited at the next one you must have taken a different route. We waited 5 minutes on the south side of Te Aroha then another ten on the north side. Sorry about that.

Someone text me at around 11:45 but I didn't check my phone until we got to Waihi which was at 1:00. We arrived in whangamata at dead on 12.

Was a fantastic ride. Awesome roads and next to no traffic. Can't wait to do it again. Did spend quite a bit of money today though.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Someone text me at around 11:45 but I didn't check my phone until we got to Waihi which was at 1:00. We arrived in whangamata at dead on 12.

Was a fantastic ride. Awesome roads and next to no traffic. Can't wait to do it again. Did spend quite a bit of money today though.
    That was me. I was at Whangamata at the time - getting gas. And yeah, it does "spend quite a bit of money" dunnit?

Let me know next time you want to go.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    4 minutes of boring ride video. Whangamata to Waihi - or part thereof.

Bike
    1999 Kawasaki zx6r
    [QUOTE=slofox;1130310800]4 minutes of boring ride video. Whangamata to Waihi - or part thereof.

Thats good quality video you got there, what kind of camera you useing? i just bought the gopro hd2 and its a good little camera for the bike.

Thread Information