Page 504 of 534 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Do the low bars mean a forward stretch? I dislike the looks of the high pull backs on the little Yammy, but have to admit, they make for a comfortable ride.

A few more cc's would be useful, however what I have is what I ride. The 250 is an easier bike to ride through corners compared to the XVS650 I had. Miss the shaft drive tho'.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    Do the low bars mean a forward stretch? I dislike the looks of the high pull backs on the little Yammy, but have to admit, they make for a comfortable ride.

A few more cc's would be useful, however what I have is what I ride. The 250 is an easier bike to ride through corners compared to the XVS650 I had. Miss the shaft drive tho'.
    The bars have a quite natural feel, found a pic from a cancer fundraising ride that shows the riding position

Bike
    he's back !!!
    Damn Auckland traffic
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Might get out tomorrow and ride some of the minor roads around the Te Akau district, come back via back roads between sh22 and Huntly. A bit of gravel involved. Should be a fine day.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Even I got out today. And yesterday. 'bout time, been off it since May really - apart from a couple of little pootles...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Even I got out today. And yesterday. 'bout time, been off it since May really - apart from a couple of little pootles...
    There is a section somewhere in this forum for newbies to introduce themselves fella.

Had a fantastic ride around the Te Pahu district. Sorting out some photos now, so will post a ride report later tonight.

Photos and short report under the Waikato rides thread.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Thought you must have been hibernating! Even I've been riding lately!!!! Although it's only TA to Cambridge for the past 4 weeks as I transitioned the new owners of mum's business. Has been interesting - rode all 3 of the bikes in the family because they've all been sitting there not running for months and months.

Mine had a shat battery. Not bad going since it's been sitting for so bloody long and it's the original (5 years). New battery, but then the engine warning light wouldn't go off. I think that's now fixed by looking at the exhaust valve. Well, it was off yesterday so we'll see the next time I ride if it's still good.

Then, the old mans bike wouldn't start. Turned out rats had eaten the wiring! $200 later, which was bloody lucky really, and that ones sorted. The only one that didn't have problems was mum's KTM.

I worked out riding in sub-0 mornings, with only leather gloves, is a bit bloody rough. The digits hurt a bit defrosting. She's been FUCKEN fresh the last month riding. Character building though

Bike
    he's back !!!
    headed off to Taupo last Monday via Waipapa rd BAD IDEA !!! the 1st large down hill section before the dam had me fish tailing all over the place, was white from one side of the road to the other, black ice is mean stuff
    I Used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia01 View Post
    headed off to Taupo last Monday via Waipapa rd BAD IDEA !!! the 1st large down hill section before the dam had me fish tailing all over the place, was white from one side of the road to the other, black ice is mean stuff
    Ever stopped on the bridge before the dam? if not, do so next time, it is such a long way down. I tried to take a photo once but I could keep the phone still. It's the highest bridge I have been on.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Ever stopped on the bridge before the dam? if not, do so next time, it is such a long way down. I tried to take a photo once but I could keep the phone still. It's the highest bridge I have been on.
    In one of my ride reports I mentioned using the zoom feature to get a shot of the bottom. I have a photo somewhere of a crane reaching out with one of the arches during construction.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    In one of my ride reports I mentioned using the zoom feature to get a shot of the bottom. I have a photo somewhere of a crane reaching out with one of the arches during construction.
    It was being painted a few months ago, they were (I guess) hanging underneath water blasting. Na ah for me, wow that's a long way down, a road cone looked the size of a single Lego block, even Anne had to hang onto the car when attempting to look over.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Keep 16th August free

Hope to get a group from Hamilton to head up on the Sunday 16th August

http://nzmotorcycleshow.co.nz/

Will Kerry's Laverda be the best bike in the show??

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    1973 Laverda SF1

Bike show no show

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Hope to get a group from Hamilton to head up on the Sunday 16th August

http://nzmotorcycleshow.co.nz/

Will Kerry's Laverda be the best bike in the show??
    sorry i'm not going to be there, a bit warmer over the ditch that weekend

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking about doing a night ride to Kawhia tonight. It will be a full moon, scattered clouds, no rain, no frost. If I go, will leave about 8pm.

Hoping to get some photos from the lookout, and maybe of the harbour under the full moon. Will be cool but dry.

Bike
    Aprilia RSV Mille & Aprilia Tuono 660
    I'm thinking about doing a night ride to Kawhia tonight. It will be a full moon, scattered clouds, no rain, no frost. If I go, will leave about 8pm.
    Hoping to get some photos from the lookout, and maybe of the harbour under the full moon. Will be cool but dry.
    Cool ? Actually bloody cold, if we believe the weather guys.
    Good luck, and if your hands stop shaking, post up some photo's.
    Take a thermos of hot coffee !
    RSV Mille: No madam, its an Aprilia, not a Harley. If it were a Harley, I would be pushing it !

Thread Information