Page 528 of 534 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528529530 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    I have my bike listed for sale so am making the most of the weather this weekend ... a King Country frost will likely mean ice on the shaded corners most, if not all of the day. Will also mean some lovely views around N Park.
    As your mum would have said... "Wrap up warmly ... and take a clean hankie"

Look forward to seeing the photos. Enjoy

Bike
    Aprilia RSV Mille & Aprilia Tuono 660
    I have my bike listed for sale so am making the most of the weather this weekend.

Leaving Te A tomorrow (that's Sunday for those without a calender) about 10am. Plan A is ride through Ohura, turn left at River road back to Taumarunui, back road to Ongarue, Waimiha TeKuiti.

Plan B is 'somewhere else'. Maybe straight to Taumarunui, National park, Turangi, western bay rd.

A King Country frost will likely mean ice on the shaded corners most, if not all of the day. Will also mean some lovely views around N Park.
    Post some pics !
    New bike ?
    RSV Mille: No madam, its an Aprilia, not a Harley. If it were a Harley, I would be pushing it !

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Plan C now. Head up past Lake Waikare and cruise around the Hunua's.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    As your mum would have said... "Wrap up warmly ... and take a clean hankie"

Look forward to seeing the photos. Enjoy
    And she still says 'have you washed behind your ears?, have you got clean underwear on?, didn't I tell you to put that into the wash yesterday? Was that you I saw running across the road?
    Did you take that last biscuit?, I was saving that for your father! Wait till your Father gets home you little rascal!

my how times haven't changed

looking forward to your ride report

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Tahuna rd?, bugger I isnt free

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    A Waikato group has an open ride Sunday starting at Huntly Z if anyone is keen, A couple of Fat Bikers are going to tag along, Looks like some nice roads planned and its usually not a bg group, not going to be a race either going by previous rides I have done

from there facebook page

"Bit of a lunch run up to Kaiaua, starting at Z Huntly meeting @10, leaving 10:30. Head to Kaiaua for a bit of lunch then loop back around after lunch for a few more back roads back towards Huntly again"

I will ride down from my workshop via 22 (Tuakau Panelbeaters) to Huntly leaving around 9:15 is anyone from the Northern end of things is keen to tag along from there

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    A Waikato group has an open ride Sunday starting at Huntly Z if anyone is keen, A couple of Fat Bikers are going to tag along, Looks like some nice roads planned and its usually not a bg group, not going to be a race either going by previous rides I have done

from there facebook page

"Bit of a lunch run up to Kaiaua, starting at Z Huntly meeting @10, leaving 10:30. Head to Kaiaua for a bit of lunch then loop back around after lunch for a few more back roads back towards Huntly again"

I will ride down from my workshop via 22 (Tuakau Panelbeaters) to Huntly leaving around 9:15 is anyone from the Northern end of things is keen to tag along from there
    nice ride, great views

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Good to see you guys, must have been plan C revised?

If you didn't know you can park your bikes around the back of the pub, no one seems to mind,
    I think the food at the pub is better, but that's my opinion.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Good to see you guys
    We were only a week late. We covered the back roads that many of, neither of us could remember riding before. Kaiaua rd was new to both of us and passes through some lovely countryside. Also, Coalfields and Falls roads were nice to ride. We stopped in Te Kauwhata and once the sun came out, the day warmed up a bit.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    For those at a loose end this coming Sunday the FBMC is riding, its an open ride, usual story not a race just a tundle around some Waikato roads, usually a pretty relaxed crew

from the latest update

"Tauranga trundle

Righty ho I better get some times together for this ride, Things have been nuts at work but I guess better late than never :P
    Northern meet point Caltex Bombay 9:30am and roll out at 10am and off to Matamata to the Southern meet point around 11:20am at the Car Park between the info centre (looks like the hobbits home) and Public toilets, if the carpark is full I figure the bikes can ride out under the trees as it seems hobbitville gets busy at times
    A quick chin wag and time to set sail for Tauranga at 11:40ish well least near Tauranga for a refuel and head towards the Karangahake Gorge stopping for a bite to eat and a refreshment stop then on our way again

Total K’s for the day (Bombay to Bombay) 330K’s

feel free to ask or add info, like a suggested Lunch spot as its still TBC (somewhere between Bethlehem and Wahi recommended for a lunch stop)"

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

Road block on Western boundary of Te Tron

Buzzed over to Rags and back this afternoon.

Returning around the corner into Dinsdale and there at the intersection with Newcastle Rd was a fleet of Politzenkoppen cars plus a herd of coppers all over the place. Thought to myself, "Hell, I may have been a little bit fast at times out there but I didn't think I warranted this kind of response!"

Howsumever, they just waved me through. They seemed to be more interested in those heading out of the city than in those entering it.

Wonder what the big deal was? Musta been baddies huh? Certainly no breathalyzers to be seen.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    Any rides happening this weekend? Maybe Sunday looks like the better day for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Turns out I was just being a n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by G4L4XY View Post
    Any rides happening this weekend? Maybe Sunday looks like the better day for it.
    There is a MeetUp ride on this Sunday doing the Coromandel loop.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    FBMC and tripping around the Waikato a little Sunday if anyone is keen, The Pie and Pint is on again

"Yessir its that time of the year again, Viands gets a visit again mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Pies

Now what pie to try this time, I might try something other than the Oxtail pie….but damn its good so not so sure.

Caltex Bombay meet point 9:45 and roll out at 10am, For those that are from the southern end Whatawhata would make a good meet point outside the old Tavern/GAS station and we should roll in at 11am so aim to be there at 10:45am

Then off to get some pies

The loop is around 300K’s so for those that need it we will stop for gas at Te Kawa (Should be open 150K) or going back past Whatawhata (180K)"

Open ride, Size of yah belly doesn't mater as long as you like pies :P

The weather looks good

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    The fat bikers are riding again this weekend, Going down to the charity ride for Hamilton North special schools ride, if anyone wants to join us we will leave (as in ride out so be there before) at 8am from Caltex Bombay

Thread Information