Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Your sovereign rights being flushed down the toilet by our politicians

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E

Your sovereign rights being flushed down the toilet by our politicians

I doubt many of you will know anything about the TPP agreement that is being secretly negotiated. It is done secretly because earlier attempts at the negotiations had to be abandoned because of overwhelming negative public opinion.

Our politicians are not informing us of the concessions they are making until it is a done deal, because they know that public opinion will not be forthcoming. Mainstream media is silent because their owners support the process. Keeping us in the dark and feeding us shit. That is how our democracy works.

In summary, it is a trade agreement that sets aside national/sovereign laws in favour of newly created trading laws that favour corporations. i.e many of the new laws that make up this agreement do away with corporate liability for silly little things like product related death. If you want liability you will need to be very wealthy in order to finance your way through a protracted and essentially fruitless process.

Don't believe me . Do some internet research for the facts.

Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    You are under the illusion that I give a shit.

I'm 50 this week - I gave up decades ago believing any Government gives a crap about what is important to me other than on one day every three years.

Yeah - I agree I have a crap attitude to this and if people with the same attitude actually gave a shit and started making noise maybe things would change. But - I'd rather go for a ride or spend some time with my kids before they hit the age where they are too busy for me (it is inching closer :-( ).

So there - pay my ever increasing taxes so I can do less with my life in a ever increasingly restrictive world.

I may pop out this afternoon and do a burn out - now referred to by Government as a loss of traction .........

Bike
    Prolight 250,XR4hundy
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    You are under the illusion that I give a shit.

But - I'd rather go for a ride or spend some time with my kids before they hit the age where they are too busy for me (it is inching closer :-( ).

Typical baby boomer attitude.....& it'll be your kids & their kids that'll have to pay for it as well as the cost of climate change.

Bike
    Yo momma
    10 characters
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	index.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	309011

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    You voted to allow politicians to run your country on your behalf ... Even if the one's voted in were not your choice.

Run for PM ... and do it your way.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    Typical baby boomer attitude.....& it'll be your kids & their kids that'll have to pay for it as well as the cost of climate change.
    If he has just turned 50 he is not a boomer, at best a Jones which makes sense as he will be fucked off because the boomers fucked up everything before he got there and then through the excessive numbers banned it before he could enjoy it.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    You voted to allow politicians to run your country on your behalf ... Even if the one's voted in were not your choice.

Run for PM ... and do it your way.
    that is politicians BS, suggests that your only say is your vote every election. Democracy allows us to have a say whenever we feel like it. Troiuble with Kiwis is we are too mild mannered and worry about the nay sayers (it wont work, it will annoy people, they wont listen), making us easily controlled.
    Part of TPP is to attack this right and by allowing the corporates to sue the country should we do something as rash as banning soft-drink dispensers in schools to help fight obesity.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    Sold
    To portray something is not right in this country is to be branded - because it's easier to brand than it is to think or speak up!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingcrocodile46 View Post
    In summary, it is a trade agreement that sets aside national/sovereign laws in favour of newly created trading laws that favour corporations. i.e many of the new laws that make up this agreement do away with corporate liability for silly little things like product related death. If you want liability you will need to be very wealthy in order to finance your way through a protracted and essentially fruitless process.
    This is a push from US into NZ, I thought we typically had less suing and liability issues than US does? Do you have any specifics on that?

My concerns about it stem from the IP changes, the patent system does need a good kick up the arse, but I'm fairly sure US would be kicking it the wrong way.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    that is politicians BS, suggests that your only say is your vote every election.
    It's NOT I know ... You can request a Public Referendum ...

Democracy allows us to have a say whenever we feel like it. Troiuble with Kiwis is we are too mild mannered and worry about the nay sayers (it wont work, it will annoy people, they wont listen), making us easily controlled.
    You CAN say what you like (freedom of speech and all that ...) BUT ... having the authority/influence/numbers to actually change anything is another thing entirely.

Ask John Key about his "Public Mandate" to make changes ...

Part of TPP is to attack this right and by allowing the corporates to sue the country should we do something as rash as banning soft-drink dispensers in schools to help fight obesity.
    Living in a "Free" country ... we should have the right to sue whomever we choose ... whenever we choose. If WE are prepared to pay the Lawyers ... whatever the outcome of said case ... and the judges final decision.

BUT ... Shouldn't SCHOOLS have the right to ban Soft drink dispensers in schools if they choose. I don't recall having such machines in schools being listed among one of any/many "Human Rights" ... perhaps you have a different list to mine ...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post

Read again bud - I turn 50 on Wednesday - no baby boomer here.

You should be more worried about the global ageing population that the youth of today are going to have to be taxed to F to pay for. Grey Power will rule the Political environment in a few decades.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Read again bud - I turn 50 on Wednesday - no baby boomer here.
    Still just a kid ...

You should be more worried about the global ageing population that the youth of today are going to have to be taxed to F to pay for. Grey Power will rule the Political environment in a few decades.
    I better join it then ...

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    So other than posting up that the TPP is not in Kiwis benefit what's the action plan?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    So other than posting up that the TPP is not in Kiwis benefit what's the action plan?
    Yep, that's what I was thinking too! Yokel ,Katman and FlyingCrocodile can form a party to address their concerns....or they can whine on endlessly on KB.
    Ironically inspite of my tone, I would probably vote for them. They would at least stop our boys being Operation human shield for the yanks. But I also know they will do nothing about it.
    Oh yeah, and aksle the gun totin', cop intimidating eight foot tall giant with flaming red hair can be their PM. Or finance minister. Or whip. Probably the whip. ping boy.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Zooks 85 GS1100G and 84 GSX1100E
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I don't know the answers. Hell, I don't even know all the questions.
    The point is that it is being done in secret. You damn well know why that is. It means that the public wouldn't agree to the deals being done. The little people will be screwed again (and quite possibly the whole country).
    This shit is real.
    If the public aren't invited to learn, discuss and debate the issues, then we need to educate ourselves as to what the implications are, form questions and discuss them with as many other people as possible (to fill the void left by our awol media and politicians). If a meaningful consensus is reached or if enough vocal people stand up to be heard, they will either get a hearing, or the negotiations will be cancelled/postponed again.

The only thing I am pushing is awareness
    Political correctness: a doctrine which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd from the clean end.

Thread Information