• Financial Caution

33 42.86%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New bike or financial sense

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

New bike or financial sense

This is driving me goddam crazy...

If you have read THIS thread, you will know that I was stupid enough to take a 600 gixxer out for a test ride. Now I have lost interest in the SV and want the gixxer. But I have to spend money to make the swap - at a time when I am under some financial duress...There is some (most actually) of the money there, but I should use it to reduce my bank loan. AND I have to find a couple G of my own on top of that...this is keeping me awake at night - part of me says "ahhh fukkit - get the friggin bike before you die or get too old to ride it" and the other bit (carping bloody bit) says "be sensible - you'll regret spending that money on yet another toy..."

So, dear KB'ers, what would your collective wisdom advise? Financial security or new bike?

Votes please...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Speed Triple
    Didn't read your post, Just buy the damn bike.

You only live once.

Please note, I am not a professional financial adviser, But then again, Those fuckers have sent more people broke then anyone else.

Bike
    Black Ninja
    Very tricky.....follow your head or your heart? Geez man, personally for me, I'd be inclined to think - fuck it - buy the bike, you have only one life and it needs to be enjoyed. but then again, you do already have a bike.

Sounds a little like you got a bit tired of the wife, went and a had a wee flirt and now your commitment is being tested (sorry)

What is financial security? Say you buy the bike and 6 months later you have a financial crisis, you can always downgrade .... go on have a play. enjoy yourself before you do get too old to enjoy it. This is why you work hard...to enjoy the rewards. You deserve it.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    It's the things you wanted to do, but didn't, that you will regret. Usually.
    At least the Gixxer will be in the 'cheaper' rego bracket...
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    Speed Triple
    If I didn't have to answer to the wife and provide a certain level of comfort for the kids, I'd sell our house, buy a shed, fill it with toys, and live in the shed along side all my wicked shit.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    On one hand, it's not like they are going to stop making GSXR600's so you could hold off and get into a better financial position...

However...

...life is for living. It sounds like you are in a position to make a purchase and still service your loan etc (otherwise you wouldn't have even asked the question). The desire is here now, the time is right, you are alive, still able to ride, so my vote is buy the bike. Tomorrow your life could change in so many possible ways that rule out ever riding again, or buying a bike being put off until a lot longer. So, carpe diem.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Bikes come and go.

Money?... not so comes.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    It's the things you wanted to do, but didn't, that you will regret. Usually....
    Ermmmm "usually" is the operative word here - some of the things I wanted to do and did got me into deeeep shit before today...(she wasn't even that nice either...)
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Speed Triple
    I think we should have a KB'er think tank in your liquor shop while you go and do some more test riding.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Something tells me your better off keeping the SV.
    If you had a GSXR, you may be paying for more than just a bike.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Something tells me your better off keeping the SV.
    If you had a GSXR, you may be paying for more than just a bike.
    [opening myself up here] How's that?

Bike
    Honda
    I agree with EJ.

its not like you dont have a bike atm, the SV is still epic and functioning. so you could hold the bike off until you're financial issues are over. then get a gixxer so you can properly enjoy it.

What good is a gixxer if you dont have the gas money for it?

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Jesus - I feel your pain. I am thinking of trading my SV on something I can't afford either.

I am leaning towards - fuck it, just do it. But that is because I am normally a - don't spend it if you don't have it kinda guy.
    And having two kids now I fear I will never just have the money again! So at some point I will have to stretch the finances if I want to get another bike.

You can always sell the bike again - sure you will lose a bit of money. Only you will know if that is enough to make things really bad for yourself.

Bike
    Bikes!
    You can't buy time. You can however buy a bike. You can also get more money. Of course you need to weigh that against just how big the bank loan is.

Do you have too many (unused) toys that could be sold to make inroads on the bank loan? I know I need to get rid of some of the impulse crap that I've brought, but I can never be bothered with the hassle of posting it etc..

Oh, and ride the 750 too. And take an early GSXR1000 for a hoon, you'll love the torque to bits.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Didn't read your post, Just buy the damn bike.

You only live once.
    Says the man with -$8 in his account.

Thread Information