Page 151 of 196 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2931

Thread: MotoGP 2014

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    So the black line on the way in is from the front sledging across the track?
    There were 2 or them, 1 from the front and 1 from the back. They cross over at one point so the front was starting to hook up again while the back was heading for the weeds.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Street Triple R
    there is actually nothing new in that. My favourite motorcycle photo is of Freddie Spencer doing exactly that... pushing the front to scrub speed then using the rear to unweight the front so it grips and steers again and away it goes. Flat track racing background and god-like ability. Of course if it went wrong he saved with his knee, not his elbow..... or shoulder.

I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...otorbike-photo
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Exercycle
    If he was practising front end slides and it got out of hand it wouldn't be unique...
    I remember seeing reports of Lawson - in Yamaha days - practising just that in full view of the pits at i think a french GP....How much of that was necessary practise and how much intimidation of course is open for debate...

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    You dont know what he was doing,we already know he pushes the front like no one else on the way in to the apex,i think he WAS seeing what would happen if he pushed it more,it was a slow corner
    Yep, Kinda exactly what I was getting at. Also if we remember back to the Yamaha release that explained how the on board computers work. They are constantly learning and making predictions about next lap on the fly. Analysis of data about lean angles, suspension and wheel speed etc when he does crash like this are going to be crucial to find out where the line is and how to behave when it's crossed. If Honda has that data and can forward engineer with it then perhaps increasing another 1deg of lean angle available to use under braking could be the edge required to win.

Just because crashing is a bad thing during a race it doesn't mean we can't learn from it in a test.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post

Just because crashing is a bad thing during a race it doesn't mean we can't learn from it in a test.
    provided your very expensive and World Championship leading crash test dummy doesn't hurt himself and thereby make the process moot.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    provided your very expensive and World Championship leading crash test dummy doesn't hurt himself and thereby make the process moot.
    Fair point, but he also wouldn't be leading if he wasn't someone who pushed the limits to see what he can do.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    My favourite motorcycle photo is of Freddie Spencer doing exactly that... pushing the front to scrub speed then using the rear to unweight the front so it grips and steers again and away it goes. Flat track racing background and god-like ability.
    I seem to recall reading an interview where Spencer said he practiced riding on wet clay with the front wheel locked. After that the track surface would be easy.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I seem to recall reading an interview where Spencer said he practiced riding on wet clay with the front wheel locked. After that the track surface would be easy.
    That is supposed to be a regular skill to practice on a dirt bike its on a few of the training vids eg Dirt Wise By Shane Watts
    Bearing in Mind MM and VR do quite a bit of flat tracking
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Mind MM and VR do quite a bit of flat tracking
    Don't think VR would be in MM's league when it comes to dirt track.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That is supposed to be a regular skill to practice on a dirt bike its on a few of the training vids eg Dirt Wise By Shane Watts
    Bearing in Mind MM and VR do quite a bit of flat tracking
    Yeah but flat track and moto X are still not quite as dramatic as wet clay which is about the slipperiest natural surface I can imagine.

Pete, I was a bit disappointed Rossi didn't ride in that Spanish event Marquez organised. Rossi has his own flat track and invites all sorts to ride there so he should be handy. I don't think he'd have finished last.

Just had my exercise for the day - 10m walk to the letter box. There was a big brown parcel, my Baylis book has arrived. It's a large format paperback and it's very ummmm RED. Lots of big photographs, all in colour and almost without exception Ducati. There are some other brands in race scenes but the only picture I've seen featuring a bike other than a Duc is a shot of Mick Doohan on his Honda. Even the road bike shots used to illustrate road bike related text are Ducati.

Too busy today but I hope to get to it soon.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Pete, I was a bit disappointed Rossi didn't ride in that Spanish event Marquez organised. Rossi has his own flat track and invites all sorts to ride there so he should be handy. I don't think he'd have finished last.

Yeah I've seen Rossi in action at his ranch. For sure her goes well...but MM was footing it with the best in the business, which is...fucked up!

Bike
    NC30s
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Don't think VR would be in MM's league when it comes to dirt track.
    Is that because MM rides a Honda?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...this isn't MM practicing more dismounts?...

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...this isn't MM practicing more dismounts?...
    Thats gone Viral been everywhere! Bloody lucky aye! Front flip onto the roof of the car you hit
    Riding like a jackass not
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Thats gone Viral been everywhere! Bloody lucky aye! Front flip onto the roof of the car you hit
    Riding like a jackass not
    I was going to put that one up.
    Saw it on another site,apparently recorded on a Russian dash cam.
    A fine dismount ,I give him a 10 for difficulty.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information