Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxford heated grips?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I wear summer gloves all year round without girly grips, I stand by the placebo effect comment because of what those who have girly grips, have said about them.

''they're not magic and obviously your finger tips can still get cold'' different wording but what I said about them.

Hands in gloves get cold because of wind chill, eliminating that factor out of the equation cannot be done by heated grips alone.
    You also have said you don't leave home on your bike if it's raining, so it would it be 'fair' to say you're never riding in anything as cold as people who suit up and go no matter the weather perhaps...?

Would certainly take the word of an open road year round commuter over someone who only rides on nice weekends but talks themselves up on what gear works best in cold temperature.

Congrats on filling another useful thread with opinionated bullshit btw. Yay for KB.

Bike
    a Blue one
    Commute every day on the bike winter and summer, have heated grips and use summer gloves, dont get cold hands.
    Cant have the grips on the hottest setting for very long because my hands get too hot!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Extremely evident that some who use heated grips are uptight/very protective and over reactive with little or no argument at all, just bla bla.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    They keep my fingers warm just fine. ..
    I haven't had heated grips for a while, but they always kept my whole hands warm. The whole grip is heated, and you fingers wrap around the grip - so why wouldn't they keep your hands and fingers warm.

Bike
    Extremely evident that some who use heated grips are uptight/very protective and over reactive with little or no argument at all, just bla bla.
    You complain about non biking content on here and have said yourself you don't even ride in bad weather and here you are bleating to people who are contributing some good info for others saying they are pussies for wanting to use heated grips on their bikes, and then trying to say they don't even work.

For the record I don't even have them on my new bike yet, but fucked if I think I am better than someone because they like to be warm.

Is it placebo effect that when I get on my bike it moves me because I think it is going to move me? The fuck are you smoking? Each to their own man.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendog View Post
    So, first year they worked well.
    Second year they started turning off when the handle bar was turned to full lock on one side (checked for tight wiring but that didn't seem to be the problem)
    Third year (this year) they have stopped working. The bike was having problems starting and I eventually figured out the grips were coming on with the ignition (but not showing they were on) managed to turn them off while moving the wire from the controller around.

The last set I had started coming on by themselves and couldn't be turned off except by disconnecting the battery. The switch was replaced under warranty but when I went to pick the bike up, the grips were warm and the battery was flat. Into the bin they went.

Heated grips can be great but after my experience with Oxford grips on two bikes I would consider heated grips as long as they were not made by Oxford.

Sorry, I now see this is an old thread and I already commented on p1. At least I don't seemed to have changed my mind.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    You complain about non biking content on here and have said yourself you don't even ride in bad weather and here you are bleating to people who are contributing some good info for others they are pussies for wanting to use heated grips on their bikes!

For the record I don't even have them on my new bike yet, but fucked if I think I am better than someone because they like to be warm.

Is it placebo effect that when I get on my bike it moves me because I think it is going to move me? The fuck are you smoking?
    I have never said that I don't ride in bad weather, I have said that if it's shit weather I would not gear up and go for a ride, please be a little more factual when quoting what I say. And where have I used the the term pussies in regards to this subject?

The second and third sentence's don't even get a reply.

You should stick to the off road forums instead of continually quoting me with your own 'opinionated bullshit'.

Heated grips are obviously fine for some of those who use them, not all....fact.

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Heated grips can be great but after my experience with Oxford grips on two bikes I would consider heated grips as long as they were not made by Oxford.
    +1 on that!! I love heated grips but 3 different bikes, each with Oxford grips, and each fucked out. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Oxford made them to fuck out after a year
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Well to be fair, it sounds like you're the opposite, don't have them, don't use them, but commenting on them?

Both bikes have them, Hornet has Oxford, but it's all city work, they work good. BMW has factory fitted plus handguards, they work good as well. Sub zero I prefer to add a heated vest as well, grips only do so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Well to be fair, it sounds like you're the opposite, don't have them, don't use them, but commenting on them?

Both bikes have them, Hornet has Oxford, but it's all city work, they work good. BMW has factory fitted plus handguards, they work good as well. Sub zero I prefer to add a heated vest as well, grips only do so much.
    I don't own and never will own a Ducati, does that mean I cannot comment on them?

''grips only do so much'' and ''they're not magic and obviously your finger tips can still get cold'' is what I have been saying

My first post today ''General gripe is that they only keep your palms warm, fingers still get cold etc, if you must go this way, add some hand guards for the best protection.''

You pro heat grip guys need to 'chill' a tad... see what I did there?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    That is perhaps the most retarded thing I have ever read on KB.
    Really?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/se...rchid=10325101

Enjoy.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I don't own and never will own a Ducati, does that mean I cannot comment on them?
    You pro heat grip guys need to 'chill' a tad... see what I did there?
    Nope... I'm toasty warm aren't I?

Well, re Ducati, unless you have first hand knowledge (Ok, include friends experiences), you can't really provide more than an opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Heated grips make my hands tingle and go numb. I don't like them.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Nope... I'm toasty warm aren't I?

Well, re Ducati, unless you have first hand knowledge (Ok, include friends experiences), you can't really provide more than an opinion?
    I believe that I provided my opinion, but included the thoughts of friends who have them, in that opinion. Never stated as fact as some would suggest.

I bought some for Anne and I suppose even she would disagree with my opinion about them.

For the THIRD and final time...my opinion on heated grips is...
    ''That they only keep your palms warm, fingers still get cold etc, if you must go this way, add some hand guards for the best protection.''

Bike
    a Blue one
    I believe that I provided my opinion, but included the thoughts of friends who have them, in that opinion. Never stated as fact as some would suggest.

I bought some for Anne and I suppose even she would disagree with my opinion about them.

For the THIRD and final time...my opinion on heated grips is...
    ''That they only keep your palms warm, fingers still get cold etc, if you must go this way, add some hand guards for the best protection.''
    Getting a little hot under the collar?
    p.s see what I did there

Thread Information