Page 228 of 379 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    May get a pootle in tomorrow. Just not sure where to pootle. Maybe Raglin.

Bike
    Honda CBR 600, Harley 1200 Custom
    I am doing the Blue September run.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sis View Post
    So is Sharry.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I just saw this. We want it.

I think Sharry could get on this one and be comfy. I love the American retro of it.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-774105511.htm

Bike
    2006 c50 uncle bully
    Quote Originally Posted by Sis View Post
    We'll see u there...amir and i hanging out for a cruise...blue sept will b a nice slow one...ride safe yall

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Good example of always scanning.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=846763895334662

Bike
    Honda CBR 600, Harley 1200 Custom
    I have a Committee meeting this Tuesday so wont be there.
    Maybe a longer ride instead of carpark work (since I have the balls). Yep, I know, just setting myself up for some very smart remarks here

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    So as Sis has commitments elsewhere this week, I will go TEC so we need somebody to put a hand up to lead. We can swap leaders if 2 want to.

And we need a route. So as Sis and I mostly try to work this out, this week somebody else can chose. Will be a longer than normal ride as no carpark.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    shows you how quick things can happen
    I would have gone behind the cyclist
    To be fair that was my thoughts also. But he would have decided where he would go before he moved and before the cyclist moved more. To his eyes the gap was in front of the cyclist. I think I would have gone in front as well. Problem would have happened if there was traffic coming the other way.

Bike
    A black one
    If it's clear tomorrow I'll be there. I can maybe lead if we go somewhere familiar. I'm bad at directions during the daytime so even worse at night.

Went to a bunch of bike shops on Saturday and might be going back next weekend or the following to make ze purchases..

Gotta love the lines they use though: "This jacket is on sale right now" "Oh really, how much?" "$800" "That's on sale?" "Yea, normally it's $1300".

"Oh hey, are these boots waterproof?" "No" "Oh okay, for $600 I thought they would be" "No, you have to buy the Goretex version if you want waterproof" "Right.. and they're $800"

-_-

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    If it's clear tomorrow I'll be there. I can maybe lead if we go somewhere familiar. I'm bad at directions during the daytime so even worse at night.

Went to a bunch of bike shops on Saturday and might be going back next weekend or the following to make ze purchases..

Gotta love the lines they use though: "This jacket is on sale right now" "Oh really, how much?" "$800" "That's on sale?" "Yea, normally it's $1300".

"Oh hey, are these boots waterproof?" "No" "Oh okay, for $600 I thought they would be" "No, you have to buy the Goretex version if you want waterproof" "Right.. and they're $800"

-_-
    My are water proof and cost $399. Gortex is a membrane that lets moisture travel only one way. So sweat goes out. Water cant get in. Thats all it does.

Make sure you get matching pants and jacket so they zip together properly.

Good gear costs. Dont forget to get a back protector and have it on where trying the jacket and pants.

Bike
    2006 c50 uncle bully
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post

-_-
    I swear by my old skool all leather boots...bout 12 bucks off trademe...ex mot and with proper care will last me a life time of riding...only had wet feet once and that's coz i didn't reproof them soon enough...
    I see a lot of guys in magnum steel caps...grunty weight leather uppers, goretex lined, and petrol,solvent oil proof soles with the internal comfort of a sportshoe....bout 150 to 200 and should last a few years...
    Just a few ideas that wont break the bank....rember anything with stitching will at some stage let water in even goretex...keep it well oiled often
    Ride safe yall

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Weather is looking wet this morning and clearing this arvo. So should be good for tonight.

Who is coming?

Whats our route?

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Won't be there, one of me kid's got a concert...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by Theantidote View Post
    I swear by my old skool all leather boots...bout 12 bucks off trademe...ex mot and with proper care will last me a life time of riding...only had wet feet once and that's coz i didn't reproof them soon enough...
    I see a lot of guys in magnum steel caps...grunty weight leather uppers, goretex lined, and petrol,solvent oil proof soles with the internal comfort of a sportshoe....bout 150 to 200 and should last a few years...
    Just a few ideas that wont break the bank....rember anything with stitching will at some stage let water in even goretex...keep it well oiled often
    Ride safe yall
    Cheers for the advice. Got my eye on some Berik GPX boots at the moment, more of a sport look to em but I'll have to wait and see how waterproof they really are.

I probably won't be there tonight either. My gear is all soaked from earlier this morning and my boots take ages to dry out, plus I've got a ton of work on I should probably stay late to finish.

Have a good ride tho y'all.

Thread Information