Page 267 of 379 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    The Bandit produces max torque much lower than a FZ1. It IMO is a better everyday bike. And with 3 basic mods the Bandit matches the FZ1 for HP.
    True, the Bandit has a much flatter torque curve, but let's face it, any litre bike is going to have plenty of torque for "everyday" use

Bike
    2017 Street Triple RS
    Quote Originally Posted by aws View Post
    True, the Bandit has a much flatter torque curve, but let's face it, any litre bike is going to have plenty of torque for "everyday" use
    what is this torque you guys keep referring to?!

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    AWS - I used to think Colemans' loaner 1250 was a bit of alright until I got the Fazer. Since then it has seemed kind of rough and a bit rattly. To be fair, it might be getting a bit older and loose, but I think the Yammy motor is way sweeter.

I always wanted to ask what the Fazer was like, you were to far to good a rider for me to regain my breath when we stopped for me to ask you.
    Hope you get out on the Brut, it looked nice and sounded better.

Quote Originally Posted by bawked View Post
    Its all the stuff you hear at the Pub after the ride = talk, some good, some bad, some funny, worth a listen.

The Antidote-anyone keen for coffee on friday nite...leaving drury about 8 and heading into kroad, mate I cant afford it - I would never get home.

Spokes - If Sharry would be cumfy on the back of one we would be looking for one as a pillion bike. - I tried the pillon, the seat is ok but the pegs arent comfortable would have to modify the pegs alot(unless you are MOM), feels like you are on top of the effiel tower. (Been there done that)
    Spokes - What you need is reliable. And the 900 Hornet is one of the most reliable bikes out there. - +1 its a Honda ant it

Tigadee - Yeah, he hasn't fitted his uber-cool hi-tech blunderbuss/vevezula air scoop yet! - That thread didnt go anywhere, I was keen for a trip to Mansfield or Taupo. Still keen to see both the Vevezula scoop fitted with the Turbo and Intercooler.

Is it a cooincident that a Bandit is almost Identical for engine size, weight, length, power as stock standard as the Sportster. Anyone else noticed.
    Both are understated bikes - simple, not many techo devices, apart from the Keyswitch on the HD. And watching that tail light is addictive.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    AWS - I used to think Colemans' loaner 1250 was a bit of alright until I got the Fazer. Since then it has seemed kind of rough and a bit rattly. To be fair, it might be getting a bit older and loose, but I think the Yammy motor is way sweeter.

I always wanted to ask what the Fazer was like, you were to far to good a rider for me to regain my breath when we stopped for me to ask you.
    Hope you get out on the Brut, it looked nice and sounded better.

Its all the stuff you hear at the Pub after the ride = talk, some good, some bad, some funny, worth a listen.

The Antidote-anyone keen for coffee on friday nite...leaving drury about 8 and heading into kroad, mate I cant afford it - I would never get home.

Spokes - If Sharry would be cumfy on the back of one we would be looking for one as a pillion bike. - I tried the pillon, the seat is ok but the pegs arent comfortable would have to modify the pegs alot(unless you are MOM), feels like you are on top of the effiel tower. (Been there done that)
    Spokes - What you need is reliable. And the 900 Hornet is one of the most reliable bikes out there. - +1 its a Honda ant it

Tigadee - Yeah, he hasn't fitted his uber-cool hi-tech blunderbuss/vevezula air scoop yet! - That thread didnt go anywhere, I was keen for a trip to Mansfield or Taupo. Still keen to see both the Vevezula scoop fitted with the Turbo and Intercooler.

Is it a cooincident that a Bandit is almost Identical for engine size, weight, length, power as stock standard as the Sportster. Anyone else noticed.
    Both are understated bikes - simple, not many techo devices, apart from the Keyswitch on the HD. And watching that tail light is addictive.
    You mean this project.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjkkKGI0HR0

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Thats a lot of work. Not just a few simple mods like you suggested with a bandit. How is reliability, fuel range affected. You might have to drop a few teeth to be slow enough for SASS at least it will have enough power for lights

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Thats a lot of work. Not just a few simple mods like you suggested with a bandit. How is reliability, fuel range affected. You might have to drop a few teeth to be slow enough for SASS at least it will have enough power for lights
    With 260hp who cares about economy?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    So are we having one more for the year?

Bike
    A black one
    Even with 260hp I think I would, haha.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    What you need is reliable. And the 900 Hornet is one of the most reliable bikes out there.
    After one year of ownership, I've put on new front and rear tyres, replaced the battery, chain and sprockets, rear brake switch and rear brake bulb. Not exactly economical...

Mind you, it is coming to ten years old now, so I guess some things would be failing... My luck...

Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Go on, come round take em pics and take her for a quiet ( yeah right) spin, you will be taken by "the force"
    Must do that... LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Known problem is rear wheel bearings, crap from factory but then when done, sweet as. I still enjoy riding it after 8 years... but then I also ride other bikes constantly... it's refreshing changing between them.
    What are the signs that they are going?

Quote Originally Posted by aws View Post
    By the way - did I mention that I just happen to have one of these exclusive machines for sale right now
    Oh? More info, pray tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Theantidote View Post
    ...i buy what i can afford and love my uncle to bits...hoping she'll see me right for a few k's
    Uncle? She? Your bike's a trans?!

Quote Originally Posted by bawked View Post
    Don't you know what they're torque-ing about?

Shit, that ain't a Bandit then, it's a touring Busa!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    After one year of ownership, I've put on new front and rear tyres, replaced the battery, chain and sprockets, rear brake switch and rear brake bulb. Not exactly economical...

Mind you, it is coming to ten years old now, so I guess some things would be failing... My luck...

Must do that... LOL!

What are the signs that they are going?

Any bike needs tyres and chains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Essential info for the newbies to SASS:
    South Auckland Street Skills or SASS

WHAT: Learning and improving Riding Skills
    WHEN: Tuesday Nights
    WHERE: Meet at Z (ex-Shell) Service Station, Cnr Great South Road and Taka St, TAKANINI (the one with a Burger King)
    WHO: Riders new and old, and anyone getting back into Motorcycling (must be legal & hold a motorcycle license).
    Weather and venue permitting - Heavy Rain may mean that we are watching DVDs. Showers are OK, look on the thread for more up-to-date information.
    Depending on the number of riders and their experience levels, a short ride may be included to practice further skills. If there are enough riders, some nights can be split into two different groups.

Some nights may include:
    Practicing essential skills and techniques in a quiet carpark
    On-the-road practice which may see you doing up to a 1hr - 1 1/2hr ride.

WHY:
    - Practice essential skills for staying alive on the road.
    - Practical help with your riding.
    - Fun times with fellow riders, with great stories and discussions.
    - Build friendships, solicit advice and pick-up riding tips.

MEET at Z station Takanini -----------> before 6.55pm

START ride -----------------------------> 7pm

FINISH ride at ex-Manukau City Council car park for slow-speed safety exercises -----> usually 8pm-8.15pm
    (next to the new Manukau train station & opp. police station)

SOCIAL time @ BRONCOS after car park exercises -----------> 8.45pm-ish

Cost: Nil, nada, zip, zero, nothing... Just your time and attention.

Details of what will be happening each week will be posted on this thread. So kick the tires and light the fires... Let's ride, aSASSins!

Disclaimer:
    The SASS activity is intended to give any riders advice on their riding and to practice their skills in a safe and relaxed environment. The organisers of SASS are NOT responsible for any rider, their machines and/or any persons involved. All people attending SASS do so at their own risk.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Any bike needs tyres and chains.
    Really?! Doms and bikes, chains and rubber, huh?

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Really?! Doms and bikes, chains and rubber, huh?
    Bike replacement parts due to too many wheelies and stoppies? Tigadee

You are talking about chains for the bike?

not whips and chains - BD and dont forget the leathers

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike

I still have my black FZ1. It is currently on the market - one careful lady owner

Bike
    So are we having one more for the year?
    I'm hoping to make it for one more.

Thread Information