Page 1455 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 4559551355140514451453145414551456145714651505155519552455 ... LastLast
Results 21,811 to 21,825 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by marsheng View Post
    Thanks for the info. I see if the owner of the bike wants to go down this route. Look like a really interesting exercise.
    Oi! Get back to sorting your Maico!
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    2015 Avanti

Ryger

It does seem odd that no Ryger powered Karts are not in the 1st race. I would have thought that they would have tested it against a known kart on the track and would show how it just blows the fairing off the opposition machines. But no such information has come to light. The only testing we have seen is not on a track at all. It could be that they blow up 100m before the finish line and have to solve this problem 1st.

Bike
    TZ400
    Well the to date totally unimpressed Mr Thiel, has reported that the Ryger was set up for a test day with several drivers invited.
    It lasted 3 slow laps before seizing.
    Now this in itself itsnt so damning, but to build 50 engines, pay a fortune to greedy patent lawyers, advertise all over that CIK Homologation
    has been achieved, and then fail to have an entry in the first big race of the year means something is very wrong.
    If thats simply waiting for the patent issue, that then gives rights due to being first in line with the application ( very important in the new USA legislation )
    then thats completely understandable.
    Otherwise its pointing in the same direction as the basically stock bottom end being capable ( ie reliable ) at 30,000 - yea right.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    It does seem odd that no Ryger powered Karts are not in the 1st race. I would have thought that they would have tested it against a known kart on the track and would show how it just blows the fairing off the opposition machines. But no such information has come to light. The only testing we have seen is not on a track at all. It could be that they blow up 100m before the finish line and have to solve this problem 1st.
    We know the homologation is OK, and 50 engines are ready. If they do not deliver them to clients, the only logical reason for that is that the patent has not yet been granted.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

In celebration of water cooled 100's and the work that goes into building them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nigal no mates 100cc RGV.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	421.3 KB 
ID:	319195

Nigel Duffs remarkable RS framed bike with a water cooled RG100 engine made from a sleeved down RG150. Nigel put in quite a few great rides with this bike and developed a reputation for being pretty dominant with it. Now days Nathanial pretty much fulfills that role.

Name:	Diesil Pigs 100.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	232.5 KB 
ID:	319193

Diesel Pigs bike is a South Island version of a RG100 made from a RG150 engine. Some of these engines used the original RG150 cylinder others used the RGV250 cylinder. Whichever way they went there was a lot of work involved in making and fitting a sleeve.

Name:	Husaburg NSR100 Vanessa pic in NZ.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	673.8 KB 
ID:	319194

Husaburgs NSR 125 that is being converted to a 100, it could just as easily be a 110 now with that handy rule change allowing the 100cc crowed to use the cheap oversize KT100 pistons.

The MB100 boys agitated to have this rule change brought in so they didn't have to go to the trouble of de stroking their cranks to stay legal. They wanted 107cc but to be fair to all the 100's MNZ took advice and chose 110cc so that everyone benefited.

Name:	Brendons NSR100.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	319192

I think this is Brendons NSR125 conversion.

Name:	BrenCHCH.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	319191Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS_KE125.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	319190

Another of BrenCHCH's projects. A KE125 bottom end with a RG400 cylinder grafted on.

Bike
    In celebration of water cooled 100's Page 2

Name:	Jason and RMS Eng KE-RG100.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	499.7 KB 
ID:	319201

Jason and the RMS engineering KE100 made using a Kawasaki rotary valve bottom end and a RG400 cylinder. The bike was very light and delivered a strong mid twenties rear wheel hp.

Name:	Team GPR H2O 100 Twin 2T.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	242.6 KB 
ID:	319199

One of my favorites, the Team GPR 100cc twin made using two RG50 cylinders. Reputedly about 30hp, if that could be confirmed then it would probably be NZ's first 30hp bucket.

Name:	Yow Lings RGV 100.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	354.5 KB 
ID:	319200

Yow Lings RG150 to 100 conversion, this motor may have found its way into Diesel Pigs bike.

Name:	RIMG0320.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	319202

Making a new sleeve was a real job of work in itself.

Name:	Speedpro MB100 8.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	319197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Speedpros MB100 H2O engine.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	319198

Speedpros MB100 water cooled head, I think that later this got the water cooled barrel treatment too.

Back in the day a lot of this water cooling of originally air cooled engines was being done. I would love to see more picture from people like F5 dave who built one and pictures of other engines back in the day. And if anyone gave a Suzuki TF/TS the treatment I would love to see pictures of that too.

Bike
    In celebration of water cooled 100's Page 3

Name:	RGV100 - 2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	240.8 KB 
ID:	319205

This is another great 100 cc conversion, a beautifully prepared bike.

Unfortunately I only have a few photos and there must be a lot more of these water cooled 100's out there. And now that the 110 rule is here it makes getting them up and running and keeping them going much easier.

Name:	Possibly the start of another GP-NSR 100.jpg 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	319204

With the new 110cc over size rule in place I hear there are a few old 125 aircooled engines being converted to water cooling.

The rule change was brought in so that people did not have to de stroke their engines to stay legal.

Name:	GP-NSR110.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	319203

But now with the 110 rule if you are willing to go to the trouble of a de stroke then the door is open to making a competitive and reliable engine using a water cooled cylinder from a road bike that is modern enough to have a power valve.

Bike
    In celebration of water cooled 100's Page 4

Name:	The Beastlty NSR-GP110 complete.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	319207

Buckets has always had an element of experimentation about it. This is my de stroked, re plated NSR 110cc plenum chamber project. The plenum was first tried on my air cooled 125 as a way of getting past the restriction imposed by a 24mm carb.

At the time the plenum was tried the 125 engine made about 20hp when 100cc water coolers were making 25+. At that time 20hp was thought to be the limit for an 2T engine with a 24mm carb.

After experimenting a bit with the plenum the conclusion was, that it was not the 24mm carb but other aspects of the motor that was holding it back. Now that we are at the 30hp mark it might be time to try the plenum again.

Name:	The Beastlty NSR-GP110 24mm Carb.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	319206

This engine is 110cc and see, it has the regulation 24mm carb restriction required by the rules for 2T's over 104cc.

For selfish reasons I would hate it if they made it open carb for all Buckets. It would take the fun out of finding imaginative ways of working with the 24 rule.

Bucketracer had the vide camera handy when we first fired the the bike up

Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    In the first moments of the clip you can see how easy it is to start from cold, and that there is no blow back from the carb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxiEo8cgopg

Warming it up before a bit of a blurt up the drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ef-WUO1Qs
    The first outing and the Magic Vacuum Cleaner ran Ok.

Name:	PlenumChamber.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	698.3 KB 
ID:	319208

This is the inside of the plenum. When I first tried it, it worked well enough but had issues with fuel dropout and and the Blaaars at 5-6K rpm.

A report from when we first track tested the plenum in Feb 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Testing at MtWelly was difficult on the wet track, there was not a lot of traction, open the throttle and the back wheel would just spin up. (TT100 tires). It has some kinks to iron out, but it does run, didn't blow up and shows promise. I am looking forward to getting the beast onto a dyno soon to see if the gains make it worth persevering with and developing it further.
    If you follow the post back there is a lot more on the plenum.

Name:	Bellmouth extension..jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	319213

The Blaaars were cured by adding an extension to the inlet tract. But I would prefer to have the short bell mouth.

Name:	Variable Tract area and timing..JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	405.5 KB 
ID:	319212

I want a big 34mm inlet tract that is short as possible so this time I will use a variation on this valve system that reduced the closing timing and halved the tract area. This worked well cleaning up the carburetion when using wild rotary valve timing so it might be good for curing the plenums blaaar problem too.

Name:	EFI Injectors.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	319214

My experiments with EFI fuel injection into the transfer ports was started as a way to get over the fuel dropout problem in the plenum.

Fuel dropout in the plenum is a problem because you lose control of the mixture strength with all that raw fuel slopping around.

Anyway I am all excited about getting my new bike finished and being able to continue developing the Magic Vacuum Cleaner.

I think sleeving a motor is hard work and not easy to get a good outcome with so I am very grateful to be able to do it using the de stroke option and have what should be a reliable 110cc water cooled motor.

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    I'm with you, no more mucking around with rules thank you very much! Some developments take years, the GPR125 is at the end of year two and only just starting to see the track. Failing all else, Scott used to play with watercooled TF100's, and with a little magic the GPR 125 could also undergo a retrofitting. But this mix of watercooled 110's, air cooled 125's and four stroke 150's is certainly going to put up a great array of machinery, long may that continue.

Great photos, and look forward to seeing it out on the track this coming year!

Bike
    Mb100
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    In celebration of water cooled 100's Page 3

Name:	RGV100 - 2.jpg 
Size:	240.8 KB 
ID:	319205

This is another great 100 cc conversion, a beautifully prepared bike.

Unfortunately I only have a few photos and there must be a lot more of these water cooled 100's out there. And now that the 110 rule is here it makes getting them up and running and keeping them going much easier.

Name:	Possibly the start of another GP-NSR 100.jpg 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	319204

With the new 110cc over size rule in place I hear there are a few old 125 aircooled engines being converted to water cooling.
    The rule change was brought in so that people did not have to de stroke their engines to stay legal.

Name:	GP-NSR110.JPG 
Views:	100 
ID:	319203

But now with the 110 rule if you are willing to go to the trouble of a de stroke then the door is open to making a competitive and reliable engine using a water cooled cylinder from a road bike that is modern enough to have a power valve.
    It is a over size rule so the motor would have to start out as a 100cc or 150cc ?, just building a 110cc or a 158cc is against the rules is it not? I have wondered about the fxrs as many seem to build them out to the oversize limit straight off the bat , not as a need to do so after a blow up which I would consider to be outside the rules . After talking to a couple of people at the track yesterday ,they had similar feelings any thoughts on this.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by goose8 View Post
    It is a over size rule so the motor would have to start out as a 100cc or 150cc ?, just building a 110cc or a 158cc is against the rules is it not? I have wondered about the fxrs as many seem to build them out to the oversize limit straight off the bat , not as a need to do so after a blow up which I would consider to be outside the rules . After talking to a couple of people at the track yesterday ,they had similar feelings any thoughts on this.
    I agree building an engine to max oversize straight off is a grey area that probably needs addressing along with other issues like, what size is a 24mm carb and how much of an engine can be homemade before it is no longer based on a non competition engine. We have had a pretty common sense approach to this until now and I understand some of the AMCC Bucket committee members are looking at how a re write of the rules could address some of these grey areas.

Just for the record, when this extra oversize rule was mooted for the convenience of a limited few MB100 pilots I made a submission to MNZ opposing it. Now that it is here and available to all, I am going to enjoy it.

Name:	GP100 with Re-Plated NSR cylinder.JPG 
Views:	71 
ID:	319215 Suzuki GP100 bottom end with rebored (replated) NSR cylinder.

I expected a bit of opposition. So I was careful to start with a 100cc engine. A air cooled Suzuki GP100 that I had previously raced and after adding an old water cooled NSR cylinder and porting it, the cylinder was rebored (replated in this case) because it needed it.

Old dud cylinders are cheap to buy. So it is a totally legal within the rules and the spirit and the intent of Bucketracing endeavor. Which started of as a 100 and finished up as a re bored 110, my arse is totaly coverd rule wise.

The only difference between what others have done and what I am doing is approach, different approach same result, a water cooled F4 2T100

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    It is certainly a grey area but how could it be policed, it's too easy to just say I slipped with my porting tool or I had a ring hang up and stuffed the bore.
    From where I see it the 110, 158 rule is one of those things that was introduced to give older machines a bit more life without having to build new cranks but in reality has just raised the tuning bar a bit higher for those with a bit of technical nous.

Bike
    What day of the week?
    I have wondered about the fxrs as many seem to build them out to the oversize limit straight off the bat , not as a need to do so after a blow up which I would consider to be outside the rules . After talking to a couple of people at the track yesterday ,they had similar feelings any thoughts on this.
    Don't worry gary, we're all binning the fxr engines for two strokes so that unfair adavatange will be gone.

Great post by the way rob!!!

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    It is a over size rule so the motor would have to start out as a 100cc or 150cc ?, just building a 110cc or a 158cc is against the rules is it not? .
    Absolutely correct

I have wondered about the fxrs as many seem to build them out to the oversize limit straight off the bat , not as a need to do so after a blow up which I would consider to be outside the rules.
    Why? Its a maximum rebore size. No where does it say you may not rebore unless you blow up your motor first. As long as it starts out as a 100 or 150, as you have stated above, then bore away!

After talking to a couple of people at the track yesterday ,they had similar feelings any thoughts on this.
    Shit Gary that's almost as bad as "the spirit". Was it the "we must crush innovation, we don't need people building fast bikes that comply with the rules" kind of feelings? Sorry mate, nothing personal.
    We know where this is being driven from. Fact of the matter is that everyone had the opportunity to submit regarding this rule change last year. I for one opposed it, but it went through so deal with it, or even better exploit it!

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    Quote:But I agree building an engine to max oversize straight off is a grey area that probably needs addressing along with other issues like, what size is a 24mm carb and how much of an engine can be homemade before it is no longer based on a non competition engine. We have had a pretty common sense approach to this until now but I understand some of the AMCC Bucket committee members are looking at a re write of the rules.[/QUOTE]

I suspect I know who's bike has caused that controversy!

My dispute has and always will be that some bikes start out too close to competition bikes, others have taken a known commuter engine and do wickedly outrageous things with them, attempts on super charging, turbo charging, water cooling and in our case a barrel that blended a Kr125 (150 originally...) to a racier design. Which in many respects is exactly what people are trying to achieve even if they are merely porting their engines.

I know which one I consider fully legitimate and exciting to belong to. And it's the whole premise of buckets to have the opportunity to tinker.

Thread Information