Page 180 of 196 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 2931

Thread: MotoGP 2014

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Squid award goes to Marquez, not Crutchlow. Crashing out of first place when you're 6+ seconds in front trumps crashing out of second place any day.

Shame they didn't stop fucking around with Crutchlows GP14 much earlier in the season cos he's finally starting to figure out how to ride the thing.

Nakamoto was probably expecting a bunch of people to fall on a blade after that race.

It was interesting that only a single Honda was working well, until it crashed.

Hector Barbera is doing bloody well since he got a half decent bike. Great result for him.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post

Shame they didn't stop fucking around with Crutchlows GP14 much earlier in the season cos he's finally starting to figure out how to ride the thing.
    EXACTLY !!!

That's the point Ive been trying to get through to the "So called experts" in regard to newcomers to the sport, Teach them how to race what theyve got FIRST, Then after a minimum 12 months put them on a machine with adjustable suspenders, Anything else just confuses the fuck out of them, Sam Love was the perfect example, Once I convinced him to tell the suspension guys to mess off and just do a bunch of race meetings or trackdays and learn how to ride his bike, He went forward in leaps and bounds, You have no idea how many people have approached me for suspension onfo on the mighty CBR, Who just refuse to believe it is as supplied with fork oil changed once when I prepped it 3 years ago and I have NO IDEA where the rear shock is set as it's enclosed and I don't have a C spanner to work it out and yet I still managed to set a new lap record last time out at Taupo with a blown headgasket, You can't compare the junior training in Europe with what happens here, Their kids start on basic machinery at 6 or 7 years of age, Ours start for the most part at 13.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    EXACTLY !!!

That's the point Ive been trying to get through to the "So called experts" in regard to newcomers to the sport, Teach them how to race what theyve got FIRST, Then after a minimum 12 months put them on a machine with adjustable suspenders, Anything else just confuses the fuck out of them, Sam Love was the perfect example, Once I convinced him to tell the suspension guys to mess off and just do a bunch of race meetings or trackdays and learn how to ride his bike, He went forward in leaps and bounds, You have no idea how many people have approached me for suspension onfo on the mighty CBR, Who just refuse to believe it is as supplied with fork oil changed once when I prepped it 3 years ago and I have NO IDEA where the rear shock is set as it's enclosed and I don't have a C spanner to work it out and yet I still managed to set a new lap record last time out at Taupo with a blown headgasket, You can't compare the junior training in Europe with what happens here, Their kids start on basic machinery at 6 or 7 years of age, Ours start for the most part at 13.

with ya on all that man
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    triumph scrambler
    Both MM & Crutchlow admitted they were not riding at full pace. The ambient temp dropped , riding in cruise mode, maybe the asymmetric tyres lost too much heat & grip on the rhs .

Bike
    Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by trustme View Post
    ... The ambient temp dropped, riding in cruise mode, maybe the asymmetric tyres lost too much heat & grip on the rhs.
    ^^^ Bingo. ^^^

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Thanks Didjit great read

Moto 3 was epic, Moto2 yet to watch.

MotoGP The experienced heads JL and Rossi managed to get their bikes to the end, the more experienced won, thats it simple
    Chuffed for Rossi "To finish first, First you must Finish"
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    20/20 foresight.

And after seeing that Moto3 race is there still anybody who doubts that young Mr Miller is a real talent?

All in all it was a bad weekend for the nay sayers, even Bradders stuck one up them.
    Shit yes, shouted myself hoarse during Moto3, I love how he was standing Alex up at every opportunity, in a harsh but fair manner. Shame he took out his buddy at the end there though, that turn 4 corner is a killer as we found out in GP.

As the voice of Pedrosa I would like to say: "HOW SHIT IS HIS LUCK?"
    It seems that the guy can't catch a break. God knows what has happened to his rocket starts as we all used to love watching. I will be very surprised if he beats either of the Yamaha's for 2nd now. I think he may have lost whatever he had last year mentally that made him fight so hard.

As for Aleix Espagaro, how unlucky for him? He was looking real good there, loved him smashing his screen. Must be hard to compete against your brother, I know I used to play my best hockey when versing my brother so imagine he would quite like to beat him in the championship this year.
    Will be interesting to see who is the "Better" rider in Suzuki next year. If Suzuki can get their shit together quick enough Vinales and Espagaro have the talent to win the championship (though I very much doubt the bike will be capable for a few seasons).

Finally, the commentators... Did anyone else hear how Lorenzo was under a "Slight amount of pressure" from Crutchlow just after the other commentator told him how Crutchlow had closed up .3 in one split... DICKHEAD! He was also rambling while Pedrosa was coasting back to the pits rather than mentioning that 2nd place in the champ was going to DNF... Wish I could mute just him so that I can hear the important stuff from the other chaps who seem to know their shit.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Finally, the commentators... Did anyo
    Nick Harris? He mistook Rossi for Lorenzo on one occasion IIRC.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Nick Harris, a blithering,blubbering,babbling and confused clown !
    Time to go.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Nick Harris, a blithering,blubbering,babbling and confused clown !
    Time to go.
    I would like to propose a replacement... Myself, please fly me to every Motogp round in the world and pay me to do so... PLEASE!

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    Also Luthi for Vinales, and Rabat for Kallio. And as usual, in spite of the fact that they were going to be focussing on the points spread, forewarned us that his maths wasn't up to scratch (can't be fucked working it out) even though points are "so, so important"...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I was feeling guilty about chasing Harris up about his pronunciation of Bastianini and he did try to correct it at the last race, but at PI he was back to his usual. Not much excuse when the guy sitting next to him is getting it right.

There are possibly some ace commentators out of work following BT's takeover of Brit coverage from Eurosport, Moody might be available? Harris needs to watch his back.

Motomatters attributes the tyre problems to the Dorna delaying the start two hours to attract a bigger European TV audience. This lead to a 9 degree temperature drop during the race if I read it right. Bridgestone can't be blamed for that. Both Crutchlow and Marquez had eased off prior to going down so they can't really be blamed either.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I was feeling guilty about chasing Harris up about his pronunciation of Bastianini and he did try to correct it at the last race, but at PI he was back to his usual. Not much excuse when the guy sitting next to him is getting it right.

There are possibly some ace commentators out of work following BT's takeover of Brit coverage from Eurosport, Moody might be available? Harris needs to watch his back.

Motomatters attributes the tyre problems to the Dorna delaying the start two hours to attract a bigger European TV audience. This lead to a 9 degree temperature drop during the race if I read it right. Bridgestone can't be blamed for that. Both Crutchlow and Marquez had eased off prior to going down so they can't really be blamed either.

Rossi used the same tyre all weekend, and I reckon he did that due to knowing how the weather can change so fast on Phillip Island, ( Intelligent experience) Smith also used the same tyre as Rossi did, both had no problems, and all the crashes were using the newer style tyre which was crap in the cold conditions, especially when they backed off the race pace they were at allowing the tyre to drop more in operating temp.

Operating temp of the tyre is MORE important that brand or quality of suspension you may be using as far as tyre condition goes!
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto-Dynamix View Post
    Rossi used the same tyre all weekend, and I reckon he did that due to knowing how the weather can change so fast on Phillip Island, ( Intelligent experience) Smith also used the same tyre as Rossi did, both had no problems, and all the crashes were using the newer style tyre which was crap in the cold conditions, especially when they backed off the race pace they were at allowing the tyre to drop more in operating temp.

Operating temp of the tyre is MORE important that brand or quality of suspension you may be using as far as tyre condition goes!
    Word was that most of the crashes were simply the RH side of the tyre cooling too fast after too many left hand corners.
    As you say, Rossi was obviously canny enough to know that.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Word was that most of the crashes were simply the RH side of the tyre cooling too fast after too many left hand corners.
    As you say, Rossi was obviously canny enough to know that.

YEP, due to different compounds on each side of the 2 tyres
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Thread Information