Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KIWI INITIATIVE - DUCATI

Bike
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V

KIWI INITIATIVE - DUCATI

I have come across the site of a clever Kiwi bloke from Cambridge in N.Z. Great write up. I saw his Vee Two Alchemy race here a few years ago now, with Owen Coles on board. It was awesome. Nothing could touch it. Quote "It was the fastest two-valve twin in the world".
    This is a must read, especially for ducatiists. If you want to make the Duke something special, read on.
    http://www.veetwo.net/about.asp
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Bike
    Has anyone read the article!?
    Last edited by zadok; 21st September 2005 at 12:53. Reason: Comment withdrawn.
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    I did, very intesting mate thanks
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    GSXR 450
    You posted it at midnight then you re-posted at 9am give us a chance mate ^^;
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by texmo
    You posted it at midnight then you re-posted at 9am give us a chance mate ^^;
    Yeah, I suppose the four hour time difference doesn't help.
    Marty

Bike
    Africa Twin DCT.
    Quote Originally Posted by zadok
    I have come across the site of a clever Kiwi bloke from Cambridge in N.Z. Great write up. I saw his Vee Two Alchemy race here a few years ago now, with Owen Coles on board. It was awesome. Nothing could touch it. Quote "It was the fastest two-valve twin in the world".
    This is a must read, especially for ducatiists. If you want to make the Duke something special, read on.
    http://www.veetwo.net/about.asp
    Zadok,i'm familiar with Brook Henry.I sent a complete 900 Beveldrive engine over to him around 1992/3 for the full treatment,thought about a Alchemy kit but by the time i had spent $9500 on the engine,the $6000 kit was out of reach...FCR's added another $1800 ...they certainly built a good engine unlike the "factory" trained retard who buthered it here (i was to busy with work at the time to do it myself)..the VeeTwo engine went 20000kms before it needed a valve adjustment.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by TLDV8
    .the VeeTwo engine went 20000kms before it needed a valve adjustment.

Their crank only went 11,000 in mine before it shit itself due to insufficent hardening on the crankpin so they replaced it under warranty, still cost me heaps for labour though

Phil Payne used to race an Alchemy at BEARs meetings down here with a MHR1000 (I think) in it
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    BSA
    I wish I had the bucks to send my engine over.

Bike
    Yamama R6 & Frankie the Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by zadok
    Has anyone read the article!?
    Sorry if I'm boring everyone, but I only got four comments from the last three threads I started.
    Do you post this worthless crap just so others will reply and make you feel special?

Just taking the piss...no, I didn't read it...way too much text, not enough pictures...but I did post in your thread.
    The Unknown Rider

Bike
    Africa Twin DCT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha
    Their crank only went 11,000 in mine before it shit itself due to insufficent hardening on the crankpin so they replaced it under warranty, still cost me heaps for labour though

Phil Payne used to race an Alchemy at BEARs meetings down here with a MHR1000 (I think) in it
    Phil actually did some rejetting on it when i was down that way,i did see his Alchemy at the time (White with a shell bearing engine) .i think he had ridden it at Assen and it had been stored in Italy before bringing it back to NZ?.. Its so long a go i can't remember the year now, 94/95 maybe,but the engine ran great until unleaded fuel came in..after that it was down hill,the heads were sent back for harder valve seats..but it started wearing rings out to the tune of 2 sets in 7000kms,the crank was checked and found to be close to the limit on radial play so once again due to work commitments was given to the "professional's"... i had great joy picking the lightened and polished crank up some 2 months later which by then had surface rust on it,and had not been touched..it has been parked up and the engine in boxs since then..1998 maybe ...i think with what i have learned with TL's over the last few years,when the SD comes back it would be with injection.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Bought my 750GT from the Henry Brothers in Cambridge in '73.
    That was a f**kin mission and a half!
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    2009 Ducati Streetfighter

Don't talk to me about f'n VeeTwo

Sent my 900S2 motor to them in 96 and spent $9000, the only thing I didn't get done was the bigger/re-angled valves and dry clutch. She bolted straight back in and when I fired her up she actually idled for the first time since I bought it. Long story short,went bloody awesome until it nipped up and exhaust valve guide in 3000km. Not being mechanically minded let local biker dude who had a shop work on it. Ended up splitting the crankcase and whatta we find f'n silica beeds that they'd bead balsted the motor with. No I'm not bitter, I'd built the bridge and got over it.Traded her on a new 1100 Sport Guzzi in 97.Guy I work with is Phil Paynes cousin and in 97 ? got to meet him and check out his Alchemy which was a work of art,he also had Mickey Rourke's ex 851 and Cagiva 125 in his shop (matching paint jobs), he started the 851 in his little shop and man did it sound horn.

Bike
    888ducati

Ducati

Hey I'm trying to find out more about these Mickey rourke bikes?? Can any one help

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations on a magnificent dredge.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Wow Sniper and texmo, two names from the past, Sniper was the first KBer to reach 10,000 posts but then lost a shit load when spanke did that upgrade thing where RnR posts etc no longer counted. I think one young female went from 100's to about 12.

Thread Information