Page 146 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2918

Thread: I'm looking for Christchurch Adv rides

Bike
    KX500
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    This link should do it. Not likely to be on again next year, surprised it was on again this year. Forrest about to be deforested for logging. Anyone who hasn't done that ride has probably missed their chance until the logging is done and it grows back.

My camera was pointing a little low this year so I have too much handlebar and not much horizon bugger it.
    chur was afta yesterdays footage, taken back none on youtube. Would have thought plenty
    with # of gopros round. How many bikes in total ?

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Takes ages to upload raw files off a HD Go Pro, or takes days to edit it down to a file that doesn't take days to upload so wait a bit and it will come.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    07 ktm se950
    Quote Originally Posted by KX500 View Post
    chur was afta yesterdays footage, taken back none on youtube. Would have thought plenty
    with # of gopros round. How many bikes in total ?
    its in TAs quote look for 2014 beta 300, there were 650 riders

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by SE950 View Post
    its in TAs quote look for 2014 beta 300, there were 650 riders
    Ahh, didn't notice that myself, cheers SE950.
    Beta RR 300 MY 2014,Trail Ride,Dalethorpe Forest,Dalethorpe Road,Sheffield New Zealand 17-08-2014

Ha ha, saw myself, I was in traffic and pulled off to the right when I heard the camera bike coming fairly early on.
    Pity the upload is not HD.
    Edit: it's now in HD, might have still been processing when I watched it originally.
    Last edited by Transalper; 21st August 2014 at 15:40. Reason: now in HD.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
    Cringe! Just checked out the video of the Dalethorpe on youtube. That little lie down my bike decided to take on the first downhill section. Well....

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    That's probably brake control (too much braking but takes time to learn) and the MT21's being more of an adventure tyre, I'm thinking they're a better tyre than what you had when we first met, good for hacking about the waimak, great for ADV riding but not so much a muddy hill or deep bog tyre.
    FuzzyG a few posts back was also wearing MT21's and fell over a bit so you were not alone in that choice, they just clog up a bit quick for that stuff.
    Also bear in mind that Dalethorpe is said to be Grenvilles toughest ride.

Got my eye on 12 October.... Suzuki Trails-Murray Downs-Amberley.
    And the 9 November... Amuri Area School PTA-Craig Pickering Memorail Trail Ride-Culverden. That one is fairly quiet and cruisy from memory.

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    That's probably brake control (too much braking but takes time to learn) and the MT21's being more of an adventure tyre, I'm thinking they're a better tyre than what you had when we first met, good for hacking about the waimak, great for ADV riding but not so much a muddy hill or deep bog tyre.
    FuzzyG a few posts back was also wearing MT21's and fell over a bit so you were not alone in that choice, they just clog up a bit quick for that stuff.
    Also bear in mind that Dalethorpe is said to be Grenvilles toughest ride.

Got my eye on 12 October.... Suzuki Trails-Murray Downs-Amberley.
    And the 9 November... Amuri Area School PTA-Craig Pickering Memorail Trail Ride-Culverden. That one is fairly quiet and cruisy from memory.
    You are bang on Carl the MT21 is an adventure tyre and will be way out of its depth at Dalethorpe especially on wet off camber tree roots, I run the S12 XC soft compound tyres on the Gas Gas, rear 4psi, front 7 psi and I still had plenty of brown undie moments especially on the enduro deviations, when the mud is really sticky like sunday ALL tyres clog up, at least with an open XC tyre you can wick the throttle and chuck the mud.
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
    Thanks for your thoughts on tyres. My bike had trailwings for the first year, and MT21s are a vast improvement for the type of riding we typically do. But factor in hills, thick mud, slippery tree roots, and a bit of snow for good measure, and I can see what you are saying, that more aggressive tyres would be a big advantage for trail riding events.
    Hubby won't agree to a third set of tyres so I will just have to concentrate my efforts on wearing out the MT21s.

Thanks for recommending some trail rides Carl. I enjoyed the challenge of doing the Dalethorpe, and tackled 90 percent of the route we took, but the other 10 percent was a bit hard on poor hubby!! Also having to assist the little fella. Our teen also managed to get himself stuck in a swamp. Hubby didn't complain because he knew we were having fun, but doing a less challenging trail for our next family ride might be a good plan!

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts on tyres. My bike had trailwings for the first year, and MT21s are a vast improvement for the type of riding we typically do. But factor in hills, thick mud, slippery tree roots, and a bit of snow for good measure, and I can see what you are saying, that more aggressive tyres would be a big advantage for trail riding events.
    Hubby won't agree to a third set of tyres so I will just have to concentrate my efforts on wearing out the MT21s.

Thanks for recommending some trail rides Carl. I enjoyed the challenge of doing the Dalethorpe, and tackled 90 percent of the route we took, but the other 10 percent was a bit hard on poor hubby!! Also having to assist the little fella. Our teen also managed to get himself stuck in a swamp. Hubby didn't complain because he knew we were having fun, but doing a less challenging trail for our next family ride might be a good plan!
    Nothing wrong with MT21's, just shows there is no perfect tyre, riding the soft compound tyres on hard rocky stuff just kills them, the MT21 would take a lot more punishment and be perfect for that ground.
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    3 black ones
    got a call from TA today. someone had handed my camera into the police and they had given him a call after looking at my pics and getting his number plate. great to see there are some honest people out there

Bike
    800XC
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    got a call from TA today. someone had handed my camera into the police and they had given him a call after looking at my pics and getting his number plate. great to see there are some honest people out there
    great news!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I take it you have arranged collection? Hate to think they are still waiting on me to return call with your number.

Bike
    3 black ones
    I take it you have arranged collection? Hate to think they are still waiting on me to return call with your number.
    yep rang them back and have been and got it - got the lady that handed it in number so will drop her off some chocolates or somthing. she found it outside her property on old west coast road so it didnt even fall out at the river. didnt have my main memory card in after all...... the pic i had of your bike was at the waimk when we came across the logging works

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Tell ya what, I'm thinking I'll keep a picture of my phone number or something as the first photo on my camera memory cards from now on.

Bike
    Beautiful machines
    Quote Originally Posted by cynna View Post
    Great news! Yay for honest people too, both the person who found it and the copper who went the extra mile to find out who owns it.
    And TA of course for not claiming it was his
    http://www.youtube.com/peeteey
    If anyone is interested in Guitar or Bass lessons, please get in touch. Kids to Grandparents, Rock to Jazz and folk, any style you like. Professional teacher for many years.

Thread Information