View Poll Results: Who will win the 10 lapper.

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I choose the Mair bike as its got a big power to weight advantage.

12 37.50%
  • I choose the Willaims bike as any knowlegable road racer knows that handling rules.

20 62.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Power vs Handling (another biased poll)

Bike
    SV400
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Hi Gary
    That woul dbe because you were always running those dodgy second hand tyres...........Who was it that was giving them to you ?, Oh Yeah - that was me......
    I thought they were good and I always freshened them up with plenty of CRC and Diesel before racedays.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I want the handling bike!!! Only cos Glen's ridden it tho, he's my hero

Bike
    SV400
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Drew I put you on the bike on the wrong bike? What can I say. Do you want the injection remapped and some nitro for another 6 horses?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry H View Post
    Drew I put you on the bike on the wrong bike? What can I say. Do you want the injection remapped and some nitro for another 6 horses?
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    1987 Nifty 50
    Maybe you could lose another couple kg by shaking the shit out of your socks?
    "Not one day that we are here on this earth has been promised to us, so make the most of every day as if it was your last, and every breath ,as if it were the same"

Bike
    SUZUKI road & Kawasaki race bike
    I choose the Mair..... only cos the Mair blood harnesses super powers that cannot be defined.... its that something else... you put a Mair on a bike... i put my money on that Mair... simple!
    Taking it to the track thanks to: KIWIBIKE INSURANCE & PIRELLI TYRES, EXPERIENCE MOTORCYCLES, EBC Brakes, SUPERSPROX Sprockets, TSUBAKI Chains, RST Leathers, REPSOL Oils, FutureGrafix, Autolink

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    I want the Drew bike, - but only because I wanna pull the engine apart & find out how much more Clee knows about engines than me. (better have a pretty big notebook handy)

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    The One lap race goes like this:
    Drew takes full advantage of his lighter weight & higher horsepower machine & gets the jump of the line at Manfield. At the same moment another silver K3 SV650 is spotted starting at the pitlane track entrance & tipping into the first corner (its Gary H, pulling a sneaky on the boys). Gary leades into the esses with drew 100m behind & Glen still incredibly trailing another 15 behind that after being sidetracked by drews missus standing on the outside of turn one & flashing him. Gary makes a hash of the infield left hander & Drew runs to far to the inside & looses the front on the white line. Fortunatly he is so full of pure & unadulterated talent (just like his brother) he manages to catch it on his knee for about a 20ft front end slidee. Williams sneaks up another 5mtrs on him. Gary H enters the hairpin but cant carry the corner speed because he's got both tyres fitted backwards (to save a few bucks). Drew & Williams get within 25mtrs of him. The sheer power of the Drew bike now takes control & he pulls most of this gap back on Gary by Higgins. The sly fox Williams has managed to catch Drews slipstream & Drew unbeknown has dragged Glens old arse along with him up the same straight. Drew goes for the big "up the inside pass" on Gary H into Higgins, but screws it up - because his mostly stock front forks bottom out & he skips past Gary & runs wide. (whilst up at the top of the corner - he takes the opportunity to check the trench that Jimmy dug there a few months ago in the dirt). Gary H, see's this as his opportunity & is already reading the headlines in the paper about his big win. The codgy old fart Williams is yet to make a mistake though & waits (for what seems an eternity) for Gary H to get on the gas (& get out of the way through Higgins) & then passes him easily on the inside exiting Higgins. (this is due to the sheer drive provided by the best god-damm shock absorber ever made in the entire known universe - The Trex Ohlins of course & has ABSOLUTLY nothing to do with rider abilty). In the meantime Drews wide line has actually allowed him to run a very quick high exit line & he blows by Gary H with smoke pouring of the rear tyre , whilst being sideways & on one wheel, + taking time to flick GaryH the bird.
    Williams has a 7 mtr lead out of higgins over Drew - whilst Gary with tears in his eyes "does a Biaggi" & starts looking down at his machine (hoping to find a fault or excuse for later on).
    Drew's stonking engine rails him up behind Williams & he passes him on the outside into the final sweeper, its the type of move made by the young & exuberant - however it sticks & he cuts back across the front wheel of Williams with inches to spare. (or so he thinks.....) . Williams saw the move early enough to shut the gas & run himself up a little wider in the corner & go for the supreme drive out of the corner. (once again taking advantage of the best god-damm rear shock absorber made in the entire univ.........that only spoilt rich fucks can afford.) Drew has to pay the price for his wide entry & starts to run wide from the apex & thus limits his ability to put down his prodigious horsepower (& talent) to the ground. Williams is apexing later & has it pinned to the stops. Williams sneaks the lead by a bike length on the exit & runs "un-intentionaly wide" to screw up Drews exit line, - but Drew's seen these sneaky tricks from Williams before & stays on the gas whilst riding the white line on the edge of the track with gay abandon. Drews 80hp is now paying back bigtime & he's hauling up on williams at a great rate of knots, The finish line looms & ....................................

The end of this story will be provided at some later date.
    Still waiting Glenn......
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Glen is a very good rider and drew sucks the arse of dead animals and also he is a shit rider so i dont see the point of this poll!
    Drew takes full advantage of his lighter weight & higher horsepower machine & gets the jump of the line at Manfield. At the same moment another silver K3 SV650 is spotted starting at the pitlane track entrance & tipping into the first corner (its Gary H, pulling a sneaky on the boys). Gary leades into the esses with drew 100m behind & Glen still incredibly trailing another 15 behind that after being sidetracked by drews missus standing on the outside of turn one & flashing him. Gary makes a hash of the infield left hander & Drew runs to far to the inside & looses the front on the white line. Fortunatly he is so full of pure & unadulterated talent (just like his brother) he manages to catch it on his knee for about a 20ft front end slidee. Williams sneaks up another 5mtrs on him. Gary H enters the hairpin but cant carry the corner speed because he's got both tyres fitted backwards (to save a few bucks). Drew & Williams get within 25mtrs of him. The sheer power of the Drew bike now takes control & he pulls most of this gap back on Gary by Higgins. The sly fox Williams has managed to catch Drews slipstream & Drew unbeknown has dragged Glens old arse along with him up the same straight. Drew goes for the big "up the inside pass" on Gary H into Higgins, but screws it up - because his mostly stock front forks bottom out & he skips past Gary & runs wide. (whilst up at the top of the corner - he takes the opportunity to check the trench that Jimmy dug there a few months ago in the dirt). Gary H, see's this as his opportunity & is already reading the headlines in the paper about his big win. The codgy old fart Williams is yet to make a mistake though & waits (for what seems an eternity) for Gary H to get on the gas (& get out of the way through Higgins) & then passes him easily on the inside exiting Higgins. (this is due to the sheer drive provided by the best god-damm shock absorber ever made in the entire known universe - The Trex Ohlins of course & has ABSOLUTLY nothing to do with rider abilty). In the meantime Drews wide line has actually allowed him to run a very quick high exit line & he blows by Gary H with smoke pouring of the rear tyre , whilst being sideways & on one wheel, + taking time to flick GaryH the bird.
    Williams has a 7 mtr lead out of higgins over Drew - whilst Gary with tears in his eyes "does a Biaggi" & starts looking down at his machine (hoping to find a fault or excuse for later on).
    Drew's stonking engine rails him up behind Williams & he passes him on the outside into the final sweeper, its the type of move made by the young & exuberant - however it sticks & he cuts back across the front wheel of Williams with inches to spare. (or so he thinks.....) . Williams saw the move early enough to shut the gas & run himself up a little wider in the corner & go for the supreme drive out of the corner. (once again taking advantage of the best god-damm rear shock absorber made in the entire univ.........that only spoilt rich fucks can afford.) Drew has to pay the price for his wide entry & starts to run wide from the apex & thus limits his ability to put down his prodigious horsepower (& talent) to the ground. Williams is apexing later & has it pinned to the stops. Williams sneaks the lead by a bike length on the exit & runs "un-intentionaly wide" to screw up Drews exit line, - but Drew's seen these sneaky tricks from Williams before & stays on the gas whilst riding the white line on the edge of the track with gay abandon. Drews 80hp is now paying back bigtime & he's hauling up on williams at a great rate of knots, The finish line looms & ....................................

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Poo's - are you back on the dole agian ?, I can only assume so as you have time to dredge up stuff this old.............

Bike
    All of them
    Nice dredge.

I say we hock 'em both, take the proceeds down sky city and let it ride on red long enough to buy a F4 1000.

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike

A ripping yarn !!! - Love it
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    None
    The best power, best handling, best rider and best reliability is the most preferable cocktail.

Theres more than an element of truth in Pirellis clever slogan ''power is nothing without control'' Having power and control is great.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    None
    An interesting sidebar to this thread is that we have now built in excess of 20 TTX36 for SV650s , on the strength of Glens request to custom build one in the first place. I am not aware of any other market in the world that uses these for racing SV650s, ( they dont exist in TTX format ex Ohlins for that model ) Having said all that we have a really good spec for the ''conventional '' Ohlins listing or donor Ohlins shocks from GSXRs etc, better again with the installation of a top out spring for more rear end stability under braking. Riders such as Rob Berrington Smith and Dean Bentley have been going well on the latest renditions of internal valving settings.
    In the States it will be predominantly Penske that is used and they do a few things in their designs that are quite clever. Does anyone know what is used in other markets that race SV650s?
    Development on the emulators has gone about as far as it can go and they definitely work a lot better if you ditch the stock damper rods and replace them with Traxxion rods. These rods are actually straight and are tighter toleranced so that there is rather less uncontrolled bleed. Its awful to look down a lot of forks and see just how badly aligned many damper rods are.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Got a couple of questions before I can comment:

1. what type of oil are they running - synthetic or dino?

2. what type of pies are we talking about here?

(OK just quietly I think bike A. will end up over the start line first due to superior cornering speeds, but if I'm honest I'd rather be entertained by 20 bike B's on the grid head-tossing and pulling wheelies to the end of the race!)

Thread Information