Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic weekend

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA

Talking Fantastic weekend

WOW, after all this rain I finally get out on the road !!!

Thanks to Coldkiwi, went on a great ride with a few other KB'ers. A bit cold and damp but missed the rain, geat ride except for a few muddy patches,( my poor clean bike ) but good fun.

Then the soon to be regular event, Mitch???, KB bbq. Great fun and enjoyed meeting a lot of posters. Sorry those that couldn't make it but a great idea. Mitch was a great hostess, looking rather glam without her leathers .

Then a great run with Spankme, Bluninja and Aff-man this afternoon. I must get the route from you Spank. My kind of road: fast sweepers, curves, a few great staights on perfect wide dry roads.

uno patito dalle motociclette italiane

Bike
    ZX636 Suzuki GSXR400
    I'd have to admit being a little apprehensive about inviting a bunch of people I hardly know or had never met to my place for a bbq, you guys put my mind to rest and I am definetly keen on making it a regulare event NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!! 

I'd like to thank HO-Hoon and Big Dog for their efforts on the bbq, Slim (you rock!!) Blu and KK for giving me a hand at 2 o'clock in the morning with the clean up and everyone else that showed up for making it the great evening that it was!!!

Spankme thank you for being responsible for bringing together a bloody fantastic group of people!!!!!!!!!!!!    

BB I always thought I looked better with my leathers and helmet on too hehehe 
    Power is nothing without control.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Ditto, to the above. Awesome weekend. Great to talk (and talk, and talk) with so many at the BBQ.  Nice gentle ride today on a great route removed all the kinks from the last week (and added a few to be removed by a long soak). Looking forward to the next ride, and BBQ, and Trackday with some fellow KBers.

BTW Mitch, how was the new bike and the off road experience??

TTFN
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Not many, if any
    F-ING great BBQ! i must say, it damned rocked, im thinking maybe a 3monthly one? 2 minimum tho - otherwise turnouts would suck etc.  But waht about a lunch this weekend just to get rid of excess food? honestly.. we went a bit over the top, but better more then less.

Now i must say, if not enough people read this i will make it its own thread, THANKS to 3 main people that have made this weekend (what im calling my 18th weekend) the best damned b-day weekend i could ever have, first: Slim, you is the organiser of the BBQ - fucking well done . second: Mitch, you are the one who risked it all and lost nothing, sombody had to and you had bigger balls then the rest of us it may seem -oh and about that leathers and helmet thing, i nearly made a smart comment, but i deleted it - im learning to play nice . Third: and possibly the best, FIREFIGHT(dave) mate, you fully made sunday. that rocked.  Not only did this dude supply me with a bike, of which to some of ur surprises i did not bin or anything, but he also gave me some of the basic tips/pointers/coaching i needed just to get the feel of the dirt again.  I must admit the last 3 years and 2 weeks (minimum, possibly more) of not at all touching dirt bikes, and learning street bikes has often seen me thinking in my head i was far better off on the dirt, and suck on street and cant get the hang of it, however after going out on the dirt today im thinking i am better off giving up totally! haha! if professional riding is what we are talking.. but luckily im not, so it was f-ing fun despite in the last blast we had (dave, myself, and 2x mates i used to ride with as a 12yo) me basically getting my arse kicked, i had the most fun just thinking in my own mind *argh they are only a corner ahead or so, im kinda keeping up* and everything seemed to flow the way i rememberd it.. or in a simple way.

Bloody great finally got home after going to mates place streight after woodhill and talking shit about it then going to work. i smell bad (as you all prolly now know) im tired (well nah im lieing, im gunna stay up for GP @ midnight) and i have a grin on my face writing all this   I just cant thank you all enuf, mostly Firefight for just being so straight up and handing me a bike, nobel man, and fire - you are garanteed a ride around pukekohe on the RVF400 once shes up and running, By the sounds of things you are likly to make the owner look stupid on it too (so on the quiet do you mind not showing me up too bad?)

heres to many more happy weekends in my life!

P.S on way thru gravel to woodhill my alloy Can fell off the GS1000, which when i got there FireFight Wired on with some high tensile fencing wire and its semi-lasted too, might just keep it like that - oh and just coming home @ 9pm my headlight switch (i think) stopped working so i rode like 15km in dark, with cars damn aiming for my legs! it was like playing Bull-Rush back @ skool days, i loved the rush

Bike
    CB1300
    Excellent party all. Don't really know who to thank as was not really involved in the beginning. It was cool to meet so many other easygoing people, and better still that nothing got trashed!

Ciao Big Dog.

Bike
    ZX636 Suzuki GSXR400
    Had a fantastic day out in the dirt Blu, was feeling a little bit second hand after getting to bed at 3am (oh dear....... must be getting old)    as always the later in the day it got the more fun I had and I managed to quit whilst I was ahead    lmao  Hardly crashed at all!!!!!!  IT'S TRUE

KK would love to have a lunch bbq as my freezer is bursting at the seams but I'm racing down at Manfield this weekend    Will do it in a couple of weeks time if everyone is keen.  Also was thinking if the weather is good we could have it at the end of a ride somewhere.  I don't mind loading the van up with everything needed and meeting you guys out at a beach or something.  Let me know what you think. 
    Power is nothing without control.

Bike
    2020 Honda Rebel 500
    Well I'm up for that!
    /end communication

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

Re the morning after

Hey Mitch , sorry I missed you, how was your ride?, there were over 300 riders at your event, and another 120 at the bike park itself, What did you think of the surface to ride on at your event as compared to the straight sand tracks at woodhill ?KK did really well in his return to off roading, and will be welcome to come out again, did you get a chance to draw some comparison between the two bikes you took out ?

cheers firefight

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    A very pleasant weekend, with the only disappointment for me being the failure to hook-up with CK and others for the pre-BBQ ride. Hey guys we need to sort out this "semi-punctuality" business!

A great BBQ - thanks to all involved especially Mitch. Really regretted having to leave so early. Enjoyed meeting all the KBers especially the infamous KK ( Logan, keep living life to the full!)

Sunday was great too, with a fairly laid-back Ulysses ride through the Waikato in spring-like weather - met another group of I think BMW riders coming the other way on some country road or other (I tend to end up geographically confused, just follow the rest of the pack). Coming back along the Tirau/Cambridge road heading north with the warm afternoon sun and almost deserted road and no cops was magic.

All in all a great weekend.

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    Wow. What a great weekend I had. It's been too long since I went to a biker BBQ - it was just fantastic seeing all those bikes parked in the driveway, and loads of guys wandering around in their leathers!

It was really great to put more faces with names, and as usual I know that I didn't meet everyone, but I'm sure future rideouts, trackdays and BBQs will sort that out.

Thanks to Mitch for the great venue, to the BBQers, to the supplier of the gas heater, and to all the attendees for making it such a relaxed, cruisy event. No stress, well almost no stress! I'm reasonably certain that KKs problem is that his mouth can't keep up with his brain, but I'm damn certain that when he finally shut up & listened, he learnt quite a bit of new stuff.

To all you peeps who couldn't stay past midnight, you missed out on quite a bit of skin-flashing!

Sunday was great too. I had intended to just "pop in for a look-see" at the family day at Woodhill with Mitch, and then go visiting family & friends around Auckland, but ended up staying all day. Beautiful. The sun was shining and I found a spot in the back of the van to relax with my book, while Mitch & others did all the hard work. Next time I will definitely take you up on that offer of a ride! I really wasn't alert enough & just quietly, had visions of broken limbs and hospital visits!

And I've made my best effort at helping Mitch with the clearing out of the leftovers! Dinner at hers before heading home last night was definitely a good idea.

Thanks again, everyone.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    CB1300
    Originally posted by Slim
    .....I'm reasonably certain that KKs problem is that his mouth can't keep up with his brain.........
    All gas no brakes huh? Or perhaps just home made ones.

Full credit where credit is due..... Of all the bikes there, no one was more proud of their bike than KK, or more willing to talk about it to anyone who even slowed down in passing. Made easier of course by the strategic placement of standing next to the food all night

Ciao, Big Dog

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Cheers to all for the weekend the bbq was cool (even if i had to leave early) and the riding i must have clocked up roughly 300km without even trying. But yeh the rides  except for a bit of water and mud on the saturday one + old rear tyre made for some interesting corners but i think i'm finally getting the whole riding a bike thing . Thanks to BB ,Blu and Spankme for the ride on sunday even if i was a bit underpowered in that company .

By the way mike punctuality and Ck or me for that matter really don't mix but the reason we were "held up" is as we were getting on bike it pissed down so we waited 10min and then it was clear sailing sorry for that though. 

Bike
    2000 Suzuki TL1000R
    Good times,

Awesome BBQ on Sat, thanks mitch for taking the risk & having it at ur place. KK and slim 4 organising it.

good turn out and good to talk to and put a face to so many of  the members.

left just before midnight but managed to catch the start of the skin show.

I was in such high spirits after a good night that I did not worry at all that I was home 4hrs late and the missus was pissed, even managed to clean my bike.

so is there going to be a X-mas KB BBQ?
    for no one on this earth can you trust,
    not men, not women, not beasts,

*lifts sword*, this you can trust
    Conan the Barbarian

Bike
    CB1300
    Skin show?Where are the pics posted

Seriously though where are the photo's I saw so many people taking with digicams?

Am I being blonde and their in the gallery?

Ciao, Big Dog.

Bike
    Ducati 400ss
    Had a great time, thank u Mitch, KK & everybody who came.

Just goes to show that KB is as friendly off the computer. Whens the next BBQ?

Thread Information