Page 826 of 920 FirstFirst ... 326726776816824825826827828836876 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,390 of 13786

Thread: Stupid World

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    One just needs to make up their mind if it is worth working for such a person.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Elon thinskin is at it again.
    Mr freedom of speech is now sacking staff for dissing him in private chats. What a fucking joke.
    At this point im quite certain he just purchased twitter in order to destroy it slowly, like pulling the wings off a fly.
    A weird dude to be sure.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work...78eec65b47f377

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Fuck, I hope he doesnt get posting on here!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Mr freedom of speech is now sacking staff for dissing him in private chats. What a fucking joke.
    At this point im quite certain he just purchased twitter in order to destroy it slowly, like pulling the wings off a fly.
    A weird dude to be sure.

When you've got a Cancerous growth, you've gotta cut it all out, or it will grow back.

Also, when it comes to Corporate, there is no such thing as a Private Chat, Corporate 101.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    A weird dude to be sure.

Yeah all freedom of speech until they point out he's wrong or say something he doesn't like....
    when you look through his messages he had to release as part of the twitter case, he like to surround himself with sycophants.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...dorsey/671619/

here is the full conversation, musk is a tosser
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Well as much as I think Elon's an idiot at times it's hardly surprising that one of the most driven individuals has high expectations of those around him and employed by him...
    I'm not sure if he's "driven" or just in need of professional help. Mental health professionals I mean.

He paid 44 Billion for a functioning business. The 44 Billion was considered too much for a business that had never made a profit, but he immediately crippled it. Currently the office is closed, staff can't access the building. Twitter may have only hours to go.

A New Zealand employment lawyer is quoted in todays paper as saying what Musk did at Twitter would not be legal in this country. Actually, much of what he's done is not legal in the US either.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I'm not sure if he's "driven" or just in need of professional help. Mental health professionals I mean.

He paid 44 Billion for a functioning business. The 44 Billion was considered too much for a business that had never made a profit, but he immediately crippled it. Currently the office is closed, staff can't access the building. Twitter may have only hours to go.

A New Zealand employment lawyer is quoted in todays paper as saying what Musk did at Twitter would not be legal in this country. Actually, much of what he's done is not legal in the US either.
    Musks plans for the business might not be so much about free speech as much as mining peoples info and using that to market his businesses
    Also

48% of Users Turn to Twitter to Get the Latest News#
    In the U.S., it turns out the main reason for using Twitter is to get news
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Musks plans for the business might not be so much about free speech as much as mining peoples info and using that to market his businesses
    Also
    There won't be anything to mine. Twitter was still up this morning when I checked so that's a win.

Here's a couple of worthy tweets:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 8.21.31 AM.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	351879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 8.23.22 AM.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	312.7 KB 
ID:	351880  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Honda

Different country, different laws, your not even entitled to annual leave so you have to negotiate holidays,

In the US, you don't need a reason to fire anyone, it's a true capitalist system or country.

When Twitter went public on the sharemarket in 2011ish it had around 1000 employees, when Musk purchased it, it had 7000, and still ran at a loss, I reckon less than 1000 can run the Twitter app, I use for business and trading , I find it's running slightly better? Will see.

He'll, when the previous CEO was appointed, he took 3 months of for maternal leave or something like that!

That place was a joke!!

I have purchased and sold businesses before, you come in, clean it out, break it up ,then sell it off, similar to what NZ wealthiest man does Grame Hart .

Also, he didn't spend 44billion , much of this came from other billionaire bros and investment firms

I look forward to Twitter destroying mainstream media and there left woke ideology sponsored politicians.

Oh what a day! What a glorious day!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy 4eva! View Post
    In the US, you don't need a reason to fire anyone, it's a true capitalist system or country.
    That's not true.

Each state has it's own laws. The broke arsed southern states have what they call "right to work" laws which basically means no unions. There you can be instantly fired for no reason. The civilised states require notice of redundancies, six weeks in California I think. Obviously that wasn't complied with.

Systems engineers etc are not fast food workers, there is the small matter of contracts. Many of the people at Twitter will be on contracts and their contracts will have clauses about notice of termination. None of which was compiled with.

Lawyers are already offering their services to the affected staff..

Musk's latest move was to offer long hours for no additional compensation, or termination with six weeks pay. He is probably shocked at the response. Many people are reportedly taking the money. Most of the Twitter crew have readily marketable skills with relevant experience, they shouldn't have too much trouble finding other work.

Bike
    Honda
    That's not true.

Each state has it's own laws. The broke arsed southern states have what they call "right to work" laws which basically means no unions. There you can be instantly fired for no reason. The civilised states require notice of redundancies, six weeks in California I think. Obviously that wasn't complied with.

Systems engineers etc are not fast food workers, there is the small matter of contracts. Many of the people at Twitter will be on contracts and their contracts will have clauses about notice of termination. None of which was compiled with.

Lawyers are already offering their services to the affected staff..

Musk's latest move was to offer long hours for no additional compensation, or termination with six weeks pay. He is probably shocked at the response. Many people are reportedly taking the money. Most of the Twitter crew have readily marketable skills with relevant experience, they shouldn't have too much trouble finding other work.
    Contracts were with the previous ownership, when you take over a company you rehire then rewrite a new contract, you start with a clean slate,it's a standard business take over what Musk is doing, I personally don't understand the uproar, many in NZ would have been through this process as an employee .

I can understand why the mainstream media is in an uproar, even Mike Hosking, there industry is under threat, this guy is destroying the internal combustion engine, landing rockets after shooting them into space, I'd be concerned if I was in the media industry.

As for long hours, it's expected if you work in any of his 4 companies that are worth multiple billions, If you don't want to work hard towards a goal, like he said, take 3 months pay and all the best.

He runs all these multi billion dollar companies, I think he knows what he's doing,

Just my own personal thoughts..

Bike
    husaberg
    There won't be anything to mine. Twitter was still up this morning when I checked so that's a win.

Here's a couple of worthy tweets:
    Shame the ragan campain never took trump to court

I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Most didn’t “work” much anyway....

Some of them were doing a total of four hours a week of actual work. The rest were doing right around 12. When told to do an actual 40, they could not handle it. The media is saying Twitter will die now but I disagree, because at 12 hours, 3.3 employees = 1 and at 4 hours, 10 employees = 1. that means that even if all employees put in a legit 12 hours Musk could cut 70.7 percent of the staff, receive a legit 40 from the rest and come out the same. When an enormous pile were doing even less than that, the 87 percent loss of staff (total) that resulted from the walkout could be made up for by having the remaining 13 percent work a little overtime. Humanity does not suck sufficiently for that to not work, 10 percent will be decent no matter what.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy 4eva! View Post

He runs all these multi billion dollar companies, I think he knows what he's doing,

Just my own personal thoughts..
    That's one view. My view is that he's a narcissistic spoiled rich kid playing with daddies money.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    That's one view. My view is that he's a narcissistic spoiled rich kid playing with daddies money.
    And his daddy is LKlaus Schwab.... Electric Jesus is a student of the World Economic Forum, he's shady alright.
    All this comes at a time after the failed experiment of Greta Thugberg trying to cause uprisings over climate change.
    Twitter will now front the move towards the grave new world of cashless society, owning nothing, staying at home being a slave to the machine. None of the new green agendas are workable without massive restrictions on our lifestyle choices.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information