Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most expensive Hyobag

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama

Most expensive Hyobag

Would you fork out 17K for a Hyobag?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/mo...osung-flagship
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    They are unbelievably popular in the states,
    Its only 12k without the add ons.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/mo...osung-flagship
    they are pretty good bikes, from what ive read.

This isn't a bad bike as budget-minded cruisers go, especially when bought in a simpler $12,995 base-model form, which deletes the $4000 worth of questionable accessories in the Deluxe edition.

The $4000 buys floorboards for the rider instead of footpegs, top-hinged panniers, pillion accommodation in the form of a sissy bar with backrest and footrests, chromed engine guards, a handlebar-mounted windscreen, and a heel-toe gearshifter

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    They are unbelievably popular in the states,
    Its only 12k without the add ons.
    But are those addons worth the extra 4K?

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    But are those addons worth the extra 4K?
    You can buy the parts OEM for next to nothing, you would be better off buying the base bike then doing the add ons yourself,

But I think the 'deluxe' option is aimed at the, occasional sunny day image biker.

Off the top of my head (could be miles wrong), the engine is the same as the GT/GV650 except it has been bored out to give it the 700cc capacity giving it more low end torque and more of a 'Cruiser experience'

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    You can buy the parts OEM for next to nothing, you would be better off buying the base bike then doing the add ons yourself,

But I think the 'deluxe' option is aimed at the, occasional sunny day image biker.

Off the top of my head (could be miles wrong), the engine is the same as the GT/GV650 except it has been bored out to give it the 700cc capacity giving it more low end torque and more of a 'Cruiser experience'
    The ST7's 682cc 90-degree V-twin engine is essentially the Aquila 650's fuel-injected unit given slightly larger diameter pistons. It runs a relatively high 11.5:1 compression ratio that requires a diet of premium-grade fuel, and results in surprisingly good performance for a cruiser-oriented engine of modest capacity.

Bike
    Chaosrider would.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    The ST7's 682cc 90-degree V-twin engine is essentially the Aquila 650's fuel-injected unit given slightly larger diameter pistons. It runs a relatively high 11.5:1 compression ratio that requires a diet of premium-grade fuel, and results in surprisingly good performance for a cruiser-oriented engine of modest capacity.
    Well there you have it.

But I suppose to answer the original post,

$14k for a Modern brand new fuel injected Cruiser with extras, probably isnt all that bad of a price IF thats what your into and looking for.
    But then again you could go second hand and get the likes of a 2010 Suzuki Boulevard M90 for 13ish, or if you wanted the same sort of capacity maybe a 2010 Suzuki VZ800 for what 10 or 11k second hand, still late model low km bikes.

I think hyo have made good sales on these bikes in the States and I think South America too where they are sold and re-branded as K something a rather.. but I dont think they will sell so well here, 14k here is ALOT of money, and the name and the shame that the brand Hyosung still hold is a bit excessive for someone to blow 14k on, Thats my opinion anyway, I guess there is always someone better off as someone else and they may just take the risk.

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender EnZed View Post
    Chaosrider would.
    With another 1k to spend on neons and led's

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    With another 1k to spend on neons and led's
    Thats ALOT of lighting haha

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Well there you have it.

But I suppose to answer the original post,

$14k for a Modern brand new fuel injected Cruiser with extras, probably isnt all that bad of a price IF thats what your into and looking for.
    But then again you could go second hand and get the likes of a 2010 Suzuki Boulevard M90 for 13ish, or if you wanted the same sort of capacity maybe a 2010 Suzuki VZ800 for what 10 or 11k second hand, still late model low km bikes.

I think hyo have made good sales on these bikes in the States and I think South America too where they are sold and re-branded as K something a rather.. but I dont think they will sell so well here, 14k here is ALOT of money, and the name and the shame that the brand Hyosung still hold is a bit excessive for someone to blow 14k on, Thats my opinion anyway, I guess there is always someone better off as someone else and they may just take the risk.
    Base model is 12.9K and wih full extras you pay 16.9K
    The argument I guess is that for 14.9K you can get a Harley Sporty 1200. So I guess my next question would be how much better the full options Hyo is to the Sporty, or if we look at the base model Hyo, would you pay extra 2K and get a Sporty 1200 ?

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Base model is 12.9K and wih full extras you pay 16.9K
    The argument I guess is that for 14.9K you can get a Harley Sporty 1200. So I guess my next question would be how much better the full options Hyo is to the Sporty, or if we look at the base model Hyo, would you pay extra 2K and get a Sporty 1200 ?
    is the ST7 LAMS aproved? or will it be I should say

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    is the ST7 LAMS aproved? or will it be I should say
    Don't know that sorry

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Don't know that sorry
    If it or will be a Lams approved bike then it would be more desired than a 1200 sporty by newer riders, or people looking to step up.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    If it or will be a Lams approved bike then it would be more desired than a 1200 sporty by newer riders, or people looking to step up.
    My only argument on that (even tho piss poor) would be the image. I mean Harley Davidson vs Hyosung. err, some would make it an easy choice, even if misinformed. I guess comparing to HD, Hyosung is not exactly a household name. but then again some will argue that even HD can be a bag of shite, so I guess they could be seen in even league. hehe

Thread Information