Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangi da Munta.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I'll go have a look in the lunchtime if I remember, it's just around the corner from me, whatever they call themselves.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    My tank doesn't seem to be chucking out as much rust and crap as it did and the filter I have picks up the rest, so not sure I need to go through the POR treatment.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    ok I'll go price it up for giggles. I'm in no rush myself.

My experience has been that once they start rusting they keep doing so & that filters strain the big bits out but the silt gets through & reforms into bigger bits in the bowls after a while. If you regularly clean the bowl & keep an eye on it you may be fine.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    The POR tank sealer is enought to do several small tanks, I did a 10 gallon Kombi one and it works well, and lots left over.
    If tank is rusty you will need the metal ready POR product.
    For light rust, put in a handfull of very small nuts and swirl them around, removes lots ot light rust.
    Colorworks here in Auckland are the POR 15 agents.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah I dropped in on Road & Track (down from Pack & Slave). $135, hmm yeah thought so, it's the Car one. . . . - Oh hold on, to the left the Motorcycle one is $72.50. Seems fair. Rated for 20l tank which will do two buckets easy, last time I used a car one, or rather 1/4 of a car one a friend had.

As I said I don't have plans to do my Stinger tank yet (I saw it the other day) but if feel like sharing later on it'll be cool.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Cool. We know where it is when (or if) we decide yo swish our tanks (unless someone else with a shitty gritty tank comes along and wants to go halves).

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries

Last points round 2009

I had a mixed day. I wanted to go out, go hard and fall off today, and as much as my friend Mudflaps tried to help me out with that by ramming into my exhaust, sadly I didn't even know he'd hit me until my footpeg went floppy and I looked over my sholder to see Dave splattered on the track. So after the boys took pity on me and built me a new footrest out of wire and cable ties (in true bucket style) I was back out on the track.
    Alas Rangi was sulking at being used as a rudder and started playing up. Sketchy took him for a ride and diagnoised it as a coil issue. Unfortunately for him his bike had already spat the dummy so we decided to rape and pilage. So between races I got the new coil in and back onto the track. Still managed last but Rangi was running a bit better. Sketchy took him out for a race in A grade and then I went out again. Stalled on the starting line and couldn't get him started again, so missed most of the practice race. Same happened in the last points race also and I thought I'd have to sit out a points race for the first time this year. However as I was pushing Rangi back to the pits I stopped and turned around in time to see carnage at the far end of the track and the red flag out. (Poor Skunk's bad luck was my good fortune!) "Ow ow!!" I thought and managed to get Rangi started again and out we went to start the last race. Had to keep the revs up to stop from stalling but we started and finished. Poor sick Rangi! Some work to be done to make the poor little sick Maori feel better, but he's a tough little two smoker and he'll be back!!
    Anyway, I still had fun and enjoyed the day in the sun!

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries

Trrs 2009

So had a few repairs to do on Rangi after being crashed during the endurance race the month before, also had to replace the righthand side footpeg hanger from being snapped from another accident (thanks for the loaner Sully) and general maintenance stuff and changing gearing for the longer track.
    So with all that done and dusted and an uneventful and slow trip to Taupo in the van, we were set for two days of racing. First day the Bucket class (with what looked like a full field) got two practice sessions in for the day. Rangi was running good apart from top gear slippage along the back straight occasionally.
    Second day and rain was predicted, but lucky for us the track managed to dry out from each shower before we hit the track. I was feeling comfortable on Rangi and it felt good to let him stretch his wee legs a bit on a bigger track. Was a little tentative about being carved up and knocked off like I had been last year, so often spent a bit of time riding listening for lapping riders and trying to stay in the middle of the track so they could pass me on either side (which they did, Rangi Sandwich anyone?)
    I came consistently last, but I was just happy to be out there having fun and learning some new tricks, I didn't fall off or blow up or break anything so basicaly I achieved what I wanted.
    I'll be back next year to give it another go!!

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Cool stuff!!! I take it you are home then?!

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    Cool stuff!!! I take it you are home then?!
    Aye! That we are.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries

Easter buckets at Kaitoke

Just some photos courtesy of Her-B4, thanks Chrissie!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7900_500pxl..jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	203251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7975_500pxl..jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	203252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7842_500pxl..jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	203253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7992_500pxl..jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	203254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7823_500pxl..jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	203255  

Bike
    Black Ninja
    awesome pics there Trudes, looks like you were having a fine time. Well done, looking good!

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    All credit to Chrissie, she made me look fast in those pics! I'm slower than a wet week, being lapped by 14 year olds and generally giving everyone passing practice, but still having fun.

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    YOU too modest and tough on yourself.

Noice pics too looking good out there

Bike
    Hornet 900
    That pass you put on Fish up the inside in the first photo was awesome.

Thread Information