Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern Gravel Adventure Riding Club

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    [QUOTE=Shewolf;1130189860]a few clips from yesterdays ride. Bike fell over onto helmet and camera - scratched the housing so naff qual, hopefully it will buff out!

Ditto. Copped a few branches last time I was out on Krusty. I've buffed & buffed to no avail too. Looks like ewes is all having fun.

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries

"feb 18th/19th - baylys beach/poutu point adventure ride weekend"

FEB 18TH/19TH - BAYLYS BEACH/POUTU POINT

Ride commences Sat mng 18th Feb from Dargaville based area

You may choose to be at Dargaville on the Fri night for early mng Sat start, or you may ride and be present at start time on Sat mng.

PLANNED ACCOMMODATION:
    http://www.kauricoasttop10.co.nz/kau...argaville.html
    Cabins and tent sites available for this weekend

Ride commences Sat mng with gravel roads/forestry road and also beach run.

PLANNED BBQ COOKIE-UP ON SAT NIGHT:
    All attending this ride to bring shared food for BBQ cook up dinner sat night and also beverages you require also. Could be sausages/meat selection and also salad,bread, sauce etc. any food items for a SHARED cook up on our sat night. Breakfast on Sun mng can also be a cook up in the camp kitchens, we will need bacon, eggs, bread, marg, sauce etc for brekkie cook up also before we hit the road on our Sun.

- Pillions and partners most welcome, we have these in attendance and family members most welcome.

- Support vehicles on hand at the meet up point of our ride to take food supplies and B Y O supplies over to the accomm.
    Plse name all supplies.
    - Options available for scenic viewing available for those attending also on YOUR saturday. You will have company so please
    come along.
    - Road riders also welcome. We have a ride leader to take you out and about on the saturday and view attractions over your
    day also.

On the sun, any who wish we have a scenic place of interest to go visit before we all depart for home. This place offers another light play area for the mng also. For those "camera' snappy" you will NOT want to miss this place.
    As with our rides to date, we will look to have two ride routes happening.

Any who wish to ride on the sand, and are unsure of "HOW TO", we willl get "ALLL BIKES" onto the sand for the start of the beach run. So if you wish to give this a go, you willl be looked after by experienced riders who will show you "How It Is Done" and will assist. This will be a team effort for allll.

Tyre Choice: If intending to tackle the "BEACH RUN" yes TKC80's a good choice. Any further tyre choices for YOUR individual bikes plse contact Ian at Cycle Treads and plse mention Gravel Riders Club. If just riding the gravel road and forestry road section dual purpose tyres perfect. Plse fuel up bikes to full capacity at Dargaville prior to the commencement of this ride.

Ride Fee applies for this ride
    $5 club members and $20 non club members

ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS: I have just spoken to the manageress of this TOP 10 Holiday Park. I have 30 beds available for this ride. The arrangement to hand is the pricing of the units to sleep 30 people will be added and this total divided by the number of people in attendance. So if you wish to have first pick at the arrangements, plse contact Kauri Coast Top 10 Holiday Park to register your interest. Mention Gravel Riders Weekend. Email is preferred method for YOUR accommodation. Email kauricoast.top10@xtra.co.nz and ATTN: HEATHER (camp manageress) Those booking early will get their preference on sleeping arrangements. WE are looking to utilise alll 30 beds to get a standard rate across the board for alll. So if you know others, make your bookings together to ulitilse all beds in each unit. We will alll pay the same accomm amount across the board, so if 30 beds are filled then same rate applies and will be discounted also. Will work out good for us alll.
    Accomm will be first in first served. Tent sites are also available for any wishing to camp overnight either on the Fri or The Sat.

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries

Northern gravel adventure riders club

Wow since May of this year, our club has come ahead well.

The start of the New Year is nearly upon us and we will make a name change for our club.

AKD GRAVEL ADVENTURE RIDERS CLUB will become NORTHERN GRAVEL ADVENTURE RIDERS CLUB as of the end of this week.

If you are interested in our rides and what we have up and coming for the 2012 - 2013 year, look up what we have pencilled in
    We use facebook as our club page, and I have made two pages, one is our CLUB MEM page and this is our closed and secret posting group available for all club members to post into. Non members will not see what is posted inside this page. Interested in joining us, send a frend request and I will add you to this group. WE will become an official club as at the end of Jan 2012. All members will be sent a club member application form to fill in and post back to me. Club membership will run for 12 months thru to the end of Jan 2013.

High on the list for our new official membership club will be obtaining a forestry permit. We will purchase one as soon as funds allow. They don't come cheap. We will then look to host our very own adventure rides in various forests around the country. WE also have a number of weekend away rides planned for the 2012 year. Some unique to us and will also be hosted by me personally. We have a number of highly experienced road and enduro/adventure riders amongst our members and as such we will also look to hold our very own gravel road riding training. WE are planning on holding these every three months in varying locations. Interest has also been high for new ride leaders. We will look to have a number of one day rides both out South and out West. We will rotate our ride areas also along with our new ride leaders.

To keep your link open if you use facebook click on the http:// link at the top of your facebook page when your club page is open. Click copy and then click on the STAR to the top right of your screen. Click ADD to ADD this link to your favourites. It will be on tap and available to you at any time without the need to key it in constantly.

Sue D happy riding over the coming Xmas and New Year season.

Bike
    74 750GT, KDX200

Facebook Allergic

And if we do not have nor want a Facebook page how do we join and/or find out wotzon? Is there another option?

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries

email to club secretary please for membership details

Sorry we use facebook. As club secretary I am taking membership requests and I do also mail people each month
    with what is happening also.

Our facebook page is our window to the outside world.

You can contact club secretary: steelmaiden1250@hotmail.com for a membership form and to register your interest, I will add you
    to my club membership mailing list on return email from you. You can also pm me here on K Biker site.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes f book can be a pain also to maintain. Email is direct link to alll as well as, along with pm here on the Kiwi Biker site. We re now having sponsors etc wishing us to use facebook and to work in with them also. So we do need a page; Websites are also expensive. Later when we get further with our new club we may be able to have a club website. But in the meantime plse either pm me or email me and I will add you to our mem list. The membership forms will be posted out after Xmas and New Yeal hols. You can fill these out and mail them back to me. We now have a new treasurer also who will handle our accounts for us. So that is fantastic news. Thanks for your interest. This club is going to be a success for alll of us. Membership cards will also be mailed by return to you also.

Sue
    New name end of this week NORTHERN GRAVEL ADVENTURE RIDERS CLUB

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries

Chris Birch rides Mohaka on the mighty 950cc KTM adventure bike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OT3olgpdaGQ

Chris just makes it allll look so easy

From Dakar/ The Roof of Africa - Chris is seen here riding the KTM950 big adventure bike through the Mohaka region of the North Island

Excellent viewing

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries

Akd Gravel Adventure Riding Club

UPCOMING CHRIS BIRCH RIDE THIS SUNDAY THE 18TH

Yes our members will be attending the Birchie ride on this Sunday the 18th

Team orange will be in attendance

CHRIS IS BACK and we are ON.....................Coming to a small township of Waimauku this Sunday the 18th - VENUE: 148 Waikuku Valley Road, TIME: 9am, Come and ride.............. Chris presents to us 'Playtime In The Valley' Chris will lead an organised ride and two routes will be running. Snacks provided for you, and expect to end your day 3 - 4pm. Wanting to 'mix it up' with our champ, lets help support Chris Birch with a small donation, no matter how big or small and lets get Chris on hiis way to DAKAR. Chris leaves N.Z. again very soon in a couple of weeks only, so come meet and great him.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
    Chris just makes it allll look so easy
    I'm getting better at watching vids now, I only had anxiety attacks on a couple of corners.

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries

Easy Rider makes it look toooo easy

The Big 950cc Team OJ does it alll so wellll I can't wait to see Chris in action at the weekend I mean if I see him in action, I may be missing in action, or taken out more like it. I think I would only be viewing the mud splats from those back wheels. He is a force to be reckoned with, and we will be following his progress on a daily basis over the upcoming DAKAR season. It is all so very exciting. I mean I can't remember a Xmas ever being THIS exciting. So very much to look forwards to. He is an amazing athlete and just a general alll rounder all rolled in together. I forgot to also say he is one hell of a nice guy. Does it get any better LOL

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    I'm getting better at watching vids now, I only had anxiety attacks on a couple of corners.
    Get those viewing specs of yours on, I feel many more vids coming YOUR ways. (Since you are enjoying it alll so much, well why stop when I am having so much fun)???? I will ATTEMPT to give you a much needed rest over the xmas hol season, but be prepared for m o r e afterwards. I know you will be disappointed if i DID NOT keep up the extremely good work

More.............. hmmmmmmm what can I post up next to keep you amused??????????

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
    Get those viewing specs of yours on, I feel many more vids coming YOUR ways. (Since you are enjoying it alll so much, well why stop when I am having so much fun)???? I will ATTEMPT to give you a much needed rest over the xmas hol season, but be prepared for m o r e afterwards. I know you will be disappointed if i DID NOT keep up the extremely good work

More.............. hmmmmmmm what can I post up next to keep you amused??????????
    Wait, sorry I am back, I simply could not help myself I am now running on overload syndrome.......... watch for more epic VIDS up and coming, we have a new 950cc ADVENT KTM joining in our ranks for the new season. Phew where this man DOES not go on this bike, will make for excellent viewing, if you ARE ALLLL VERY good I just may be tempted to post up a pic for you to view hmmm maybe next week, I will title this [SIZE=5]WHO DOES SUZIEQ MEET ON THE SIDE OF THAT ROAD[/SIZE]????? you know I am now building up quite a selection under this caption title.......... Will I keep you intrigued until next weeek????....... some arm twisting needed here and I may be swayed to post a tempter before next weeeeeeeeek

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries

"JUST THE CURE FOR THAT ALLERGIC REACTION-primetime viewing coming to a site near you

Quote Originally Posted by Team Buffoon View Post
    And if we do not have nor want a Facebook page how do we join and/or find out wotzon? Is there another option?
    DON'T WORRY I WILL SOON FIX THAT, SUZIEQ IS COMING THRU FOR YOU...... I WILL NOW SPEND MY TIME CORRECTING THIS ALERGIC REACTION FOR YOU, AND i will now spend qualtiy time right here for you all as welllll as. This is the site where the fun never stops, well nor do I basically I will endeavour to keep you updated and (hopefully AMUSED right here on prime time viewing also, WATCH THIS SPACE

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries

Feb 18th/19th poutu/baylys beach run

WANT IT??????? SAND/BEACH/FORESTRY/GRAVEL

ACCOMM = Book yours now,,,,,,, 15 beds gone so far, and Xmas not even upon us yet........ so promises to be a goodie

http://bmwor.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,2544.0.html

I Hope you guys can coook it as well as you can ride it All very good to flick that gravel and soft stuff over the day, but
    you also need to help serve it up at the end of the day. Communal bbq on tap and yes, B Y O is on with the liquid stuff
    at the end of the day also.

So get YOUR beds booked now........... bring your bollie and a few slabs of the protein variety and come meet and great us

Vehicle in atendance to take supplies out to accom. It is looking like another goodie.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Step away from the amphetamines...

Bike
    BMW GS650 2010
    Blog Entries

Upcoming Rides - Sunday 18th Chris Birch Ride

TEAM KTM in attendance Watch this...............

Thread Information