Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 MV Agusta F3 will be a 600cc triple

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit250 View Post
    Funny how people are quick to put down something they don't own.
    And we laughed, and laughed.

Mine's never missed a beat
    S'coz you don't ride it properly bro.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    It was made to be fast, put it on a track
    - mikey

Bike
    MV Agusta
    Don't ride it properly? And you came to this conclusion how? does your bike normally pack up and die if you ride it to the edge?

Sorry I didn't quite understand the second posting from you, perhaps you could elaborate?

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    does your bike normally pack up and die if you ride it to the edge?
    No, on account of it's not an MV Agusta.

Sorry I didn't quite understand the second posting from you, perhaps you could elaborate?
    It's dipping sauce, bro. Good for you.
    - mikey

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwifruit View Post
    you win!
    Touché!

10ch
    Last edited by EJK; 14th December 2010 at 21:29. Reason: </10char> don't fucking work now. wtf man? wtf?!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    MV Agusta
    You have never had the pleasure of owning an MV have you?

One day you should, even if you get the chance just to ride one, take it up, it brings a whole new world to motorcycling as far as the thrill, like owning your first bike all over again. I still don't understand why people bang on about reliability, they are on par with any well made Japanese motorcycle, sure they all have problems, what vehicle does not? but they are not lacking in reliability.

I still don't get the dipping sauce thing sorry, go ahead and laugh, I will too, but could you explain?

Bike
    MV Agusta
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Touché!

10ch
    I win? huh? I don't get it?

BTW with the pic of the F4 earlier, whose is that one? Its disgusting what they did with the tail end pipes, lol

Bike
    S1000RR
    I win? huh? I don't get it?

BTW with the pic of the F4 earlier, whose is that one? Its disgusting what they did with the tail end pipes, lol
    Question: How old are you? Also, that F4 was KiwiFruit's I belive.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    HONDA EXPRESS
    You have never had the pleasure of owning an MV have you?

One day you should, even if you get the chance just to ride one, take it up, it brings a whole new world to motorcycling as far as the thrill, like owning your first bike all over again. I still don't understand why people bang on about reliability, they are on par with any well made Japanese motorcycle, sure they all have problems, what vehicle does not? but they are not lacking in reliability.
    Yes, I did have one, worst bike I've owned. It was totally unreliable and not suitable for actually riding anywhere without a support crew. Electrics failed numerous times, on the go or if i was lucky before i left the house. It ran too hot (poorly designed cooling system - more of an after thought than anything), on a warm day it couldn't idle for more than a few minutes without getting REALLY hot. The radiator was held on with two mounts at the top only (poor design causing fail at anything other than a pootle to the cafe...). It misted oil out of the covers when worked "hard". Pretty bits flew off it.

When it was going (approx 50% of the time) it was nice to ride. Had as much power as any other stock 1000 if it was in the right place in the rev range. When it was on song it was like being aboard an old aircraft - "is this thing gonna blow!".

Didn't handle as well as stock jap bike. Hard to do anything with the rear shock without replacing it with something completely different.

It did look good in the lounge. Sounded nice.

cowpoos kicked it one night! I nearly cried.

Have you had your MV on the track Kermit250? I understand you defending the brand, they are "choice" but I don't think they are actually any good at being a usable motorcycle. A stationary piece of art rather than art in motion.

www.PhotoRecall.co.nz

Bike
    MV Agusta
    My apologies first for insulting your tailpipes, didn't realise it was your bike, obviously just not my style. I'm quite blown away, I guess my argument for reliability is now invalid, personally I haven't heard of that at all, the earlier 1000's for running warm, but nothing catastrophic or anything.

Yes I have put mine on the track, admittedly not racing, but on open days. That is where I found it really shines! suspension wise, its easy to mess up, lots of adjust-ability is provided (have stuffed my settings up before)

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    My apologies first for insulting your tailpipes
    What don't you like about them? Any why apologise? You either like them or you don't. Stop being a pussy.

They were an official MV Agusta 'race' accessory.

They sounded a lot better than the stock ones. Real fucking horny. The bike's previous owner fitted them.

One of them was loose, and wobbled. We all eventually realised that this was par for the MV Agusta course.

I rode my motorbike around a racetrack quite slowly. It was all relatively new to me, and very exciting. I told myself that this meant that my motorbike was awesome.
    You might want to be careful about turning up on this forum and making assertions like that.

Your motorcycle is fine for pottering around on and looking at. (Pottering around on a racetrack is still pottering around.)

But the MV Agusta F4s have design issues that make them unsuitable for being ridden in the way that a number of members of this forum like to ride their motorcycles. F4s are fragile flowers.

Nothing wrong with riding a fragile flower. They can be made to work with some general care and attention (rewiring most of the electrics, welding bracing around the radiator so that it doesn't fall off, glueing down of various body parts that fly off if you go faster than 280kph indicated, etc).

Or, of course, you can just ride within their limitations, which one imagines that you have done to date.

Best, though, that you not get people's backs up by turning up on the internets and claiming that your fragile flower goes better than a Japanese racebike.

The dipping sauce is for your chicken strips.
    - mikey

Bike
    Ducati Mostro

Also note that an Italian manufacturer is at the top?
    Yep I noted that....

it's a real cunt they are dropping out from the superbikes... damn fools!
    DUCATI ------- A real bike in a sea of shit!

Bike
    MV Agusta
    First of all I apologised as I was trying to be polite, "treat others as you wish to be treated" can go a long way.

Interesting the assumptions that come out. You have never met me, or seen how I ride, admittedly there is a time and a place for all sorts of riding, but it really is quite childish to try to put down somebody because you feel you are losing an argument.

I propose an agree to disagree:

In my opinion MV's are better, however in your opinion, a Japanese bike is better. We will not be able to convince each other otherwise.

You warn of making statements like I did? Perhaps you fail to realise that we are within an MV thread at the moment? Maybe you should take your own advice.

Anyway we have hijacked this thread; back to the F3:

I think it will be very interesting to see how this plays out against the competition (675 daytona?). Also good to see MV spreading out further into the market

Bike
    MV Agusta
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheeldrifter View Post
    Yep I noted that....

it's a real cunt they are dropping out from the superbikes... damn fools!

Yeah that does suck, not the biggest fan of the ol' Ducati, but it was good to see some decent variation shaking up the competition!

Bike
    Bikes!
    lol congrats, we just started a pissing match
    You're right, and it is indeed a waste of time. All I've got to say is yes MVs are lovely bikes to look at, I'm just dissappointed that they didn't give us something new and beautiful this time around; just something dated.

It would be fair to say that I expect a lot more from them in the styling department than other marques, but when they hold themselves up as being the styling gods, I think that's fair. I was expecting something that was a on a higher level than the 675, but instead got an F4 rehash with Poseidons trident hanging off the side.

Thread Information