Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Moto 3 in NZ

Bike
    89 zxr400
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    yip l will be there think l should change my name to burn out crazy man
    im more intrested in when it turns to burnt out crazy man... ive still got more for you to do
    Growin' up as a kid, always thinkin', you know If I could ever just race motorcycles and make a living that would be the coolest thing know to mankind.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    Dont WANT to change Superlite rules, Dont NEED to, as the 450 single idea already fits neatly into the rules as written .... all it will take is for more people to DO it ( build and race one - heaps of retards out there, just lower them and bung bodywork and rearsets on )
    Yeah I don't know why there aren't lots of them already. I was seriously looking at getting a chook chaser (either a CRF450 or a Husaberg FS650) and doing exactly that until I got my hands on the CBR.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Yeah I don't know why there aren't lots of them already. I was seriously looking at getting a chook chaser (either a CRF450 or a Husaberg 650) and doing exactly that until I got my hands on the CBR.
    Pretty simple - no-one wants to be the leader, all prefer to be led, and are looking for "someone" to produce a turnkey bike, then they can bitch about the price and complain that they cant get a "sponsor" to pay for it for them, all "so unfair"

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    Pretty simple - no-one wants to be the leader, all prefer to be led, and are looking for "someone" to produce a turnkey bike, then they can bitch about the price and complain that they cant get a "sponsor" to pay for it for them, all "so unfair"
    Other classes maybe but I wouldn't have thought F3 was the place for follow the leader types. Honestly, if I'd found a Husaberg at a good price I'd have gone that way. Nothing wrong with a 60+hp/95-100kg thumper.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    still counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Other classes maybe but I wouldn't have thought F3 was the place for follow the leader types. Honestly, if I'd found a Husaberg at a good price I'd have gone that way. Nothing wrong with a 60+hp/95-100kg thumper.
    quite agree, thats why I'm pushing for it ...... sorry, cynicism sandwich for dinner

Bike
    Rolls Royce RB211
    Quote Originally Posted by SWERVE View Post
    But would like to see a more defined path of classes/rules for higher level competition.
    Couldn't agree more Merv, I think this is one of the biggest issues within our sport. There is no clear defined path for up and coming riders, no concentration of talent to maximise competition and fast track talent. Until this is addressed, running Moto3 or Buckets or GP125 or Protwins is a moot point. Once they are ready to move on they'll all drift away into different classes and you're left wondering what's the point?

And Good luck with your Superbike idea. Most kids up our way would rather race an F2 bike for the extra track time. So much for dreaming big eh?

Bike
    BMW
    I was talking to a guy at MX today I used to race with. His 13 yo is now No3 in NZ and I was trying to talk him into RR. He asked me what class he would start in, to be honest I wasnt really sure what to say....

I said 125 but its not like he can go out and buy a new 125 for his son to race

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    Couldn't agree more Merv, I think this is one of the biggest issues within our sport. There is no clear defined path for up and coming riders, no concentration of talent to maximise competition and fast track talent. Until this is addressed, running Moto3 or Buckets or GP125 or Protwins is a moot point. Once they are ready to move on they'll all drift away into different classes and you're left wondering what's the point?

And Good luck with your Superbike idea. Most kids up our way would rather race an F2 bike for the extra track time. So much for dreaming big eh?
    I take it you didnt read what I typed ..again ,m, and again and again

in summary

no clear path from start to to , with no clear out comes

moto3 , engine
    moto2 chassis
    motogp prototype

even in this short summary , engineers AND riders ( you forgot it was a team effort ) you can see a complete career path

no let me add this , I as a product producer , NEED ( and am willing to pay) for feed back to quantify my designs

not happening in NZ ( as far as I can see)

MX , sure kids , 125,250......clear path AND cheap (ish)

Road racing ... ,,yes well ( I haven’t seen it yet )

You ain’t going to be on the world stage until you MOVE to the world stage

Buckets , Honestly is a untapped area , that is sadly under promoted , clean it up , add a touch of professionalism and that is a diamond d right there , a pure win win ,,,,

Stephen

now sod off and let me get pissed
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    Buckets , Honestly is a untapped area , that is sadly under promoted , clean it up , add a touch of professionalism and that is a diamond d right there , a pure win win ,,,,

Stephen

now sod off and let me get pissed
    Buckets is slick, and biggest rr class in NZ. Wot you talking about Willis?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    I was talking to a guy at MX today I used to race with. His 13 yo is now No3 in NZ and I was trying to talk him into RR. He asked me what class he would start in, to be honest I wasnt really sure what to say....

I said 125 but its not like he can go out and buy a new 125 for his son to race
    that has always been the problem with Road Racing, you have never been able to walk into a dealer and buy a racebike, put numbers on it and turn up like you can in motocross, (it was good to see Hyosung do this with thier GT250's this year)

and not many people realise the time and money it goes into prepping a road bike into race spec,

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by worm13 View Post
    crazy man whos he?? never seen em!! but do you need to have a complete frame rebuild surely you can use a existing gp bike for it, but the time you get a frame built by all the good gp bits plus engine exhaust electrics hello pro twin you seem a better option to me! why a hand built chassis someone make a kit for the engine conversion for example ford with a straight 6 to a v8... dont see any of them building new frames to suit
    Isnt he the guy thats adjusting the steering rake on your "pre89 400...... ?"

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarty View Post
    WHAT A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES!
    What are you wanting to do, regulate the haves and have nots? The guys who can find the funding from those who cannot?
    Way too much self centered chest beating going on. If someone wants to run a moto3 (and has the resourses to do so) great! Let them go for it!
    What next? shell we mediate the rules to hobble Stroudy because he and Karen do their homework and get the funding, or Choppa for the same? What about Glen (Williams) for having a sucessful business that allows him to participate at the level he does. How about Josh McGrath or Troy Guenther because their perants could afford it!
    Perhaps we should put rules in place to stop riders like Travis Merkel and Avalon Biddle from getting rides overseas because they have the funding?
    Pull your heads out of the sand and harden up! or try another sport!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your quite right marty, where would i be without $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :-) ,

Nah , totaly agree - lets all vote for a spending cap that matches the lowest possible investment, - now that would be quality racing.

Bike
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Your quite right marty, where would i be without $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :-) ,

Nah , totaly agree - lets all vote for a spending cap that matches the lowest possible investment, - no that would be quality racing.

There would be a few people that have been helped by a few of you $$$ mate! Myself included...

Cant wait to see how you go on the 1199

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    There would be a few people that have been helped by a few of you $$$ mate! Myself included...

Cant wait to see how you go on the 1199
    Who told you ?, - I only bought it because it was expensive..........

Bike
    89 zxr400
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Isnt he the guy thats adjusting the steering rake on your "pre89 400...... ?"
    Yeah its starting to look more and more like a harley now... gonna pull the ohlins out and weld a solid block in and turn in to a hard tail too!
    Growin' up as a kid, always thinkin', you know If I could ever just race motorcycles and make a living that would be the coolest thing know to mankind.

Thread Information