Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Most expensive Hyobag

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    is the ST7 LAMS aproved? or will it be I should say
    I doubt it, but having said that, it's ~20hp less than the GT650R and will be nice and easy to ride. The 650R should never be a LAMS bike - it's too difficult for newbies to keep their weight off the bars and too much power for an L-plater. Even the RL is heavy and doesn't have the power to get the weight off the front suspension should you need to. Even the 250R is not really a good trainer unless you either have no fear or no brains, in which case you will be fine. The comet as well, has a touchy/flighty front end so maybe the cruisers would be a good LAMS candidate.

Quite a surprised to read about their popularity in the US. I suppose we do hear a lot about metric motorcycles - hyosung etc.

Still got mine after nearly four years. It's had its' issues, and there are some real problems that could be addressed, but it continues to be reliable bike and with a LOUD pipe on it, I find it quite satisfying.
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    ...17K...for a a Hyosung

If your proud of your product...you "Proudly" display your name on it!...oh wait ST7....says it ALL!!

Yup those Hyosung 650s are a good bike!...if you strip them down and fix the many, many, MANY small design faults!...and simple math, if you buy it for 9k....and then sell it for 3K...its not aged well OR held its value. (And thats IS hyosung summed up)

So go ahead, keep the faith at your own cost, just stop trying to sell us orange juice when ya only got lemons!

(No disrespect to Hyosung owners intended, they ARE good bikes if you put the money and time into them...but even then...there still worth SFA)

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post
    ..17K...for a a Hyosung
    That's the RRP. In reality, it's 10-12K.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post

Still got mine after nearly four years. It's had its' issues, and there are some real problems that could be addressed, but it continues to be reliable bike and with a LOUD pipe on it, I find it quite satisfying.
    Iv had my 650 for almost a year now, and it had the R/R stator issue after a week of owning it, and then the front master cylinder failed shortly after, but since then I havnt had a problem with it, and the can I have on it makes it sound like sex to the ears..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DP.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	263156

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    That's the RRP. In reality, it's 10-12K.
    Sadly because they don't sell well to compared their Jap counterparts and some Dealers need to unload them hence the price drop (apart from those lower priced units being "older" models).
    Compared to many Jap cruisers I have ridden, they DO handle better and have a wee bit more stomp.
    Unfortunately their resale is less than average compared to those same Jap cruisers too.
    Largest problem I used to have is keeping the surface rust off them if I had a demo bike left outside.
    I do hope that the newer models are better in that regard.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    Largest problem I used to have is keeping the surface rust off them if I had a demo bike left outside.
    I do hope that the newer models are better in that regard.
    Spray 'em with a layer of Lanolin? It works really well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    Spray 'em with a layer of Lanolin? It works really well.
    Oh I do know how to counter it...but I'm talking a NEW unit here.
    But if I was to be dropping $12k-$17K on anything, I most certainly do not believe I that it is ok that it comes with a second rate finish.There's waaaaaaay too many alternatives out there that are more affordable without the same ํssues'

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    Iv had my 650 for almost a year now, and it had the R/R stator issue after a week of owning it, and then the front master cylinder failed shortly after, but since then I havnt had a problem with it, and the can I have on it makes it sound like sex to the ears..
    Yeah they make a great vtwin growl ay. If it's not giving a demonic crackle-bang-blue-flame on overrun, someone has probably "tuned" it.

Keep an eye on the rear master cylinder as well. You can pull the rubber boot off it and liberally grease it, or else it will corrode, jam on, and lock the rear brake on.
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    Yeah they make a great vtwin growl ay. If it's not giving a demonic crackle-bang-blue-flame on overrun, someone has probably "tuned" it.

Keep an eye on the rear master cylinder as well. You can pull the rubber boot off it and liberally grease it, or else it will corrode, jam on, and lock the rear brake on.
    I will keep an eye on it,
    Im a constant user of both brakes even though im 100% sure the rear brake doesnt even work Hahaha,
    Although I have changed the front cylinder, I still have maybe 70% pressure, after one or two pumps its 100% but give it a few seconds and its back to 70%. Im thinking maybe the part of the brake hose where it goes from 1 - 2 that maybe that little junction is a bit fucked im not sure.

Thread Information