Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bimota YB8 Postie project sees the light of day

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Don't the rules just say "manufactured prior to" doesn't say anything about how many have to be manufactured
    Eh, where did I talk about numbers? I do not think YB8's were available as a 1989 model.
    I just love that new mag practical sports bikes, picked up the latest issue where they did a bloody good article on a YB8, and there in paragraph 3 it says it appeared in 1990. Googling it seems to back up the article.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    My understanding is the YB8 was 1st shown at the milan show in 1989, but was a 1990 production model? The motorcycle spec sites seem to concur with each other as do nearly all the enthusiast sites I've seen. What up?
    Eh, where did I talk about numbers? I do not think YB8's were available as a 1989 model.
    They don't have to be available they just have to be manufactured prior to the end of December 1989

You've said that one was shown in Milan in 1989 so that means at least one was manufactured prior to the Dec 31st 1989 cut off
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    By that argument Kickaha, it could be argued that heaps of bikes could be included that aren't.

If your interpretation of the rule is correct, I'm stoked as I'll be able to race a first gen, carbed SRAD in Pre 95 class when it opens.

However, doesn't seem right to me. What's the point of including bikes that weren't available for sale until after the cutoff date?
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    By that argument Kickaha, it could be argued that heaps of bikes could be included that aren't.

If your interpretation of the rule is correct, I'm stoked as I'll be able to race a first gen, carbed SRAD in Pre 95 class when it opens.

However, doesn't seem right to me. What's the point of including bikes that weren't available for sale until after the cutoff date?
    l do know GW has
    Documentation of registration of one sold in 89 and phone numbers of the owner and shop which will volch for it and if there was one there was lots more

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    l do know GW has
    Documentation of registration of one sold in 89 and phone numbers of the owner and shop which will volch for it and if there was one there was lots more
    You can more often than not buy next years model in the months before that year comes into fruition. Using this logic I could run an H2 ZXR750 or an GSXR1100L with 5.5 inch rear rim and upside down forks, they were available off the show room floor in late October 1989, but I cannot because they are designated 1990 models with large differences over their preceding models. I bought a ZXR750 H2 swingarm and ended up giving it away as when I rang the Post classic Association President, he explained very clearly that it is about model year designation and as it was a 1990 swingarm I was shit out of luck.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    You can more often than not buy next years model in the months before that year comes into fruition. Using this logic I could run an H2 ZXR750 or an GSXR1100L with 5.5 inch rear rim and upside down forks, they were available off the show room floor in late October 1989, but I cannot because they are designated 1990 models with large differences over their preceding models. I bought a ZXR750 H2 swingarm and ended up giving it away as when I rang the Post classic Association President, he explained very clearly that it is about model year designation and as it was a 1990 swingarm I was shit out of luck.
    has the H2 ZXR750 got the new type engine in it with the cam chain up one side?

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    whats the difference between using a 1989 fzr and a 1990 fzr bet there the same bike and can use both

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Bullshit!!! Its year of manufacture,If there was one sold in 1989,Then clearly it was manufactured in 89,Right???

The whole class is a fucking joke anyway,If the class is "PRE" 89,Then all machines should have been manufactured by December 1988 otherwise its Pre 90 innit????

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    has the H2 ZXR750 got the new type engine in it with the cam chain up one side?
    No, it is the same as the H1, but with larger valves, and different cams, conrods and pistons to the H1. I beleive the motor your talking about started in 91 with the J model.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Bullshit!!! Its year of manufacture,If there was one sold in 1989,Then clearly it was manufactured in 89,Right???

The whole class is a fucking joke anyway,If the class is "PRE" 89,Then all machines should have been manufactured by December 1988 otherwise its Pre 90 innit????
    Bit of smoke and mirrors going on in your post me thinks. I can see why it is easier for the class officials to police by keeping to the factory designated model years. Imagine trying to track down when each bike was registered etc. Though, I too have wondered about the "pre" thing as well, but it is as it is, I don't think it makes the class a "fucking joke" as a result.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries

Bit of smoke and mirrors going on in your post me thinks. I can see why it is easier for the class officials to police by keeping to the factory designated model years. Imagine trying to track down when each bike was registered etc. Though, I too have wondered about the "pre" thing as well, but it is as it is, I don't think it makes the class a "fucking joke" as a result.
    When did they change to model designated years??They told me 5 years ago it was when it was released to the public!!

Not a joke!!Pre means before doesnt it??

Bike
    BSA A10
    I bought a ZXR750 H2 swingarm and ended up giving it away as when I rang the Post classic Association President, he explained very clearly that it is about model year designation and as it was a 1990 swingarm I was shit out of luck.
    You should have told him to get fucked

It is nothing to do with model year designation and the NZPCRA don't make the rules (they just get them changed to exclude shit they don't want)

From the MNZ rulebook
    25.1 Introduction:

(C) Pre 89 which will consist of racing machines manufactured after the closing
    date of the period 1982 class and before December 31st 1989.

See the word highlighted "manufactured" nothing in the rule book about model year designation, zip, zero, and the MNZ rulebook is the only one you have to worry about
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Various
    From Bimota Enthusiasts site
    The Yb8 represents the development of the Yb6 exup. To be precise it is identical to the YB6 exup.

Design/ Engineering : Pier Luigi Marconi.
    Presentation : Milan Motor Show 1989.
    Price then : 27,450,000 Lira.
    Engine : The power plant was taken from the Yamaha FZR 1000 four, series 3GM, aluminium in colour. It is the same engine as the YB6 exup. The maximum output is 148 hp at 10000 rpm. Effective engine displacement is 1002 cc. It has 36 mm Mikuki carburettors, liquid cooled, with double overhead camshaft, wet clutch and five-speed gearbox. The engine has the "Exup" system installed. That is a valve controlled by a servomotor in the exhaust, which is controlled by a microcomputer.
    Frame : The frame is identical to the YB6 exup and consists of two diagonal beams with a rectangular cross section. The swing arm is also made of aluminium. The steering angle can be change by using another bush in the eccentric hole. The front suspension has an anti dive system in the left tube of the fork leg and a hydraulic brake in the right. This is adjustable by four positions. Fork leg diameter is 42 mm. The rear shock absorber is adjustable for both pre load and damping. Brakes are two floating Brembo 320 mm up front and one 230 mm Brembo at the rear. Wheels are aluminium alloy made by Oscam. Dry weight was 185 kgs.
    Colourings : Single colouring, That is red, white and green diagonal stripes. The legend "exup" appears on the fairing. Wheels are three spoked white Oscam.
    Performance : There was not a report on the bikes performance at the time.
    Production : A total of 252 YB8's were built. 242 as complete bikes and 10 kits.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yep, I saw that one, manufacturers always show the next years model at those shows.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Red face

Yep, I saw that one, manufacturers always show the next years model at those shows.
    time to tell me to get f--d cause l'm nasty

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    You should have told him to get fucked

It is nothing to do with model year designation and the NZPCRA don't make the rules (they just get them changed to exclude shit they don't want)

From the MNZ rulebook
    25.1 Introduction:

(C) Pre 89 which will consist of racing machines manufactured after the closing
    date of the period 1982 class and before December 31st 1989.

See the word highlighted "manufactured" nothing in the rule book about model year designation, zip, zero, and the MNZ rulebook is the only one you have to worry about
    Spot on Warwick,Every word of it,Especially the little ones

Thread Information