Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ducati 1199 Panigale - another Italian beauty!

Bike
    Bikeless.NNnnnooooooooo!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    That's cheap enough! Hope they do a red and white version, that little stripe sure peps it up. Definitely better looking from the left side too.

What's the point of the scoops in the tail?
    But $7k for a paint job and Muffler...I would expect the full 70mm exhaust and race ecm for that.

Bike
    suzuki

nice price

looks like there might be one on the track next year .....lol
    williams and sloan, and who knows

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    What's the point of the scoops in the tail?
    Less drag if you got a really small arse? or maybe less drag when you're off the seat for cornering?
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    suzuki

when are they due in nz ?

Bike
    2007 Ducati 1098
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
    when are they due in nz ?
    About June for the first batch. All spoken for as far as I know.

Bike
    2013 ZX14R SE
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Looks like the spaghetti slurpers have nicked a shitload of inspiration from Buell if you ask me.
    Yeah well... Whatever the case can't say i'm liking the new Ducati Superbike to look at, lots of lovely components cobbled together into an odd looking bike but as usual it's a matter of ones personal taste. I thought the new Tuono was pretty average looking going by photo's too but having seen one in the flesh now it looks pretty nice I must say but it's never going to make it onto my top ten of good looking bikes but i'd ride one..

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    The bike is very nice to look at, and has some stuff that Ducati should have been doing for a long time. Wet clutch, chain driven cams. But why for the love of God, have they used the frameless system that is such a fuckin balls up on their moto GP bike? If Rossi can't feel the front end, what bloody chance do mere mortals have?

Good luck to next years WSB team, they're gonna need it I think.

Bike
    track bike
    Blog Entries
    Check out the pix, it looks like the front end is attached to the heads with four bolts.
    How well will it crash?

It looks like you can inspect the heads without splitting the bike in two?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panigale_airbox.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	251924

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panigale_head.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	251928

Bike
    K1300R
    Front looks like a cross between the the 08 Blade and a 1198...that has had a stroke.
    Whats he building in there??

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by johan View Post
    Check out the pix, it looks like the front end is attached to the heads with four bolts.
    How well will it crash?

It looks like you can inspect the heads without splitting the bike in two?
    Yeah, the rocker covers look to come off with the frame still in place. With the frame that way it might even be quite easy. Mind you, Ducati have a shit of a habit of mounting batteries, electrics, and anything else in the dumbest place possible.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The bike is very nice to look at, and has some stuff that Ducati should have been doing for a long time. Wet clutch, chain driven cams. But why for the love of God, have they used the frameless system that is such a fuckin balls up on their moto GP bike? If Rossi can't feel the front end, what bloody chance do mere mortals have?

Good luck to next years WSB team, they're gonna need it I think.
    It's only at the very highest level that they're having problems (and it seems the problem is actually the engine layout). Troy Bayliss got on the thing is going faster than he ever did on the previous bikes. For 99.9% of the population this bike's capabilities (like most) lie way beyond the riders.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    It's only at the very highest level that they're having problems (and it seems the problem is actually the engine layout). Troy Bayliss got on the thing is going faster than he ever did on the previous bikes. For 99.9% of the population this bike's capabilities (like most) lie way beyond the riders.
    Troy who? When Carlos goes faster on it, I'll believe it's better.

So, the bike is flawed, but since you have to be really fuckin good to find it, don't worry about it? Not ideal in my book.

Bike
    Bikes!
    So, the bike is flawed, but since you have to be really fuckin good to find it, don't worry about it? Not ideal in my book.
    No, the MotoGP bikes were only flawed running at 100% MotoGP pace. This bike is not a MotoGP bike, and it won't run anywhere near a MotoGP pace.

You can't write the entire concept off because they couldn't get one particular bike to run competitively at the highest level... if that were the case Triumph should have never built the 675 as look at how much of a piece of shite the Cube was.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    No, the MotoGP bikes were only flawed running at 100% MotoGP pace. This bike is not a MotoGP bike, and it won't run anywhere near a MotoGP pace.

You can't write the entire concept off because they couldn't get one particular bike to run competitively at the highest level... if that were the case Triumph should have never built the 675 as look at how much of a piece of shite the Cube was.
    It's funny, Ducati stick with the trellis frame for so long. Saying that because it is less rigid, yet stable, they offer more feel than anything else. Then they do away with it on their GP bike, and now that they don't have the power advantage get their collective arse handed to them due to a complete lack of feel. And now that they are on top of the superbike heap, they have done away with the trellis frame there too.

I'm not saying the bike is not awesome, I am questioning why they have gone this route with a proven flawed system.

And by the way, a lack of feel is well easily found on any bike. You do not have to run at GP pace to notice it.

Bike
    Bikes!
    I am questioning why they have gone this route with a proven flawed system.
    I'm not sure either. But, I'm picking it's due to the length of time required to push a product to market, and not knowing just how badly the frameless concept was going to do in the MotoGP. I'd wager that if they could have put a trellis frame in before launch they would've. But on the other hand, boy does it give them a point of differentiation to the Jap bikes.

And by the way, a lack of feel is well easily found on any bike. You do not have to run at GP pace to notice it.
    Totally agree. I have a mate who is well in love with his old sportsbike... as far as he's concerned it has more ability than him, so it's all he needs and thus has no interest in trying a later model bike. One day he'll get on a new model and realise just how much new chassis goodness he's missing out on.

Thread Information