Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda CrossTourer

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport

Honda CrossTourer

It seems that Honda are now in with a 1200cc Adventure bike, Shaftdrive with switchable manual / auto gearbox.

I'm sure it's a great bike, but - No thanks

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/a...rer/configure/

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    That has been coming for quite a while now. Like the Yamaha equivalent it looks a bit ummmm large(?).

If I was going to look at the specs of either of those, or the new Triumph equivalent, or the "old" BMW, first things I'd want to check would be the weight followed by the seat height.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    From memory, the Crosstourer without DTC (ie, the light option) is heavier than the GS Adventure, when wet. The GS Adventure is carrying 15kg ish of fuel extra.... I'm not one to pick at 500g, but when you're fully laden on a gravel road etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    All of them
    Not every rider is a short lightweight.

Bike
    2014 Moto Guzzi California
    The bike is a little heavier than the current Varadero, but that V4 motor would be nice. I hear it is thirty on the fuel though. I understand the NZ price will be around $27-28k.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    At that weight I would be hesitant to take it anywhere a bit gnarly. Not for me.
    Time to ride

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Not every rider is a short lightweight.
    But the majority of the market are not 6'3 plus strapping boys either... To succeed you need to sell to the large market first, then target the smaller segments...
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    But the majority of the market are not 6'3 plus strapping boys either... To succeed you need to sell to the large market first, then target the smaller segments...
    Maybe not the majority, but there are plenty of them - and there aren't that many big man's motorcycles on the market. We have to appease the sistas these days dontchaknow.

Anyway - it's a niche product. I'd be keen. Love that motor.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    IMO the lot of them have lost the plot with the 'adventure' tourers. I see no adventure in needing a step to get on the bike, a gym membership to heave it off it's side stand and a AA membership to tow it home if heaven forbid you actually drop it and break a part.

For the price I'd prefer a decent road bike and a DR650 (or the likes) and a good back pack.

Bike
    All of them
    Whereas I think they are pretty good. All-roads touring vehicles, capable of carrying two people a long distance comfortably and occasionally veering off the seal.
    There are a lot in the class I like. The Varadero is good - That Moto Morini is choice and I'd love a R 1200 GS.

If you want to ride it up a river - be my size - or yes - get a KTM or a DR. :-)

Bike
    2014 Moto Guzzi California
    I don't need to go to the gym, I can swing my leg over nicely. I like a tall bike to fit my tall frame. Tall is different to heavy though and this bike is heavy. It will be an ideal road tourer with the ability to handle straight forward gravel for little bits. If you want to go to the narly places a smaller lighter bike like the tiger 800xc of the bmw is more mode ideal, IMHO.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Oh look... a GS going through a river... (don't bother with the last bit of the video...)

Bike
    All of them
    Oh look... a GS going through a river...
    Ha! Big deal. I've crossed similar on a V-strom, A Tiger, a Varadero and a Scrambler, would be quite happy on the Honda. Did it a lot more stylishly too :-)

What I meant was the 'Challenge loop' on the Capital Coast ADV ride is a different story.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Oh look... a GS going through a river... (don't bother with the last bit of the video...)
    great effort mate u did well i crossed river on xl600 not that deep though i guess boots whould been slipery with the water

least you didnt dip your headlights hehe chould make joke about when you dip your lights when crossing a river sure its in the roadcode somewhere

You whould not atempt that on sportsbike
    Last edited by Jantar; 5th March 2012 at 21:12. Reason: Quoted embedded content deleted

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    You whould not atempt that on sportsbike
    Just to trivialise it... Mr Toto did it on a Honda Hornet CB919 right after me...

Thread Information