Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone coming our way?

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird

Anyone coming our way?

Hi there, we've hosted three lots of German motorcyclists lately (Tanja and Christian; Elke and Arne, and Tommy and Rosa) and now we're desperate for some new faces! We really loved having them to stay and would like to extend a tentative offer to anyone else travelling around NZ.

We live in the country north of Levin (roughly 50 kms south of Palmerston North and 100kms north of Wellington) and we have a spare double bed and plenty of safe garaging.

We also have a well equipped workshop and the tools and facilities to change tyres, oil, etc. Any travelling motorcyclists are welcome to use the workshop to work on their bikes during their stay.

My husband and I are pretty easy going, non-smokers, have no kids (just three furry ones - cats!), and don't ask for anything more than courtesy and respect for our home in return (but if you turn up with a bottle of wine, we wouldn't mind!), so please feel free to send us a PM if you are heading our way.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    do you take cyclists who ride 4 abreast?

Bike
    Apriliaaah!
    Always good to ride for a breast . . .

Good on ya tho Beemer, great to see you out there giving Kiwis and Bikers a good name.
    I told him,
    "Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?"

He said,
    "Coach, I don't know and I don't care."

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    You'll keep, Marty!

We've really enjoyed having people to stay and want to carry on doing so on an informal basis. We did consider opening a home stay but there are so many rules and regulations nowadays that we'd rather just offer a bed to those we like the sound of for a few nights! So far the Germans are top of the list for being great guests, but we are open to any breed of foreigner!

Bike
    Ag100
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer
    You'll keep, Marty!

We've really enjoyed having people to stay and want to carry on doing so on an informal basis. We did consider opening a home stay but there are so many rules and regulations nowadays that we'd rather just offer a bed to those we like the sound of for a few nights! So far the Germans are top of the list for being great guests, but we are open to any breed of foreigner!
    Hi. my name is Igor and I would hate to see u discrinate so i have decided to come and stay with u guys for a while.
    Just a few questions.
    1. do I get free internet usage and do you have broadband and what plan r u on as WMV take a lot to download.
    2. Will I have to make my bed.
    3. What kind of BBQ do u have as i prefer the hooded type
    4. Will a cask of wine be ok as I find this easier to rest in the croke of ya elbow and drink directly from. No glasses to wash
    5. Will I have to do the dishes.
    6. Can i come shopping with you.
    7. Can i have an address so i can make you my new residence as WINZ don't like ya livin somewhere they don't know about. I am not on a benefit but home detention so is it easy to set up monitoring for my braclet and can my Probation officer call in at unusual times for a check up
    8. If ya out of town will I be subsidized for petrol money by you for not livin nearer to town.
    9. Whats the closest pub I can drive to without getting caught ridin home by cops.
    10. Is it easy to get some grass around your way or can i grow my own at ya place.

thanks Igor

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by igor
    Hi. my name is Igor and I would hate to see u discrinate so i have decided to come and stay with u guys for a while.
    Just a few questions.
    1. do I get free internet usage and do you have broadband and what plan r u on as WMV take a lot to download. Nope, we don't have broadband but you're more than happy to sit up for days waiting for something to download.
    2. Will I have to make my bed. Yes. I am not your mother.
    3. What kind of BBQ do u have as i prefer the hooded type We have a hooded BBQ.
    4. Will a cask of wine be ok as I find this easier to rest in the croke of ya elbow and drink directly from. No glasses to wash. We are discerning drinkers. Cask wine is not welcome in our home.
    5. Will I have to do the dishes. See answer to question 2.
    6. Can i come shopping with you. As long as you're paying, yes.
    7. Can i have an address so i can make you my new residence as WINZ don't like ya livin somewhere they don't know about. I am not on a benefit but home detention so is it easy to set up monitoring for my braclet and can my Probation officer call in at unusual times for a check up. No worries, there's a real-live constable living further down the road, I'm sure she'd love it if you used HER address. And my sister's a prison officer so she could come and help.
    8. If ya out of town will I be subsidized for petrol money by you for not livin nearer to town. No. You sound a bit tight. Save up and then come for a visit.
    9. Whats the closest pub I can drive to without getting caught ridin home by cops. Unfortunately they are onto it around here and set up checkpoints on all the roads leading out of town.
    10. Is it easy to get some grass around your way or can i grow my own at ya place. See picture below, we grow our own and have more grass than you could ever dream of - and you can have as much as you like! But leave the sheep alone...

thanks Igor
    See the reponses above!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.10.5.1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	551.8 KB 
ID:	33955  

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Well, Igor still hasn't made contact - bugger! But we have had an email from Ralf and Eva who are currently stuck in Broome while one of their bikes is fixed. Hopefully they will be out this way in February - and I hope the weather warms up a bit by then - there is SNOW on the ranges right now and this is the North Island!

But if anyone is coming in the meantime, there is a bed available at any time.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger
    So if you're not foreign you're not welcome then huh????
    Just how foreign does one have to be?

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you're just not paying attention!"
    "There is no limit to dumb."

"Resolve to live with all your might while you do live, and as you shall wish you had done ten thousand years hence."

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by Macktheknife View Post
    Just how foreign does one have to be?
    North of the Bombay Hills should do.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    I don't mind foreigners, it's Aucklanders we don't want to encourage! They can afford motels!

My husband says anyone from overseas is welcome, even if they were originally from NZ. They just have to be interesting, considerate and not drink us out of home, like a certain Scotsman did this time last year!

Bike
    2005 Kawasaki KLR650
    http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/
    Well you could try posting in the above. Not sure how many bites you'll get but by and large the forum seems to attract interesting people with interesting stories.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Thanks for that, it looks like an interesting site.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    are you into swinging....nod.............nod...........wink.... ...wink

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    are you into swinging....nod.............nod...........wink.... ...wink
    Only my feet when sitting out on the edge of the deck... but then by the sound of it, a nod's as good as a wink to a blind man...

Bike
    05 iHornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    I don't mind foreigners, it's Aucklanders we don't want to encourage! They can afford motels!

My husband says anyone from overseas is welcome, even if they were originally from NZ. They just have to be interesting, considerate and not drink us out of home, like a certain Scotsman did this time last year!
    We will be going past (northwards) on the 18th Jan. having just spent 2+ weeks overseas in the SI. And we arent from Auckland, how do you think we would measure up ?

Thread Information