Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Bay of Plenty/Whakatane rides

Eastern Bay of Plenty/Whakatane rides

well thats this weekend fucked then! rain just started = shit all over the roads. anyhoo

trailblazer , ernie, kc, bikerchick etc. howsabout using this thread for notices of anyone riding out and about, rather than posting new threads each time?

Bike
    09 Triumph S3 / 010 Suzuki RMX 450
    Makes sense. Just been out on the MTB instead. Could go dirt biking tomorrow, see what the weather brings.

Bike
    gsf600s k2
    Hey just a warning to anyone that might be riding on Manawahe Road over the next week.There is going to be a shit load more logging traffic between Monday and Friday.The trucks will be carting from 1.5km east of Manawahe school out to Rotoma.They will be on the road between 4am and 4pm. No trucks over the weekend at least, well not from my job anyway.

Bike
    Wouldn't want to meet one at the lake end. Should be no probs on sundays.

Bop

dirt biking. always fancied getting into that as a winter alternative. never ridden one though and dont know whats a good cheapie to start with.

Bike
    Black Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by pc220 View Post
    Hey just a warning to anyone that might be riding on Manawahe Road over the next week.There is going to be a shit load more logging traffic between Monday and Friday.The trucks will be carting from 1.5km east of Manawahe school out to Rotoma.They will be on the road between 4am and 4pm. No trucks over the weekend at least, well not from my job anyway.
    It might be worth warning the Tauranga crew about this... they ride this road a fair bit from what I understand. Although with all the moss on the road over winter, I don't think it'd be a fast ride... however, meeting a logging truck wouldn't be much fun
    A dream without a plan is just a wish!

Make it happen....

....DREAM+PLAN+ACTION=GOAL/TARGET

Bike
    kawasaki Ninja 650R
    im guessing the main road they will be using will be the gravel 1 that goes behind lake rotoma. I was up the yesterday 4wdriving and seen that nthey have logged quite a bit up there. Manawahe rd is one of the roads a frequently ride so thanks for the warning.

Bike
    gsf600s k2
    Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer View Post
    im guessing the main road they will be using will be the gravel 1 that goes behind lake rotoma. I was up the yesterday 4wdriving and seen that nthey have logged quite a bit up there. Manawahe rd is one of the roads a frequently ride so thanks for the warning.
    I should have been clearer sorry, from Manawahe school they are using Matahi rd down to the lake. Be wary of loose gravel on the road where their trailers are cutting the corners and dragging stones and shit back onto the road.

Bike
    Looked out the window, WTF the suns out.After looking at the forecast for today i thought i would be TV watching again, but now i'll be wheeling the scoot out and enjoying what we all do on a nice Sunday.

sunday

Quote Originally Posted by ernie953 View Post
    Looked out the window, WTF the suns out.After looking at the forecast for today i thought i would be TV watching again, but now i'll be wheeling the scoot out and enjoying what we all do on a nice Sunday.

er.............you get wet mate?

i kinda new it would turn to custard

Bike
    er............no. Did 200kms and stayed dry where i was. Went to Tauranga to visit family and only struck wet road from Matata on return.

Bike
    Hey RvC! You out there? Todays looking good. I'm getting out shortly, give me a call.

ride

hey

sorry matey. been away all weekend and just got home.

had to go collect the mrs from auckland airport today. shes just back from uk after her dads funeral. so next weekend are loooking shaky...need to be around for her. however, if she says shes ok, i ll l et you know and we can meet up and have a ride somewhere, sometime

thank for the message though

daytime ride this wednesday

hi. any eastern bay of plenty people around for a ride out this wednesday? i d like to make a day of it, but gotta be back home by 3 so an early start, by around 8.30 / 9 am.

let me know folks, or im off on me lonesome

Bike
    kawasaki Ninja 650R
    bugger unfortunatly I have to work and can't ring in sick as bosses father has just past away.

Thread Information