Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New helmet cam - Replay XD

Bike
    Buell XB12Ss, KX250

Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Here ya go...

Oh and there's this too...

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/h...risons_action/
    Dare I say it, they are definitely not technical camera reviewers (well they are a hot rod mag after all lol). The in-car shot where it's facing the driver really shows a difference in the dynamic range of the cameras, along with their exposure. Notice that they all basically expose for the interior fine, but they don't have enough dynamic range to expose outside alright (showing as being too bright), with the exceptionof the GoPro. The Contour also did alright in this, but at the expense of the darker regions of test. Less dynamic range means colours become somewhat washed out, among other things. This is more apparent when you look at the contrast and saturation in the other tests. In saying that, I think each of the cameras are fine, except for darker footage, where the Replay does very well, at the expense of resolution.

Doh, here I go again, over analysing everything

Bike
    Rmz450
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Video dub is pretty cool - most of the editing I do is just cutting out crappy bits so this is ideal. Noticed that the replay on work computer here is a bit temperamental after cutting. No idea why. I'll try it on the home machine.

EDIT: This clipped with Video Dub. And it was shot into low sun to test out ability to handle crappy light conditions.

good quality vid, nice and clear. i have a drift stealth hd170 which is a good durable cam and has a play back screen on it. am very happy with it, plays good quality vid on home computer but when i post vids they dont come out as clear as this even tho its 1080 def.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkillnz View Post
    Was that on the way to your latest tagorama?
    Nice footage, looks a tad better than the road grime version
    Yes it was.

Road grime is a problem with the current position of the camera as is the sound.

I'll have a looksee to find a better place for it.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkillnz View Post
    Dare I say it, they are definitely not technical camera reviewers (well they are a hot rod mag after all lol). The in-car shot where it's facing the driver really shows a difference in the dynamic range of the cameras, along with their exposure. Notice that they all basically expose for the interior fine, but they don't have enough dynamic range to expose outside alright (showing as being too bright), with the exceptionof the GoPro. The Contour also did alright in this, but at the expense of the darker regions of test. Less dynamic range means colours become somewhat washed out, among other things. This is more apparent when you look at the contrast and saturation in the other tests. In saying that, I think each of the cameras are fine, except for darker footage, where the Replay does very well, at the expense of resolution.

Doh, here I go again, over analysing everything
    Well, coming from an ATC2K, the Replay is gold...but then anything would be wouldn'it?

The replay format - cylinder - makes for easy mounting too.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Update:

Tried a helmet mount today. Great turning the camera on and off - the vibration function works well here - buzzes the whole helmet.

Pictures still good - no fairing obscuring part of the view. The wide angle lens means that the speedo is in the camera's view. So you wouldn't be able to post any lunacy clips if you want to stay out of jail now wouldja?

Sound was better - no transmitted road noise through the fairing. A little wind noise but it varied. Following in a car's turbulence caused more noise. Turning the head too far did the same. Good to about 100km after which it deteriorated - course I only tried that on a private closed road you unnerstand...

I like the pics this camera produces. The sound is not perfect though - at least not with the onboard mike. Even with their "sound suppressors" in place.

Bike
    CR250
    Had a play with my one tonight on my Dads RC plane. Lots of fun! amazing views when its up there.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600

Low Light Test

A clip taken just before sunrise to test the low light abilities of this camera.

The footage here looks a lot lighter than it was - I was peering a bit to see myself. Note the bike at 2.50 - it was pretty well invisible to me until I was right up to it, being unlit as it was...

Overall, I like this camera. It's very easy to mount and takes good pics. The only disappointment is the wind noise using the inbuilt microphone. I have yet to master the art of fixing this with the supplied "sound attenuators' or whatever it is they call them.

Bike
    CB750
    It looks like they havnt got all the bugs ironed out, do they offer firmware updates? I think Ill stay with my HD170 stealth, a bit bigger but it has worked without fault.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by bsasuper View Post
    It looks like they havnt got all the bugs ironed out, do they offer firmware updates? I think Ill stay with my HD170 stealth, a bit bigger but it has worked without fault.
    Dunno - haven't asked.

Bike
    CR250
    I got the tape on mine sweet as. It you want to DIY, use some electrical tape! LOL

Bike
    CR250
    Here is my first crack at making a video. I just added some random music off my laptop and dicked around with windows movie maker.

This link sound work in about 293 mins apparently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i2E3...ature=youtu.be

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    Here is my first crack at making a video. I just added some random music off my laptop and dicked around with windows movie maker.

This link sound work in about 293 mins apparently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i2E3...ature=youtu.be
    "video not available" it says.

Bike
    CR250

Thread Information