Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland area motorcycle gear shops?

Bike
    SV650 K2

Auckland area motorcycle gear shops?

Hey. I'm down in Wellington, but will be heading to Auckland for a few days soon, so wanted to check out some of the shops up there (looking for a new jacket, and maybe pants) - could I get some recommendations (and locations/addresses) from you folks please?

I'm specifically looking for a warm-weather riding jacket, but can't afford to fork out for a leather or $800 textile at this stage (at which point I expect someone to come out with the crap about paying what you reckon your life's worth, etc, etc - who obviously doesnt live in the real world of other expenses & compromises).

Anyway, yeah, I've just found that down here in Welly you're sweet as long as you're after a $700 rev-it, an $800 alpinestars, or a $200 Ixon, but nothing in between (anyone else found this or is it just me?), so thought I'd take a look up in the big smoke while I'm there. Obviously being a bigger market up there I'm hoping there's more range in styles and sizes.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Bike
    2008 M50Z
    Last time we went to Auckland called in to cycletreads just over the harbour bridge & turn left, lots of gear , all types well worth a look, will be going back after xmas to get a few things. Found my helmet there for $100 less than I paid in Hamilton

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Dave . I'd still suggest giving quasi a yell.
    When we were looking for gear for Jorja I must say we went with a very open mind. We ended up leaving there with my wallet nowhere near as light as I thought it would be.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Hey dave ... when looking for gear in auckland we went to motomail (advertising on this site) ... but in wellington we often head to Palmerston North to Anza.

Bike
    1993 Kawasaki ZXR250
    check out http://www.motomail.co.nz, they've got an outlet store selling most gears at half price or less, bought most my gears there

Bike
    SV650 K2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    Hey dave ... when looking for gear in auckland we went to motomail (advertising on this site) ... but in wellington we often head to Palmerston North to Anza.
    Cool, thanks. Yeah I've made a note of Motomail's address so will check them out.

Bike
    Pure coolness...
    As mentioned cycletreads on barrys point road or motomail are good
    for gear esp the motomail outlet store.
    Harley Davidson: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the side effects of horsepower.

'Fast' Harleys are only fast compared to stock Harleys.

Bike
    kawasaki vn800, gpx600r
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbray View Post
    Last time we went to Auckland called in to cycletreads just over the harbour bridge & turn left,
    if you turn left just over the bridge you won't find cycletreads its on the right. any way they are good have a good selection and usually have a sale on, on some of their gear also as mentioned motomail outlet shop
    I cannot put my finger on it now, the child has grown the dream has gone

there'll be no more aaarrrrrggghhhhh but you may feel a little sick

Bike
    VTR250
    Just up the road from Cycletreads are a couple of other bike shops too. At least one of them has accessories, i can't remember about the other one...

http://www.cyclespot.co.nz/

http://holeshotmotorcycles.motorcycletrader.co.nz/
    Last edited by meatface; 26th October 2008 at 10:00. Reason: added links

Bike
    SV650 K2
    Quote Originally Posted by nallac View Post
    As mentioned cycletreads on barrys point road or motomail are good
    for gear esp the motomail outlet store.
    One thing that improves my perception of any retailer (and that all 3 of the stores mentioned so far have in common) is a good, functional website. I've already, in less than half an hour, been able to browse ANZA, Motomail, and Cycletread's websites, and now have a good idea of who stocks what, and what I can expect to pay for it. Obviously there's no substitute for trying clothes on in-store, but it helps to know what's available before heading out.

There's no excuse for a shitty website these days folks.

Bike
    FOR SALE

Mrs busa pete

Quote Originally Posted by CDFloss View Post
    Hey. I'm down in Wellington, but will be heading to Auckland for a few days soon, so wanted to check out some of the shops up there (looking for a new jacket, and maybe pants) - could I get some recommendations (and locations/addresses) from you folks please?

I'm specifically looking for a warm-weather riding jacket, but can't afford to fork out for a leather or $800 textile at this stage (at which point I expect someone to come out with the crap about paying what you reckon your life's worth, etc, etc - who obviously doesnt live in the real world of other expenses & compromises).

Anyway, yeah, I've just found that down here in Welly you're sweet as long as you're after a $700 rev-it, an $800 alpinestars, or a $200 Ixon, but nothing in between (anyone else found this or is it just me?), so thought I'd take a look up in the big smoke while I'm there. Obviously being a bigger market up there I'm hoping there's more range in styles and sizes.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

We where at cyclrtreads the other day and they had one and two pce leathers for $300.00 and as has been said they normally give discounts as well. I would head there first
    RIDE FOR THE CONDITIONS WHEN THEY CHANGE INCREASE YOUR SPEED

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by busa pete View Post
    We where at cyclrtreads the other day and they had one and two pce leathers for $300.00 and as has been said they normally give discounts as well. I would head there first

LOL youre fucking joking arent you? so now retailers sell for less than cost ? whats the feckin point in that?

Anyone want to buy a bike leather business Im getting tired of it
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    VFR400, ZX9R, GSXR750, ZXR750, TRX850
    Quote Originally Posted by busa pete View Post
    I find that hard to believe...

Bike
    SV650 K2
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    LOL youre fucking joking arent you? so now retailers sell for less than cost ? whats the feckin point in that?

No thanks, just after a jacket.
    I'm not worried about whether or not I can find a 2-piece for $300 anyway... thats not what I'm after.

When I can afford to spend up a bit more on some leather gear, then I'll take a look at your stuff Quasi (or whoever buys your bike leather business - ).

Cheers

Bike
    FOR SALE

Mrs busa pete

Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingrob View Post
    I find that hard to believe...

Shit i'm a blonde they where $399.00
    Last edited by Virago; 28th October 2008 at 18:18. Reason: HTML
    RIDE FOR THE CONDITIONS WHEN THEY CHANGE INCREASE YOUR SPEED

Thread Information