Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike gangs: ever ridden with them?

Bike
    1999 yamaha R1

Bike gangs: ever ridden with them?

I had this occassion to come up on the back of the mob one time. I was on my old FJ coming out of Welly and there was about 30 of them, Harleys, Nortons, and trumpys and fanging it. The leader? (with attached 50kg model hanging off the sissy bar) would overtake (whenever there was a gap, any gap) and the whole pack would follow, regardless of traffic, yellow lines, cops, whatever. Now dont get me wrong, the noise of all these bikes opening up was awesume, the pack mentatility was excelerating... and hell did the oncoming cars get out of the way, but fuck that..... I stuck with them, hanging off the back, trying not to get to 'forward' into the tail enders during overtaking, it was a laugh. Not one time did they acknowledge my presence, not a nod, glance whatever, just a a stoney stare straight ahead. Must have been good smoke. they turned off just after Shannon and I flew on through.
    It was short but very memorable experience.
    Who else has has the occassion?
    A nice Pit

Bike
    Hodor
    Yep I did the H/A poker run on Saturday was a great day about 300 bikes, the run was restricted to British European and american Motorcycles, and was mainly Harleys we even had the police stopping the traffic at major intersections so that we could all proceed together.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    What patch were they wearing?
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Boulevard, Ducati.
    On the way to the coro loop I organised last Saturday, me and another guy was overtaken by about 20 filthy few members.

Bikes sounded cool, guys rode like dicks, thats it really.

Bike
    1999 yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by zrxer View Post
    Yep I did the H/A poker run on Saturday was a great day about 300 bikes, the run was restricted to British European and american Motorcycles, and was mainly Harleys we even had the police stopping the traffic at major intersections so that we could all proceed together.
    I was meaning just the boys, all patched up.......Not some cop controlled organsied ride (although it would have also been fun-ish, kinda).
    A nice Pit

Bike
    1999 yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMike View Post
    yeah thats what I'm angling at, these guys are.......for want of a better word(s) a tad 'loose'
    A nice Pit

Bike
    SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMike View Post
    On the way to the coro loop I organised last Saturday, me and another guy was overtaken by about 20 filthy few members.

i heard a FF member died and they all headin your way to put the prick in a hole

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    There was ,a while back a bike gang of hells angels bikers on hayleys and general "hogs" who were flying from palmy to wanganui ,as id just finished work i was heading back to wanganui so i thought id play the catch up game ,caught up ....just and at a set of light went up to the front ,was waveing but they didnt even turn there heads to look at me just yea as ya said stone frontward gaze lol weird huh ? mind you i was almost defined by the pure roar of those v-twins so maybe they were deafind to and didnt even notice me ...

Bike
    Aprilia Tuono
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    i heard a FF member died and they all headin your way to put the prick in a hole
    Knew him did you?

Bike
    various
    Blog Entries

Cool

Not sure what you are looking for? Either you have been part of this life style or you have not.

If you have been there you know what it is about and no explanation is needed. If you have never been there you should not really comment as you will never understand.

A sub culture with own rules. Most do their own thing and have no interest in anything else.

But there is a camradery that you will find nowhere else. Once you are accepted you are in. And you can trust each and everyone to back you.

The "no nodding or waving". Why should they? Just because you ride a 2 wheeler?

And the respect others on the road show. Jelous?

May the bridges I burn light the way.

Follow Vinny's MX racing on www.mxvinny.com

Bike
    None any more
    Mrs H and I rode with a patched biker gang once. We were two-up on her Marauder, and merged with a biker gang at the Pauatahanui roundabout. We were heading out of the village towards Upper Hutt, and the bikers were coming over the bridge from Porirua. Needless to say they made every possible effort to shun our presence...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    1999 yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post

The "no nodding or waving". Why should they? Just because you ride a 2 wheeler?

And the respect others on the road show. Jelous?
    Sounds like you can't make up your mind either. Infact your musings appear to indicate you are part of the "sub-culture" or are infact, jealous?

It doesnt negate the fact they ride with no respect for other road users and get into too much mischief. My opinion.
    I could go on...... what other respectful things are they invloved with?
    I've also given up acknowledging HOG riders on the road, they are just too cool.
    A nice Pit

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquiztador View Post
    A sub culture with own rules.
    A bunch of worthless criminal scum, you mean.

Show me the grave of one, and I'll happily piss on it.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    2002 SV650S
    Quote Originally Posted by saltydog View Post
    It doesnt negate the fact they ride with no respect for other road users and get into too much mischief.
    agreed ,and just because they are in their own "gang " does not mean they have to shun other two wheels blantantly

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    my first partner, and man i would have married had he asked, is a member of a canadian club that has been around since the 70s. their number less than 100 and only exist in ontario.

i met him at their anniversary party in 04. they are a fringe angels club, and at the time, the angels were attempting to force a patch over. it is only the small number of IRB around that keeps them from being wiped out like other clubs in the area.
    because of the relationship, angels and redliners were at the IRB rally. drugs were being taken freely, but i was never offered any or had any forced on me. i knew then and still know that if i had got trolleyed and fallen down topless, i would have been shoved in a tent and left to it.

i lived with glenn for 6 months, and spent a large amount of that time with his brothers and their old ladies [i was the youngest old lady there at 19] i loved those people and for the first time felt like i had a family and was accepted for myself. i didnt have to pretend around them. i even got on with the ladies, which is almost unheard of... i tend to dislike many females and dont get on with them easily.

i miss the guys, and would love to go back to them.

edit: and as for riding with the local gangs? no, i wouldnt. i dont wear their colors, so why should i make myself look the fool by hanging off the tail end? i will ride amongst them for the time it takes them to overtake, but i will not push to keep up so maybe other road users will think i was one of them, or that one of the patched guys will think im cooler than i really am. whats the point? why push your way into their group ride? would you cut into a funeral procession, or a wedding fleet or an xmas parade?
    they dont have to wave... not every one on two wheels does. ive had tons of non patched riders refuse to wave back. no big deal... not like the world will explode or anything.

im a rider in my own right.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Thread Information