Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 MV Agusta F3 will be a 600cc triple

Bike
    MV Agusta
    Quote Originally Posted by imdying View Post
    It would be fair to say that I expect a lot more from them in the styling department than other marques, but when they hold themselves up as being the styling gods, I think that's fair. I was expecting something that was a on a higher level than the 675, but instead got an F4 rehash with Poseidons trident hanging off the side.
    Yeah I can understand the similarites they wanted with the F4 (being in the same range) but was hoping to see a bit more variation of style. A few changes in curves, and colour schemes would be nice.

I think I like the trident exhaust, god knows why.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit250 View Post
    I think I like the trident exhaust, god knows why.
    I'm prepared to like it in the flesh, I'm hoping the whole rapper bling look is merely a reflection on the way the pictures have been taken.

Bike
    MV Agusta
    Yeah I guess, like the rest of their lineup, gotta see em to really know what they look like, photos never do em justice.

Can't wait to see one.

Any ideas when these come to New Zealand? Could be quite keen to "test" one of these aka: sneak one into the garage without the other half finding out

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Any ideas when these come to New Zealand? Could be quite keen to "test" one of these aka: sneak one into the garage without the other half finding out
    No need to rush to a shop. MV stated at the launch that production would commence next October! That's enough time for MV to go through a buy-out, a take-over, a liquidation and two receiverships. Assuming they do commence production on time (yeah right!) and can make more than 4 bikes a day, a good rate by Italian standards, we still wont see any here until late 2012.

I love it and would buy one on looks alone, so long as the performance is at least on a par with the Daytona. At 140hp and lighter it should be better. But I wouldn't put it past the Eyeties to stuff it up.

After just parting with my 675 triple this timing will be spot on for my next changeover. Is that coincidence or providence as Morpeus would say.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    MV Agusta
    Where did you find the technical specifications from? Oh really didn't hear about that, well I might as well get a new career, retire, have grand kids then get one

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    First of all I apologised as I was trying to be polite
    Heh! You'll want to stop doing that.

Interesting the assumptions that come out. You have never met me, or seen how I ride...
    You haven't broken your F4, therefore you ride it like a nana.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends ride like nanas. The rest of my best friends are all gay, black, and handicapped.

But deductions are not assumptions.

*scrambles to redefine the discussion and thereby regain self-respect*
    Chuckle. No, it doesn't work like that.

You stated that MVs are reliable. They're not.

You stated that they handle slash go better than other motorbikes. They don't.

So stop wriggling, and take your flaming like a man. You can't sensibly presume to disagree with the above if you haven't thrashed your bike to test its reliability and ridden it alongside the competition at race pace to test its performance.

Opinions are worthless, and will not be 'agreed to disagree' upon, if they're plucked from rectums instead of being based on solid data.

What we do all agree on is that MV Agustas are gorgeous.

Back to the OP's topic: IMHO, the new 600's styling is a derivative combination of the old F4s and the newer middleweights from other manufacturers. I refer the Gentle Readers to the short tail profile in particular.

Attractive, but kinda like most modern pop music, inasmuch as it looks (or sounds) like something one could have assembled oneself from existing components. This contrasts with the original F4, of course, which was a product of genius.

One can only imagine that Mr Tamburini was not involved this time.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Girlz bikes rule :-)

Red face Omg

Well what load of shit in this thread. Leave the poor tga bastard alone you old kb bitches

There is no doubt that Mv's are not great bikes but they look as horny as hell and if you are a poseur then that is acceptable

The little 675 looks very yummmy and put some carbon here and there it will be acceptable to have one oh I meant the triumph 675 by the way

Bike
    MV Agusta
    Stop being polite? sorry thats not how I work.

Any bike or engine for that matter will break if you don't look after it.
    Yes I "thrash" my bike, but I look after it with maintenance as well, perhaps thats still something you have yet to learn as it appears you break your bikes when you ride them properly

What would you define as reliable, because I am yet to find any bike for that matter that is "reliable" they all have problems, or do you hold your beloved Japanese bikes on a pedestal so high that you choose to ignore this?

as I said: My opinion: They DO "go better"

If someone walks into a Ferrari forum and starts banging on about how crap they are and how much better their Toyota Corolla is, I would suspect that jelousy is the real motive.

Back to the F3:

I would be inclined to agree, that it appears ol' Tambo didn't play a big part, does kinda look like a lot of it was just "copy" "pasted" from the F4 with a different rear end. Still I would be quite interested to see\ride it in the flesh to make a final opinion.

Bike
    Bikes!
    If someone walks into a Ferrari forum and starts banging on about how crap they are and how much better their Toyota Corolla is, I would suspect that jelousy is the real motive.
    Couple of points:
    • This isn't an MV Agusta forum, this is the "New Bike Model News" subforum of Kiwibiker
    • It was you (post #18) that started banging on about how awesome they are and how much better than other bikes they are, in response to members who were merely commenting on the styling of the new F3 model (posts #1, #3, #4, #7, #9, #11, #12, #13, #16 and #17), not the other way around
    • Contrary to what you think, it's possible to dicuss the styling of new motorcycles without jealousy being a factor

So in summary, you've been getting shit because you're the one who started with brand based bollocks, rather than just adding your opinion on the new models styling like everyone else has.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Oooo I wonder how long this will go on for. Once it's stopped can we start discussing what oil is the best?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Oooo I wonder how long this will go on for. Once it's stopped can we start discussing what oil is the best?
    Well I've switched from Motorex to Elf... looking good so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Well I've switched from Motorex to Elf... looking good so far.
    Excellent, but I think you'll find you're jumping the gun a little. We're still waiting for kermit to reply to imdying.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Not that bloody butane wash crap, that's for sure.

Bike
    a red heap
    Stop being polite? sorry thats not how I work.

Any bike or engine for that matter will break if you don't look after it.
    Yes I "thrash" my bike, but I look after it with maintenance as well, perhaps thats still something you have yet to learn as it appears you break your bikes when you ride them properly

What would you define as reliable, because I am yet to find any bike for that matter that is "reliable" they all have problems, or do you hold your beloved Japanese bikes on a pedestal so high that you choose to ignore this?

as I said: My opinion: They DO "go better"

Back to the F3:

I would be inclined to agree, that it appears ol' Tambo didn't play a big part, does kinda look like a lot of it was just "copy" "pasted" from the F4 with a different rear end. Still I would be quite interested to see\ride it in the flesh to make a final opinion.
    Are you going to bring this new MV to Drivers tonight to show off?

Fanny

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    MV F4i are pretty. But they haven't been the top performer for a while.... was sad when the K5 GSXR came along and raped it five years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Thread Information