PDA

View Full Version : Any room for me in NZ?.....

BlackJet
12th November 2002, 00:04
......cos it's gotta be better than Wales!
We've now had 18 consecutive days of rain and storms.
To make it worse, the Water Board are digging up the roads and causing fountains of muddy water and sewerage, which is mixing with the cowshit generously deposited by the farming community and the diesel spillage from trucks!
People give me stick for being a FWB these days, but would you want to get your pride and joy....not to mention yourself, covered in that stuff?
So, any room for a Taff out there? :D

wari
12th November 2002, 00:43
Come on down brother ... but it rains here too y'know.

moko
12th November 2002, 02:10
People give me stick for being a FWB these days, but would you want to get your pride and joy....not to mention yourself, covered in that stuff?

No problem to us real bikers BJ,you just turn the heater up in that crappy old Vauxhall mate(general motors brand favoured by the elderly for the info of our kiwi mates)and you`ll be o.k.
have you lot got room for about 3 million Taffs down there?,give the rest of us a break.You blokes dont know what you`re missing out on,nothing like sliding to work on the icy roads when it`s -4 in January.

wari
12th November 2002, 02:31
Only bring the bikers amongst ya .. ok? oh and girls can get in free of charge !!

Vauxhalls ... we havent had them here since ... ouuu since the late 60's probably.

toads
26th April 2004, 19:56
I have rellies that live in wales and my gran lived there until about 20 years ago, I'm sure theres room for another biker in New Zealand, this country gets it fair share of bad weather though, be warned.

merv
26th April 2004, 20:21
I have rellies that live in wales and my gran lived there until about 20 years ago, I'm sure theres room for another biker in New Zealand, this country gets it fair share of bad weather though, be warned.

Yeah Wellington has had two crap summers in a row (read wet and windy about 4 days a week), but the autumns that follow haven't been so bad. Nice biking weather now.

Blackjet don't bring too many of your mates we want to keep the roads reasonably uncluttered for good riding.

Lou Girardin
26th April 2004, 20:22
Only bring the bikers amongst ya .. ok? oh and girls can get in free of charge !!

Vauxhalls ... we havent had them here since ... ouuu since the late 60's probably.

Still got 'em. Called Holden or Opel now.
Lou

jimbo600
26th April 2004, 20:58
......cos it's gotta be better than Wales!
We've now had 18 consecutive days of rain and storms.
To make it worse, the Water Board are digging up the roads and causing fountains of muddy water and sewerage, which is mixing with the cowshit generously deposited by the farming community and the diesel spillage from trucks!
So, any room for a Taff out there? :D

Come on over man.

I hear that the traffic cops in Wales are complete cunts too.

James Deuce
26th April 2004, 21:25
You are more than welcome, but bear in mind that NZ isn't tropical. It's temperate and sub-temperate for the most part with a teeny sub-tropical part at the top. Also, having lived in the south of England for a year, I can guarantee that the weather here will give you a fright when it's bad.

What you guys call gales, we wouldn't notice in Wellington, and your heavy rain is referred to as "scattered showers" in Auckland. The bitter temperatures you mention are generally present in Alpine areas, the lower South Island, and central North Island. So you can visit when you get homesick :)

The roads are tremendous, and you wouldn't recognise anything that people here call congestion as being a problem.

So when are you coming over??

Cheers

Jim2

MadDuck
26th April 2004, 21:34
why would you move to a place where the weather is warm, most people cant understand your accent and if in the right place the views are heavenly :spudbooge

FROSTY
26th April 2004, 21:42
and the women over here are pretty freindly too.

MadDuck
26th April 2004, 21:46
and the women over here are pretty freindly too.

ssshhh XJXJXJ dont say that they all wanna come here and where that leave the kiwi blokes :confused: lmfao

georgedubyabush
26th April 2004, 22:02
Do you realise this thread is a year and a half old?

MadDuck
26th April 2004, 22:06

LMFAOROF ...guess he didnt make it then :lol:

pete376403
26th April 2004, 22:07
And probably still raining over there

MadDuck
26th April 2004, 22:18
And probably still raining over there

Lesson learned by MD. Check the date on the thread. Poor fool proly still soaking in it and thinking about our beaut country....so kiwi blokes now safe ????

moko
27th April 2004, 06:40
The Welsh have got funny accents,shag sheep and have a Rugby team that they still have great hopes for despite being tanked by England on a regular basis.................should feel right at home then :killingme

El Dopa
27th April 2004, 21:17

They're called holdens here (I think??). Badge looks the same, anyway. they don't loko interesting, so I don't take too much notice of them.

El Dopa
27th April 2004, 21:21

Ahhhhhhh........shite........

speedpro
27th April 2004, 21:41
The roads are tremendous, and you wouldn't recognise anything that people here call congestion as being a problem.Jim2

In Wellington maybe, I seem to notice a bit every day I go to work. Manila would have to be getting up there in the congestion stakes.

Skyryder
27th April 2004, 21:52
Only if you come to Canterbury and support the Crusaders.

Skyryder

bluninja
28th April 2004, 09:05
In Wellington maybe, I seem to notice a bit every day I go to work. Manila would have to be getting up there in the congestion stakes.

Auckland congested ??? don't make me laugh :angry2: just spent 75 minutes traveling from Portsmouth to Gosport ...12 kms...gutted as each of the bikes came cruising (legally) between the lanes whilst I'm stuck in my vulva cage.
I'm waiting for my bike to clear customs so I may have it back in a week or so...whether I can afford to insure it in the UK right now is another matter.

merv
28th April 2004, 12:48
They're called holdens here (I think??). Badge looks the same, anyway. they don't loko interesting, so I don't take too much notice of them.

Interesting that Slight has taken a CV8 Monaro calling it a Vauxhall to race in Pomgolia.

Yeah many GM products are the same basic car rebadged e.g. Opel, Vauxhall, Holden Vectra.

pete376403
28th April 2004, 15:48
Munro is sold as a Pontiac GTO in the US