PDA

View Full Version : Mission One EV

disenfranchised
26th May 2009, 08:00
Not that new, but couldn't find anything with search

From http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/04/mission-one-ev-sport-bike-unveiled-150-mph-150-mile-range/.
Not exactly pretty...especially when that other electric sportsbike was announced earlier in the year that had more conventional styling.
Not cheap either

Mission Motors has just revealed its all-electric sport bike and the family-friendly version of our initial reaction goes something like, "Holy Mother of God and all that is good and decent!", followed immediately by the sound of our jaws hitting the floor. After a couple of years of staying almost perfectly in stealth mode, the Mission One is being unveiled today at the TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) conference. The Yves Béhar-designed bike sets a new performance standard for electric two-wheelers with a top speed of 150 mph and an estimated range of 150 miles. Of course, the strength of an electric drivetrain is torque and the Mission One has 100 lb-ft of the stuff on offer from the first twist of the throttle up until 60 mph. When it makes its race debut at the TTXGP on June 12th, we suspect the other entries will be scrappin' it out for second place.

To bring this amazing machine to market, Forrest North and his two co-founders, Edward West and Mason Cabot, have assembled a real dream team with incredible depth and experience and whose resumés list companies like Tesla Motors, Ducati and Google. The first 50 bikes produced will be a special Limited Edition model delivered in 2010 bearing a $68,995 price tag, while a standard, more affordable Mission One model will be announced this summer. If the goal of this company was to create a paradigm-busting object of desire, then we say, "Mission accomplished". Mouth watering specs below and official press release after the break.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autobloggreen.com/media/2009/02/mission-side-shot_opt.jpg

Skunk
26th May 2009, 09:23
Additional specs...
P O W E R T R A I N
Battery Pack High Energy Lithium-Ion with Integrated Safety
Motor Liquid-cooled, 3 phase AC Induction
Torque 100 lb-ft @ Zero RPM
Transmission Single speed, #525 O-ring chain

C H A S S I S
Front Suspension Ohlins, 43mm inverted fork, fully adjustable
Rear Suspension Ohlins, single schock w/piggyback reservoir
Front Brakes Brembo forged 4 piston calipers.
Rear Brakes Brembo, 220mm disc; single-piston caliper
Wheels/Tires/Front Marchesini forged Al 3.5"x17", 120/70Z
Wheels/Tires/Rear Marchesini forged Al 6.0"x17", 190/55

T A R G E T P E R F O R M A N C E
Top speed 150mph
Range 150 miles per charge (Est. under EPA drive cycle)
Recharge Under 2 hours @ 240V (8 hours @ 120V)
Features: Adjustable regenerative braking,
Intuitive/adjustable data acquisition system

p.dath
26th May 2009, 09:35
I wonder how much this thing weighs. Having massive torque is great, but if your towing a trailer load of batteries ...

Anyway, I think this is a great start. Things will only get better from here, and we need to make an effort to use fuels that are not carbon based.

Ultimately I think battery based engines will out perform their carbon fuel versions, and the carbon fuel engines will be eventually relagated to a special "classic" class of their own as they wont be competitive anymore.
But that will be some time away ...

Pixie
26th May 2009, 10:26
Torque 100 lb-ft @ Zero RPM :banana:

Can't wait for supercapacitors to replace batteries.

I minute recharge