PDA

View Full Version : MotoFXR hits the big time!

gav
26th May 2009, 23:43
OK, if you race an FXR150 in Canterbury, this is a chance of a lifetime!
Your very own race series, with proper prize money, sponsers, training etc
Not yet confirmed but looking very likely!
http://www.fxr150.co.nz/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=77&p=401#p401
You'll need to sign up to join the forum, but if youre racing an FXR you should already be one :laugh:

Yow Ling
27th May 2009, 06:20
Join the Revolution !!

phoenixgtr
27th May 2009, 09:56
This is brilliant!! There's some awesome prizes too!!

Skunk
27th May 2009, 10:35
Care to let the rest of us in on it? Bit of a hassle just to download a PDF.

Great work Brendan and co. Great way to improve the fields and the standards.

JayRacer37
27th May 2009, 10:47
Yeah, I reckon. Might have to keep searching for a fxr150 bucket racer...

Yow Ling
27th May 2009, 11:35
Thats fighting talk !! Ill put you on the list

Bren_chch
27th May 2009, 13:01
Care to let the rest of us in on it? Bit of a hassle just to download a PDF.

Great work Brendan and co. Great way to improve the fields and the standards.

Thanks for your comments!

gav
27th May 2009, 14:04
Yeah, I reckon. Might have to keep searching for a fxr150 bucket racer...
When can you get back out on a bucket?

SVboy
27th May 2009, 14:16
Sounds cool as-to clarify-still run as part of BEARS rounds?

Yow Ling
27th May 2009, 14:47
Sounds cool as-to clarify-still run as part of BEARS rounds?

http://www.fxr150.co.nz/discussion/v...=77&p=401#p401

The rules are on the above link, you will need to register with the forum but it only takes a minute.

The series not run with the Bears series, it is run at MCC meets

Kendog
27th May 2009, 17:43
FXR's, hmmmm.

These might catch on as a form of race bike :shifty:

Buddha#81
27th May 2009, 18:37
I'm now having a serious think about carrying on doing the BEARS winter series........ Same price for 1/2 a days racing where we are a cash cow to run a weekend race meet that we are not allow to compete in..........Or do a well organised series that actually has some incentive and get a whole days racing to boot. Current economic times means it will be one or the other!

With this series I could always retire and sell the MotoFXR which just doubled in price.

gav
27th May 2009, 19:07
I think you're right on the ball there, Buddha. Bears may sit up and take notice if 40-50 less riders turned up, but then again their way of thinking is just more racing for the rest, and the SOT will subsidise their Winter Series.

timg
27th May 2009, 19:29
FXR's, hmmmm.

These might catch on as a form of race bike :shifty: Doubt it :no:

JayRacer37
27th May 2009, 20:32
When can you get back out on a bucket?

Hmm. I could ride anything now, I'm pretty sure. I won't be able to get my MNZ licence back for another month or so it seems though, so racing is out untill then at least. :(

Bren_chch
27th May 2009, 20:43
I think you're right on the ball there, Buddha. Bears may sit up and take notice if 40-50 less riders turned up, but then again their way of thinking is just more racing for the rest, and the SOT will subsidise their Winter Series.

I doubt the BEARS club with its current President could care any. Its a shame, it could be a great club!

Yow Ling
27th May 2009, 21:00
Hmm. I could ride anything now, I'm pretty sure. I won't be able to get my MNZ licence back for another month or so it seems though, so racing is out untill then at least. :(

just buy a day license, hardly anyone from cams will recognise you

JayRacer37
27th May 2009, 21:59
just buy a day license, hardly anyone from cams will recognise you

Thoguht about it but it's not worth it...if it did go tits-up it would make it harder to sort it out with MNZ for the nationals and other things, not to mention making it very uncomfortable with ACC! Besides, I don't have a bike to race yet! :)

phoenixgtr
27th May 2009, 22:27
I'm now having a serious think about carrying on doing the BEARS winter series........ Same price for 1/2 a days racing where we are a cash cow to run a weekend race meet that we are not allow to compete in..........Or do a well organised series that actually has some incentive and get a whole days racing to boot. Current economic times means it will be one or the other!

With this series I could always retire and sell the MotoFXR which just doubled in price.

I'm going through the same thoughts. I can't afford to do 5 bears rounds and 5 MCC rounds, so it looks like I'm going to have to choose. It's not really a hard choice either

SVboy
28th May 2009, 09:40
So, to clarify for me-the new race dates will be CAMs[starting this weekend], not BEARS?

phoenixgtr
28th May 2009, 10:01
Nope. The MotoFXR series will be run on the King of Levels and King of Ruapuna days, which are:

Sat 18th July (Levels)
Sat 15th August (Levels)
Sat 19th September (Levels)
Sun 4th October (Ruapuna)
Sat 7th November (Ruapuna)

I think only the first 2 are actually confirmed dates.

SVboy
28th May 2009, 12:58
Cheers Tris-sorted!

dangerous
29th May 2009, 19:19
So, to clarify for me-the new race dates will be CAMs[starting this weekend], not BEARS?
... BEARs IS still the BMRC points meetings, this FXR thing is seperate shit altogeather, extra racing not in stead of.

Buddha#81
29th May 2009, 21:06
... this FXR thing is seperate shit altogeather, extra racing not in stead of.

Shit? Really? Instead of? For me it is! Even with the travel (subsidized) I feel its better value for money.

Muzzab
2nd June 2009, 21:18
Hi, I may be poking my nose in where it's not wanted, but just was wondering
if someone could clarify a point for me.

Are the races that the FXR series will be raced over normal "Bucket" races open to any one?

The FXR's will basically be having a race within a race, correct?

Don't get me wrong I have no problems with the FXR series, just want to make sure if I pick something off the "Bucket" calendar to go to, I can have a blast without treading on anyones toes.

Cheers
Muzza

dangerous
2nd June 2009, 21:30
Are the races that the FXR series will be raced over normal "Bucket" races open to any one? yes

just want to make sure if I pick something off the "Bucket" calendar to go to, I can have a blast without treading on anyones toes.
snobby FXR riders are still buckets... come tread on them :Punk:

MCC king or ruapuna and king of levels meets include buckets running off the back of streetstocks, cams meets now have a bucket only class as bears always has... ya might have to move over here LOL.

Yow Ling
2nd June 2009, 21:33
Hi, I may be poking my nose in where it's not wanted, but just was wondering
if someone could clarify a point for me.

Are the races that the FXR series will be raced over normal "Bucket" races open to any one?

The FXR's will basically be having a race within a race, correct?

Don't get me wrong I have no problems with the FXR series, just want to make sure if I pick something off the "Bucket" calendar to go to, I can have a blast without treading on anyones toes.

Cheers
Muzza

Hi Muzza, thats exactly right, the FXR series is being run with whatever other bikes turn up in the bucket class. It is not being run with any BMRC points races, they are run at the bears meets over winter.

See you sunday

Muzzab
2nd June 2009, 21:43
Thanks for that guys.

Hopefully will be over sunday, bike in shop at the moment. Was getting a new coil, but has progressed to getting "looked at", I'm assuming thats a technical racing term involving lots of $$ :shit:

Cheers
Muzza

Bren_chch
15th June 2009, 16:07
A little update: Sponsors are now 100% confirmed

. Duanes Bikes and Skis (confirmed)
. Street and Sport Motorcycles (confirmed)
. Pitlane Motorcycles (confirmed)
. Sportzone Suzuki (confirmed)
. Triple-r-superbike & James Smith (confirmed)

Triple-r-superbike would also like to offer a free dyno session as a prize, so we will work that in also! This will likely be for any bike not just the FXR150.

I need to finish off the entry and final entry date side of things as 'pre entry only' will apply for the fxr150 cup points series.

YES all F4/5 bikes are welcome to race among us! come and get stuck in!!!

Thanks to all who have already confirmed their entry:

AdamB - Modified
James Hoogenboezem - Standard (paid)
Buddha - Modified (paid)
Kickaha - Modified
Yowling - Modified (paid)
Mim - Standard
timg - Standard (paid)
phoenixgtr - Standard
Gavimoto - Modified
Tonyb - Standard

Come on it would be great to see 15 fxr's in the cup series, spread the news people, we have great prizes on offer!

Who else do we know of?
TonyMac? Modified
Russel? Standard
Randy Andy? Modified
Darryl? Modified
Gwenda? Standard
Tom Boss? Standard
Kevin Goddard? Standard

k14
15th June 2009, 17:33
This sounds pretty damn cool! Is there a prize if someone on an old shitter beats the lot of ya?

Bren_chch
15th June 2009, 17:47
hahaha! Sure. :Punk:

dangerous
15th June 2009, 18:07
This sounds pretty damn cool! Is there a prize if someone on an old shitter beats the lot of ya?
HAHAHAHA FARK yes, my shout man.

Kickaha - Modified YA what? Mr hot stroker will beat you poofter FXR's has a worked FXR? well I never.

gav
15th June 2009, 18:16
ps: mines a ordenary FXR150R not a mofo fixer so I cant be alowd with the in crowd.
Huh? Yours is modified Mr D, as is mine :doh:

Buddha#81
15th June 2009, 22:21
You can change mine entry to standard. I'm refitting the parts to make it eligable:Punk:.....and will still kick Dangerous's arse on his modified.:shifty:

Kickaha
15th June 2009, 22:57
YA what? Mr hot stroker will beat you poofter FXR's has a worked FXR? well I never.

It's a loaner, I'm not gay enough to actually own one

I'll put up $50 if you can

Buckets4Me
16th June 2009, 07:01
Can I lend my bucket to Avalon ?????

get beatin by a 2 smoker and a girl :P

bucketracer
16th June 2009, 07:58
If Avalon got down there on Buckets4me's RS/GP125 hybrid it would be interesting.

Shiny new FXR's spanked by a Girl on an old 2-Stroke, I would pay money to see that. :laugh:

Seriously, you guys have some great tracks down there, love to get there some day.

Buddha#81
16th June 2009, 10:00
Seriously, you guys have some great tracks down there, love to get there some day.

Pack ya bags then........Levels is the coolest full circuit bucket track in the Country, very tecnical tight infield and one of the coolest corners off the end of the back straight!

Kickaha
16th June 2009, 17:17
If Avalon got down there on Buckets4me's RS/GP125 hybrid it would be interesting.

Shiny new FXR's spanked by a Girl on an old 2-Stroke, I would pay money to see that. :laugh:

Put your money where your mouth is and get her down here, I doubt she'd do it easy

Buckets4Me
21st June 2009, 16:41
Put your money where your mouth is and get her down here, I doubt she'd do it easy

I don't think anyone would do it easy

Remember the last lady to hop on an old heep of and give they guys a spanking
broke her arm and smashed the tz350 at the end of the back straight of puke

I belive she has since given a few spanking since :2thumbsup

TZ350
21st June 2009, 19:39

I don't think anyone would do it easy, but I think Avalon has come 2nd in 125GP this year. She must have riden at Levels during the National round, does anyone know where she came? She is certainly quick on a 125. If any one can spank the 4-strokes she could.

Love to see it.

Kickaha
21st June 2009, 20:48
I don't think anyone would do it easy, but I think Avalon has come 2nd in 125GP this year. She must have riden at Levels during the National round, does anyone know where she came? She is certainly quick on a 125. If any one can spank the 4-strokes she could.

Love to see it.

She got a 3rd,4th,5th, but results on a 125GP bike aren't really relevant to Buckets oh sorry I mean MotoFXR:whistle:

We've had a few different people out of different classes at different bucket meetings over the years, some of them have done quite well but the regular bucket front runners have always given them a beating

Yow Ling
21st June 2009, 21:12
All this talk of 2 strokes spanking the FXRs is neither here nor there, the FXR series is about FXRs, while othr bikes may be faster they are only running in thr normal bucket race category, only an FXR engined bike can get points in the FXR series.
With a better prizepool than any other club racing in NZ you would have to be in , wouldnt ya ? But leave the stinkwheels at home.

gav
22nd June 2009, 06:47
You can change mine entry to standard. I'm refitting the parts to make it eligable:Punk:.....and will still kick Dangerous's arse on his modified.:shifty:
Thought you sold your FXR front end and FXR rear wheel?

Kickaha
22nd June 2009, 07:01

Maybe he bought them back because he was to scared to play with the big kids:dodge:

Buddha#81
22nd June 2009, 08:05

Yeah the goal post was moved......now I'm a big boy!:buggerd:

Kickaha
22nd June 2009, 19:01
.....now I'm a big boy!:buggerd:

NOW? you haven't been exactly small since I met you:whistle: