PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: BEARs Social Group?

flame
27th May 2009, 17:28
British,European,American Racing

So, I was thinking, this could be a good way to 'kick off' the possibility of a BEARs Club in the future, It would be great to see a strong club following in the north, like the South boys n gals have (if there is enough interest up here).

I was thinking of attempting a casual meet. Monthly?? fortnightly??, or weekly??(might break the winter week long boring blues) for the keen folk. Not necessary to own/ride a BEARs bike, or even own a bike of any description. Any make/brand welcome (coz we aint biasd), its the enthusiasm to try and get something rolling towards bringing back BEARs support/events/racing in the North that we are after.
Thoughts i have are along the lines of meeting up for dinner and/or Drinks at a bike friendly bar (Parrot and Jigger in Alicetown are MORE than accommodating). For now at least while the arctic weather is nagging us. With a view to riding out on weekends that suit, and summer evening rides for those that are able/keen. In the hope that a strong following will build us into trackdays/club racing and more.

Any thoughts welcome....positive or negative (don't hurt my feelings too bad though eh!... or I may have to slap you!:(:msn-wink:)

If any of you are keen, register some interest here, or PM me. Lets get something rolling so one day our own NI Sound of Thunder can happen!:Punk:

Cheers

325rocket
27th May 2009, 17:59
make it a BEAJS and im in

ajturbo
27th May 2009, 18:08
hey matey..

i am keen
( read .. i must get out more)

flame
27th May 2009, 18:52
make it a BEAJS and im inJappa's more than welcome. Its about enthusiasm and a general interest in the topic at hand.

hey matey..

i am keen

yes you should! :niceone:

James Deuce
27th May 2009, 19:01
Yeah! Can I my bring my mate with the Italian Bike?

What happens at BEARS, stays at BEARS?

Dooly
27th May 2009, 19:07
Do teddy bears count?
My wife will be in then.

I'll use my wog bike and the Trumpies.:Punk:

ratusratus
27th May 2009, 20:06
every ones a comedian on this sight:2guns:

chanceyy
27th May 2009, 20:18

hmm is that sight or site ?? :nya: :laugh:

on ya V for trying to get something sorted :clap:

sinfull
27th May 2009, 20:22
Ya Mrs reconed YOU were the teddy bear of the family mate, But i am however happy to have my mind changed, anytime your willing to ride all three of them things at the first NI bears club track meeting !

flame
27th May 2009, 20:25

NO! if you BUM your mate....we'll tell EVERYBODY.

sinfull
27th May 2009, 20:47
Nooooo !
B.A.M Sounds far better !

flame
27th May 2009, 22:05
ride all three of them things at the first NI bears club track meeting !

Wahoo! bring on round one I say. Errrr, well IM TRYING!!!!!:soon:

Social group will be a great start. Enough like minded soles together and we can make anything happen!

Sonykid
28th May 2009, 13:44
Sign me up for the BEARS club.

Might be a bit hard to get to Welly for the rides and beers but keen to help out with any Race meeting stuff esp NI Sound of Thunder.

wharfy
28th May 2009, 16:19
I'll be in !!!
A manfield SOT would be wayyyyyy cool :)

flame
28th May 2009, 18:52

Might be a bit hard to get to Welly for the rides and beers but keen to help out with any Race meeting stuff esp NI Sound of Thunder.

Awsome! Cheers Sonykid. Its a wee way off yet, but Im not giving up. If we can get enough interest from Palmy as well then we surely can sort out some joints meets.

I'll be in !!!
it would be fantastic! If enough guys n gals come forward Im sure we can at least work towards getting some Club racing alive!

Doesn't seem to be a lot of interest yet. Thank you to those of you who have responded. Keep telling ya mates!!!
If I can get a few more definite responses then I'm setting a date for us to catch up in the next couple of weeks. Or perhaps I should just DO IT! and see what happens. I'm not going to be discouraged if I find its just me and my bike sitting at a bar all night waiting........:o LOL

BIG DOUG
28th May 2009, 18:59
Oh f**k,count me in

ajturbo
28th May 2009, 19:08
Awsome! Cheers Sonykid. Its a wee way off yet, but Im not giving up. If we can get enough interest from Palmy as well then we surely can sort out some joints meets.

it would be fantastic! If enough guys n gals come forward Im sure we can at least work towards getting some Club racing alive!

Doesn't seem to be a lot of interest yet. Thank you to those of you who have responded. Keep telling ya mates!!!
If I can get a few more definite responses then I'm setting a date for us to catch up in the next couple of weeks. Or perhaps I should just DO IT! and see what happens. I'm not going to be discouraged if I find its just me and my bike sitting at a bar all night waiting........:o LOL
hahahhahahahah.. where's my camera..??

flame
28th May 2009, 19:16
Oh f**k,count me in
are you Doug that used to be at BS? AWESOME! definitely need your input/support :niceone: If its not the same Doug, we still need you too :)

crazefox
28th May 2009, 20:20
Well that will be 2 of us sitting there then. :2guns:

Clivoris
28th May 2009, 20:54

You better not have another mate with an Italian bike:oi-grr:

NO! if you BUM your mate....we'll tell EVERYBODY.

Can we keep the blow jobs secret?

Times a bit precious Flame, but will get along when I can. Especially if James is there.

mattathm
28th May 2009, 21:08
OK chicky!!! COUNT ME IN

Dunno what bike I'll have but it will always be a V-Twin !!!
So it will be thunder we make.

So you might as well count in Craig with the Yellow TLR and Wayne with the Blue SV, 3 x thunder = good sounds!!!!!

Rock on!

sinfull
28th May 2009, 21:19
I'll be in !!!

hey matey..

i am keen

Do teddy bears count?
My wife will be in then.

Oh f**k,count me in

OK chicky!!! COUNT ME IN

So you might as well count in Craig with the Yellow TLR and Wayne with the Blue SV, 3 x thunder = good sounds!!!!!

Rock on!
Clubrooms are open on sunday at the Otaki social riders funday sunday (every long weekend) few old trail bikes and quads to blast round on in the padocks, did i mention a bar ?, kid friendly, bring a tent if you think ya might get tired ! Not a bad spot to talk bears, but open to all makes !

. Just needed that quoted for when you start passing me on the 20th ! If ya doing nothin on sunday bro, bring the famdangly out this aways and meet the crew !

et al
28th May 2009, 21:32
Great idea Flame, count me in please.

flame
28th May 2009, 21:38
Cheers mate! :apint:

Times a bit precious Flame, but will get along when I can. Especially if James is there.
hmmmmm I dunno, if you two get all buddied up like, then I'll make ya's go get a room! LOL
Be great if you can make it when you can Clivo and James!

OK chicky!!! COUNT ME IN

Rock on!
sounds cool M :Punk: Best I set a time and place!

Clubrooms are open on sunday at the Otaki social riders funday sunday (every long weekend) few old trail bikes and quads to blast round on in the padocks, did i mention a bar ?, kid friendly, bring a tent if you think ya might get tired ! Not a bad spot to talk bears, but open to all makes !

That does sound like a good day! onya Sinfull, might have to come and say g'day:yes: Can you PM me the details please.

ajturbo
28th May 2009, 22:20
That does sound like a good day! onya Sinfull, might have to come and say g'day:yes: Can you PM me the details please.

this sounds great...

johan
28th May 2009, 23:01
Very interesting ideas!

A two days BEARS event at Manfeild long circuit would be sweet.

86GSXR
28th May 2009, 23:39
Throw in at least two Palmy Triumph's and a Buell. Great idea :yeah:

jimbo600
29th May 2009, 07:38
Good call Vikl

You can count me in too. Might even inspire me to actually get on the bike once in a while.

Nice one

ajturbo
29th May 2009, 07:42
sinfull has invited us up there on sunday..

i am keen to go, rain or shine

anyone else interested???

PM me

Dooly
29th May 2009, 07:48
Is there a BEARS nationwide org or anything like that, maybe similar to Triumph's RAT?
Never heard of anything in my area HB.
Would be neat to have a BEARS setup like the RAT one.
Provincial groups together, meeting up etc.

sinfull
29th May 2009, 08:17
Is there a BEARS nationwide org or anything like that, maybe similar to Triumph's RAT?
Never heard of anything in my area HB.
Would be neat to have a BEARS setup like the RAT one.
Provincial groups together, meeting up etc.
See what you've started vicky Woohhoooo

Dooly
29th May 2009, 08:30
Can't be that hard eh Bill, to start an informal BEARS social group in each province.
I know lots of BEARS riders here in the bay.
Hmm, worth a go maybe........

chanceyy
29th May 2009, 08:30
ohh V fogot to add to my previous post happy to help out where needed chick .. apparently I have good crash crew skills :whistle:

sinfull
29th May 2009, 08:56
Can't be that hard eh Bill, to start an informal BEARS social group in each province.
Hmm, worth a go maybe........ Thats the bugger mate !
Was thinkin last night when Vick posted up that there doesn't seem to be too much interest in wellington as yet (give ppl time to find the thread, i know at least 1/2 doz yet that aint posted) that i know a shit load more bears riders that aint on kiwibiker than are !
Get out there and start a HB meet maybe once a week or fortnight or whatever and who knows what might happen ! Don't have to be KBers aye
Once a few of them are in place we could even get together and count heads as to how many would be keen on a race meet ! I for one am happy to chip in and invest a bit of dosh in hiring manfield (when i have it that is lol)

ohh V fogot to add to my previous post happy to help out where needed chick .. apparently I have good crash crew skills :whistle:
Hope your not implying something about bears riders here Sandra :love:

chanceyy
29th May 2009, 09:06
Hope your not implying something about bears riders here Sandra :love:

:nono: ... as if I would :laugh: .. after all they NEVER crash or BREAK down huh :lol:

just outlaying my current skills

MIXONE
29th May 2009, 09:29
The old beema is a bit slow for racing but I'd be keen to help out at meets by flag marshalling or whatever.
A bloody good idea V.

sarahtvet
29th May 2009, 09:42
Thats the bugger mate !
Was thinkin last night when Vick posted up that there doesn't seem to be too much interest in wellington as yet (give ppl time to find the thread, i know at least 1/2 doz yet that aint posted) that i know a shit load more bears riders that aint on kiwibiker than are !

Well you know I am up for it :lol:
Anything involving the Triumph and a track will be a perfect day out :yes:

ajturbo
29th May 2009, 16:06
anyone BRAVE enough to join me?

have a party to go to the night before... so it will not be early... about 11ish..

or is that tooo early for ya
sinfull?

flame
29th May 2009, 16:36
See what you've started vicky Woohhoooo
FANTASTIC! bring it on :sunny:

Hmm, worth a go maybe........
Definitely, the way I see it is that a social group is a good start. If we can broaden this group across the country we'll have a strong support base to get BEARs up and alive and kicking butt:woohoo:

Would love to have your support chick! not sure about the crash crew skills though....BEARs riders dont ever crash... its their bikes that do :msn-wink:

The old beema is a bit slow for racing but I'd be keen to help out at meets by flag marshalling or whatever.
A bloody good idea V.
hey fantastic Mixone, cheers! If your in this area make sure you come along and enjoy the social side eh!

Well you know I am up for it :lol:
Anything involving the Triumph and a track will be a perfect day out :yes:
Cheers Sarahtvet! great to see a strong interest from Palmy.

anyone BRAVE enough to join me?

have a party to go to the night before... so it will not be early... about 11ish..

or is that tooo early for ya
sinfull?
Im thinking of going up AJ. Depends on the weather. Possibly too short notice to take this as a 'group meet', being the long weekend and all. But Im keen all the same. Any of you also keen then flick me a PM and we can sort details. Cheers Sinfull

I'll post up a first meeting for all of you who are keen in the next couple of days (Palmy guys n gals too if your able to make it). Thanks so much for all of you that have supported this so far! Your AWESOME:yes::D

ajturbo
29th May 2009, 16:47
Im thinking of going up AJ. Depends on the weather. Possibly too short notice to take this as a 'group meet', being the long weekend and all. But Im keen all the same. Any of you also keen then flick me a PM and we can sort details. Cheers Sinfull

er.... if we are meeting a group, does that count???

I'll post up a first meeting for all of you who are keen in the next couple of days (Palmy guys n gals too if your able to make it). Thanks so much for all of you that have supported this so far! Your AWESOME:yes::D

it's not the support they are after... it's following your butt around that makes them want to join....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

flame
29th May 2009, 16:49
Good call Vikl

You can count me in too. Might even inspire me to actually get on the bike once in a while.

Nice one
thanks, and you better! That KTM wants your butt on it!

sinfull
29th May 2009, 16:56
it's not the support they are after... it's following your butt around that makes them want to join....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Was fun following her round for a while but then she sped up and left me for dead, but it's ok, i think i might have fixed that problem :second:

Having a few beers at the clubrooms tonight if anyones keen ! 7.30 onwards

Apparently we're discussing a fundraiser ride thats happening soon, for a young lady that needs surgery overseas !
(will post more on a seperate thread with a link here when i know more)

ajturbo
30th May 2009, 10:29
Was fun following her round for a while but then she sped up and left me for dead, but it's ok, i think i might have fixed that problem :second:

Having a few beers at the clubrooms tonight if anyones keen ! 7.30 onwards

Apparently we're discussing a fundraiser ride thats happening soon, for a young lady that needs surgery overseas !
(will post more on a seperate thread with a link here when i know more)
dam... only just seen this.

was at a loose end last night...
and it was a great night for a ride....
so went (walked) to the pub across the road:doh:

Dooly
2nd June 2009, 11:24
Asked some guys I know with BEARS bikes over the weekend about a HB BEARS group.
None really showed interest and asked...'why', as in regards to starting a group........fuck's sake.:confused:
But, early days I guess. Might be harder than thought.

flame
2nd June 2009, 17:46
Asked some guys I know with BEARS bikes over the weekend about a HB BEARS group.
None really showed interest and asked...'why', as in regards to starting a group........fuck's sake.:confused:
But, early days I guess. Might be harder than thought.

Nothings ever easy, people either want to be involved, or just dont have the time. Keep working on it Dooly! I had mentioned the idea to a few friends who also showed minimal interest. So I just posted it up here anyway. Even if 3 people turned up tomorrow night it would be a start. But if 3 grew into 200 Bears riders racing around Manfield one day, then its all been worth it:sunny:

chanceyy
2nd June 2009, 18:02
Nothings ever easy, people either want to be involved, or just dont have the time. Keep working on it Dooly! I had mentioned the idea to a few friends who also showed no interest. So I just posted it up here anyway. Even if 3 people turned up tomorrow night it would be a start. But if 3 grew into 200 Bears riders racing around Manfield one day, then its all been worth it:sunny:

hey babe .. dunna forget there are a few of us who are definitely interested but just can not get to wellywood for meetings .. (well not til the sun is shining & we can blat down on the bikes that is) :lol: .. looking forward to the updates :yes:

flame
2nd June 2009, 18:45
hey babe .. dunna forget there are a few of us who are definitely interested but just can not get to wellywood for meetings .. (well not til the sun is shining & we can blat down on the bikes that is) :lol: .. looking forward to the updates :yes:

I wont forget you guys chickie!:D, 1st group ride will be heading up your way so we can meet up and cause trouble!

(I"ll just remember to run reds this time eh ;) )

paulmac
2nd June 2009, 19:01
We have some BEARS riders up here in the naki that currently travel to Chch to race, will mention it to them as I see them ! This has to be good for NI riders !! Good work Flame.

BIG DOUG
3rd June 2009, 19:26
sorry been away for a couple of days just looked and meeting was tonight,so I"ve missed that one but keep me informed of the next date and I'll be there

ajturbo
3rd June 2009, 22:18
well i have just got home... was a great turn-out!!!

99% turned up on bikes....

soft cock "crazyfox" didn't

Laxi
3rd June 2009, 22:20
bugger! forgot that was tonight:shit:

flame
3rd June 2009, 22:27

I'm STOKED with the turn out! Thanks everyone!!!

For those of you that couldn't make it, we are running the meetings on the first Wednesday of each month at the Parrot and Jigger. Big thanks to Warren and the crew down there for having us and giving us their support.

FIRST GROUP RIDE this Sunday 7th June. All bike flavors welcome. Details to follow :scooter: .........

crazefox
5th June 2009, 20:05

Ha ha Mr AJ i had to take one for the team and support the parrot and buy lots of there beer you fucka:argue::argue::argue:

ajturbo
5th June 2009, 20:56
hahahhahahahahaha.. you did a great job too!!!

Bullitt
5th June 2009, 22:28
Just saw the thread. You wont see me on a race track anytime soon but Im still happy for the rest of it and to help out where I can.

flame
6th June 2009, 00:53
Just saw the thread. You wont see me on a race track anytime soon but Im still happy for the rest of it and to help out where I can.
Cheers Bullitt, the social side will be ongoing, hope to have you along. See details now posting on main thread here.....

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=100450&page=3

sinfull
6th June 2009, 01:11

Cheers Bullitt, the social side will be ongoing, hope to have you along. See details now posting on main thread here.....

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=100450&page=3
The racing side would just be an added bonus (if we could make it eventuate) to what looks like is gonna happen here !
Could change the thread title to BEAJ'S to save any confusion about this being a race orientated thang, but all Good (read better than BEAJ'S) ideas wellcome lol