PDA

View Full Version : First time offroad...

TygerTung
18th March 2005, 17:04
Hehe just took my CG offroad, and OMG!!! SOO much fun!

I'm definatly going to get an offroad bike now, I think a big single, like an XL or somthing, get like an XL200, or 250 or somthing.

The 125 seems to have enough torque to go places no worries, but It's a bit slow.

Road tires get a bit slippery up grassy hills!! also my front forks keep bottoming out all the time, so I probably won't take it offroad again....

I think offroad is where it's at, I might keep speed on the road to my cages, this way my fast bike won't make my fast cage seem slow, because it'll be an offroad one.

Any ideas on a good offroad bike which is road registered? I want to be able to take a pillion, and I want a 4 stroke!

Coyote
18th March 2005, 20:59
Any ideas on a good offroad bike which is road registered? I want to be able to take a pillion, and I want a 4 stroke!
CRF250X I think is road legaliseable, otherwise your safest bet would be a XR250, DRZ250 or a TTR250. A good 2 stroker would be a DT230, fairly smooth for a 2 stroke from what I know

Plus there are the bigger bore bikes: TTR600, DRZ400-650, XR400-650. I personally would go for one of the europeans bikes like Husaberg, VOR, KTM or the Huskys just cause I like the look of them and they tend to have bigger more powerful engines

http://www.crossaction.com.au/vor/2004_vor/VOR%2004%20MX%20Left_800.jpg
http://motard.concode.com/images/motard/vor/VOR.jpg

Mr Skid
18th March 2005, 22:38
Choice one! :2thumbsup

I'm a bit poor for a dirt bike right now, so I just take my cbr out on gravel.

After a while you get used to it sliding around underneath you eh? I can't go around corners particuarly fast at the moment, but it's a hell of a lot of fun sliding around with the rear brake.

I'm keen on a XR650 or something in a year or so, you can really push the limits on a dirt bike, and not be going very fast at all.

Also they crash far better than road bikes!

TygerTung
19th March 2005, 01:20
Yeah, I can't get anything over a 250, cos I'm just on my learners, but I don't have too much money to spend on a bike, so I'll just get an early 80's XL or XR or somthing from anothyer manufacturer, should be good fun!

Coyote
19th March 2005, 07:32
so I just take my cbr out on gravel.

Great fun that, going 50 over potholes and stuff, don't do it often cause I don't want to stuff up

I'm still restricted to 250 for a good year and a half yet so I'll stick to the CBR, but for my upgrade, its either a ZX6RR or a Thumper Motard, if I'm lucky

This Husaberg pic was meant to be in my last post, but only turned up as an X, so I've made it a attachment

Coyote
19th March 2005, 07:35
Maidstone Yamaha Deals in VORs, I'll go to them first when I get my full